Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Moment Of The Decade - BBC

What has been your moment of the decade?

1. Rooney's overhead kick v Man City (2011)

2. Man Utd 1-6 Man City - why always me? (2011)

3. Agueroooooo (2012)

4. Suarez's bite (2013)

5. Fergie's emotional farewell (2013)

6. Gerrard's slip (2014)

7. Lionesses finishing third at the World Cup (2015)

8. Leicester City's coronation (2016)

9. England beating Colombia on penalties to reach World Cup quarters (2018)

10. Liverpool's Champions League comeback against Barcelona (2019)

Vote here

24 minutes ago, RutlanderFox said:

I’m biased so I’m going to vote for us but Aguero’s goal was surely the best “moment”

Agreed.

Aguerooooooooooo was pretty damn magical as a moment of genuine theatre, winning the league with virtually the last kick of the season.

Ours was obviously the better achievement.

Aguerooooo wins it, hands down.

Our title was special but not 'a moment' (which is probably why they specifically changed it to the coronation).

The only other ones I'd put on my shortlist would be Gerrard's slip (because of how pivotal it proved to be) and Liverpool's late goal against Barcelona. Maybe Fergie's farewell as it was the end of an era.

Half of those are clearly only on there because they wanted a range of years (did nothing at all happen in 2017?!), rather than on merit.

The state of that list.

Feels like they're a "you'll NEVER BELIEVE number eight!" clickbait headline away from becoming Buzzfeed.

Rooney's overhead has been cynically shoe-horned in to appease the Manchester United contingent, because BBC Football would basically have no content if they stopped writing about them.

Lists like these with public votes always get hijacked too.

BIN.

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I'm never usually biased towards us in polls but our coronotion is the best from that list hands down, no other club will do anything like it.

I know! But apparently it only deserves to be in the company of the Lionesses finishing 3rd at the WC and the Lions beating the mighty Columbia on penalties to reach the WC quarters??!!!!!!! Of course they didn't go on to win the WC either. 

We shouldn't be on the list really. Winning the top tier of football over 9 months is a monumental achievement. Not a "moment"!

Edited by Kendal Fox
  • Like 1