Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Jarrod Bowen

Bowen is a super player, he’s got something you can’t master easily in the game, the ability to find space in dangerous areas. He may not be the quickest across the floor, but he is upstairs. Anyone taking a gamble on him is in for a gem in my opinion. I personally think he’s is a cracking little player. Better than Barnes that for sure. 

3 hours ago, matty98 said:

No brainer for me. He's young, scored loads in a struggling team for the past 3 years. Wouldn't cost a fortune aswell with his contract up in the summer. Yes he's not the fastest, but no slower than Perez or Albrighton.

His contract isn't really up in the summer as Hull have an option to extend for 12 months.

I haven't seen him play so can only judge him on his profile. He has a distinct lack of pace which means he needs to be exceptional in other areas to prosper at a PL club with CL ambitions. He's also 23 in a few days so isn't that young and whilst he has an excellent record at Championship level you have to wonder why another PL club didn't snap him up in the summer when he was very much attainable.

For me he has hallmarks of the Perez signing. We ended last season with three players out wide who I would describe as PL mid table level in Albrighton, Barnes and Gray. Barnes had excellent potential, Albrighton was Mr Reliable and you could argue Gray was an enigma but maybe still could fulfil his potential. I thought signing Perez wasn't a big upgrade on what we had and so far he has proved to be that. I don't see the point in bringing in Bowen who probably won't be a big upgrade on what we have but much of a muchness along with the other four wide players.

I said in the summer that we really could have done with a huge upgrade on Barnes, Albrighton and Gray and let those three fight it out for the other available place in the team. Buy cheap, buy twice and I'd much rather us be super ambitious and try and bring someone like Lemar in January if other bigger clubs show no interest.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I'm really not convinced to be honest. Don't think he's quick enough and Barnes was scoring comfortably in his short stint at that level. 

He'd probably end up costing roughly what Atletico will end up wanting for Lemar. 

Liverpool triggering a kid's 7.5m release clause shows there's accessible talent in Europe that doesn't have to take up a significant amount of your budget. 

I guess it just strikes me as a signing lacking in imagination. I wish we'd be capitalising on our current profile to aim a bit higher. 

Isn't he on a free in the summer? He would be relatively cheap. Very little risk in this signing. 

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Bowen is a super player, he’s got something you can’t master easily in the game, the ability to find space in dangerous areas. He may not be the quickest across the floor, but he is upstairs. Anyone taking a gamble on him is in for a gem in my opinion. I personally think he’s is a cracking little player. Better than Barnes that for sure. 

100% this. You don't need pace if your movement makes the space for you. 

54 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

100% this. You don't need pace if your movement makes the space for you. 

The problem being that whilst he's proven he can get into dangerous areas in the Championship, its a whole different kettle of fish in the PL. Even ignoring the top-level CBs like VVD, the middle-of-the-road PL defenders such as Boly, Tarkowski and Maguire :ph34r: are all streets ahead of the opposition he'll come up against in the Championship. Its a legitimate concern that his particular skillset doesn't necessarily suit itself to the higher level. 

• Like 1

To be honest, he looks more like a goal poacher who’ll find gaps between defenders. 

I think he’d struggle as a wideman in the Premier League and you wouldn’t get a great goal return from him.

However as a “fox in the box”, this may have some legs. 

10 minutes ago, Sly said:

To be honest, he looks more like a goal poacher who’ll find gaps between defenders. 

I think he’d struggle as a wideman in the Premier League and you wouldn’t get a great goal return from him.

However as a “fox in the box”, this may have some legs. 

do you mean like an eventual vardy replacement?

35 minutes ago, MPH said:

do you mean like an eventual vardy replacement?

Potentially. I don’t think he’s as versatile as Vardy. He doesn’t have as many weapons in his arsenal. 

7 hours ago, casablancas said:

He’s leaving in the summer right? If so I’m sure he’ll be coming here at a nice discounted rate. He ain’t gonna be getting a massive singing bonus is he? He will have little pressure on him and he comes across as humble. Will be interesting and exciting to watch him develop under ‘big daddy’

Hull have the option of extending his contract by a year so I don't think he will be a fire sale.

8 minutes ago, Sly said:

Potentially. I don’t think he’s as versatile as Vardy. He doesn’t have as many weapons in his arsenal. 

there’s very few strikers within our reach who’ll be able to outright replace vardy...

11 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I'm really not convinced to be honest. Don't think he's quick enough and Barnes was scoring comfortably in his short stint at that level. 

He'd probably end up costing roughly what Atletico will end up wanting for Lemar. 

Liverpool triggering a kid's 7.5m release clause shows there's accessible talent in Europe that doesn't have to take up a significant amount of your budget. 

I guess it just strikes me as a signing lacking in imagination. I wish we'd be capitalising on our current profile to aim a bit higher. 

I can’t disagree with anything you’ve said to be fair mate, just wondering if the club/owners would like to keep it a very much British core group of players, plus they may see him as a Maddison-esque signing who could prove to be just as successful. 

Have to say, I’m not massively convinced myself but wouldn’t be too against him joining. Maybe at the expense of Gray and Albrighton unfortunately. 

8 hours ago, Pliskin said:

He's more than Super..

He's Super, Smashing, Great!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I agree, it feels like our next attacking signing has to be a player with incredible ability. I know they are very difficult to bring in but we are 2nd in the league and have the majority of the Maguire money available so paying £40-60m for a player like Olmo, Ziyech, Lemar etc wouldn't be impossible for us. 

Couldn't agree more.

I look at our side and nine of our first XI would be incredibly hard to improve upon. The two wide positions are the obvious upgrades needed. I'm a big fan of Barnes and would like to see him feature a lot  so don't want to block his potential by replacing him.

A top drawer attacking wide player like the three you have mentioned all seem an obvious upgrade on what we have. It would be good to fund it by maybe selling Gray and I see we have interest in Iheanacho. I certainly think Bowen will just be another much of a muchness on what we already have and in a position we're well stocked numerically in relative mediocrity for what we want as a club. 

• Like 2