Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox 4 Life

Liverpool (H) Boxing Day Pre Match Thread

34 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

After last night I don't see the need for a knee jerk reaction, but we need characters on the field in what we should treat like a cup final with aggression. I think West Ham will be the chance to show more flair and I would save the likes of Perez and Gray for that one 2 days later. Assuming Barnes is out I would go: 

Kasper 

Ricardo    Evans      Soyuncu     Chilwell

Choudhury   Ndidi

Praet       Maddison    Albrighton 

Vardy

Subs: Ward, Morgan, Justin, Tielemans, Gray, Perez, Iheanacho. 

West Ham:

Kasper

Justin       Morgan        Soyuncu   Fuchs

Choudhury    

Gray      Perez   Tielemans  Albrighton                           Iheanacho 

Subs:  Ward, Chilwell, Evans, Ndidi, Praet, Maddison, Vardy

Not far off my liverpool pick that. 2 CDMs to support our full backs and hope madderz can produce some magic. No point in persevering with our wingers from the off in the form they're in.

Need to set the tempo early with our agression. Be in their faces from the off.

Would love Hamza to get an opportunity here especially after the way Klopp singled him out after the Anfield game. Put an Evans on Kane style challenge in the opening minutes and the crowd will be instantly lifted.

I'm optimistic strangely enough!

I wonder if the diamond is the way to go for this one:

Kasper

Ricky  Evans  Soy  Chill

N'didi

Praet   Hamza

Maddison

Nacho      Vardy

Too defensive minded maybe?

9 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Seems like no cnuts learnt a thing from the Norwich and Man City pre match threads. We’re Leicester, we’re going to get hammered. Enjoy your turkey on the 25th before we get stuffed like one on the 26th.  It’s all over. We might just stave off relegation. 

THIS is how we prepare for a match. None of this I fancy us to win this one; we’ll do well against these; can see a city win here. BOLLOCKS. Despair and misery please. Anyone would think we were 2nd or something. Nobs. 

It shows how stupid this place is at the moment that I actually took this post seriously until I read the last sentence lol

8 hours ago, TK95 said:

Need to set the tempo early with our agression. Be in their faces from the off.

Would love Hamza to get an opportunity here especially after the way Klopp singled him out after the Anfield game. Put an Evans on Kane style challenge in the opening minutes and the crowd will be instantly lifted.

I'm optimistic strangely enough!

I think you’re spot on. I’d play Hamza for the “messing with their head” syndrome alongside Wilf plus he’d be super ready for a run out against this lot. 

I’d rest Chilli and Tille for today as they had torrid games against the Mancs and bring in Fuchs as he’d worry Alex A more. I’d have Praet in for Perez on the right side and play Albrighton or Gray for Barnes. Push Madders forward closer to Vardy in a 10 freeing him up more to do damage.?

Kasper

Ricardo.  Evans Soy Fuchs

Praet.  Hamza. Wilf.  Gray/Mark

Madderz

Vards 

I think Albrightons better than Gray against decent opponents. 

12 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Seems like no cnuts learnt a thing from the Norwich and Man City pre match threads. We’re Leicester, we’re going to get hammered. Enjoy your turkey on the 25th before we get stuffed like one on the 26th.  It’s all over. We might just stave off relegation. 

THIS is how we prepare for a match. None of this I fancy us to win this one; we’ll do well against these; can see a city win here. BOLLOCKS. Despair and misery please. Anyone would think we were 2nd or something. Nobs. 

😩

I fancy us to beat them too

I reckon it’ll be a very very different performance to the Man City one

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

😩

I fancy us to beat them too

I reckon it’ll be a very very different performance to the Man City one

Needs to be col

someone has to get stuck in early on mane or Salah (like vards did on shakeys first game) ..... sets the tone .... do we have anyone apart from JV who could easily get sent off for making a strong challenge! 

Man City midfield was too good for us, I have a bit more faith that we will be able to get more control in that area as I don't think its Liverpool's strongest point. However we are still going to have to deal with the high press as Liverpool will put Evans, Soyuncu and the full backs under pressure. Maddison was coming too deep at Man City, for me that should Tielemans role to allow Maddison further up the pitch, I'd actually go with Praet instead of Tielemans for this one and go more 4231 rather than 4141.

• Like 1

Guest An Sionnach

If we put up a strong performance against Liverpool and lose its not the end of the world. They are now the world champions. It's the need to get back on track after three pretty average showings. If we do that we can take three points off West Ham and get right back in the groove.

Not sure why everyone is suggesting we drop our wingers. They were poor against Man City but Liverpools threat is their fullbacks and wingers. We can't leave Chilwell isolated against Trent AA and Salah, or Ricardo isolated against Robertson and Mane. We need our wingers on the pitch and to put in a defensive shift against Liverpools wide players. 

Guest seanfox778

I would actually consider Gray instead of Perez for this one, he seems to have a lot more energy about him recently and could be a decent outlet when we're under pressure. Some tough choices for Brendan on Boxing Day, hopefully it's a cracking game. 

Feel right up for this one. After a couple of so-so displays I think the players will be too. And the crowd.

Liverpool haven't really had to deal with much adversity yet - I think they can be got at - and I fancy us to do it.

Win this - and win it well - then who knows?

This could be a very special season!

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Needs to be col

someone has to get stuck in early on mane or Salah (like vards did on shakeys first game) ..... sets the tone .... do we have anyone apart from JV who could easily get sent off for making a strong challenge! 

Absolutely, get into em early doors

They’ve surely got to be a bit knackered by now. 
Show them we are well up for it right from the off and I can see us turning em over.

Got to see this in the context of playing West Ham two days later I think. 

BR has intimated he won’t play Vardy for both games; he’s more likely to leave him out against West Ham and personally I can see him giving Perez a chance to replace him up front in that game. 

Given that, I can see Perez then making way for either Gray or Albrighton against Liverpool. 

Otherwise I think it will be the same team. 

If Barnes isn’t playing that will complicate things, BR might look to push Maddison out to the left and bring in either Choudhury or Praet into the midfield.