Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Jarrod Bowen

6 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. take a look at James at United!! 

We failed to pick him up and would gladly shell out a few millions for him now. 

We don’t get every player we want. that’s not how it works. 

We did make an offer for him but he chose Man United over us.

3 minutes ago, Gerard said:

He's also 27yo which makes him unsuitable for us. We can't be spunking huge money on players who will be near worthless come the end of their contract. 

Yep got Everton or Chelsea written all over it.

• Like 2

On 15/12/2019 at 10:00, Finnegan said:

I'm really not convinced to be honest. Don't think he's quick enough and Barnes was scoring comfortably in his short stint at that level. 

He'd probably end up costing roughly what Atletico will end up wanting for Lemar. 

Liverpool triggering a kid's 7.5m release clause shows there's accessible talent in Europe that doesn't have to take up a significant amount of your budget. 

I guess it just strikes me as a signing lacking in imagination. I wish we'd be capitalising on our current profile to aim a bit higher. 

I thought the exact same thing. Che Adams is another who was been non existent since making the jump up.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Zaha is slightly over rated and over hyped, he's certainly not a superstar like some make him out to be. Hell, he's never outscored Ayoze Perez in the PL and although he usually gets a fair amount of assists a season, this year he's got 1 in 17 games! I think we should spend £50-60m on a next level winger but that should be someone like Lemar, Ziyech or Chiesa.

I hear you, and I think that the collective indifference of top clubs to him probably supports your position. I am much more in the "I want to invest in the best goal-scoring wing that can flourish in Rodgers' attack" than I am "I want Zaha specifically." I have zero objection to signing better wings than Zaha, just need someone who can lead the line if Vards is out. 

• Like 1

Changed my mind on him after last night.

As long as we sign a wide player to be first choice, i'd be happy for Bowen to be our next 'Project'. 

Albrighton wouldn't get anywhere near his figures in the championship, Bowen would take his place in the squad and push on to offer a realistic threat of getting in the side.

I would rather take the approach of improving the squad through the first team though. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CityIsBlue said:

Changed my mind on him after last night.

As long as we sign a wide player to be first choice, i'd be happy for Bowen to be our next 'Project'. 

Albrighton wouldn't get anywhere near his figures in the championship, Bowen would take his place in the squad and push on to offer a realistic threat of getting in the side.

I would rather take the approach of improving the squad through the first team though. 

£20m+ would be a lot of money for a project though and would still leave you with the hole to fill of a wide player who can go in right away and improve the team and you'd have £20m less to find said player.

14 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

His contract runs out in the summer, can’t see him costing 20 million. We need a world class winger for sure, but probably an improvement on our current wingers would be ideal too. Albrighton is here for a few appearances a season and sticking around to be a leading figure in the dressing room. 

Hull have an option to extend by a further year which they'll obviously do to protect their asset. He'd still command a fee anyway as he is under 24/25

As I've said previously on the thread I have reservations about Bowen coping well with the jump to whatever club in the EPL.

I think 12-18 months ago Bowen would have been a viable option for Leicester but given the drastic upturn in expectations and the very real possibility of champions league football next season I think Leicester need to be aiming higher.  If you want to ensure that CL qualification isn't a flash in the pan and properly build on it then each signing needs to be an obvious upgrade on what you already have and Bowen for me is most definitely not that.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, henrik_62 said:

As I've said previously on the thread I have reservations about Bowen coping well with the jump to whatever club in the EPL.

I think 12-18 months ago Bowen would have been a viable option for Leicester but given the drastic upturn in expectations and the very real possibility of champions league football next season I think Leicester need to be aiming higher.  If you want to ensure that CL qualification isn't a flash in the pan and properly build on it then each signing needs to be an obvious upgrade on what you already have and Bowen for me is most definitely not that.  

Edouard to Leicester?

1 minute ago, Happy Fox said:

He must be a good player 😁

I think Moussa Dembele would be perfect for us Lyon are struggling big time in Ligue 1.

I love Edouard, will be gutted when he eventually moves on, it would be great if he could be here for the 10 but I expect he'll go this summer.

Dembele would be a superb signing, an absolute monster of a striker.

I'd love to have seen Celtic with the two of them in the same team for a full season, they would have been unplayable in Scotland.

2 hours ago, NewquayFox said:

Man Utd took a gamble on Dan James and he’s turned out ok, Bowen would be a good signing for us and fits into the Rodgers type of player bracket... 

Dan James has terrifying pace at any level, its the one asset that's always valuable and can't be taught. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NewquayFox said:

Man Utd took a gamble on Dan James and he’s turned out ok, Bowen would be a good signing for us and fits into the Rodgers type of player bracket... 

Agreed. Just because we’ve overachieved so far this season doesn’t mean we should start mucking about with transfers and bringing in players for big money. It’s signing players like Bowen that got us into this position so I’m not against us signing him. 

• Like 3

On 23/12/2019 at 11:15, henrik_62 said:

Just tell us you want Bowen for Celtic.

lol

• Haha 1

On 23/12/2019 at 23:27, Finnegan said:

Dan James has terrifying pace at any level, its the one asset that's always valuable and can't be taught. 

... yeah, but without the intelligence to go with it, you just have pace. James has the sense to go with his natural speed and is what has made him have the break through this season. We did not pick him up.. our loss!!