Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox 4 Life

Liverpool (H) Boxing Day Pre Match Thread

Schmeichel

Ricardo Evans Soy Chilwell

Perez Maddison Ndidi Choudhury Albrighton

Vardy

Choudhury - just him playing will make Salah shit himself and be too scared to run with the ball

Albrighton - help with defending the wings and punting it to Vardy as that is what he is a footballer for.

Perez - don't want Gray to start

Edited by lgfualol

Wish we had had the chance of some warm weather training in the middle of December.

Having said that if we were to beat them I doubt we will get the credit. I can see the sub headlines now, they will be full of the "Liverpool lost as the Qatar trip took it's toll" rather than how good Leicester were. 

2 hours ago, ElusiveEd said:

Wish we had had the chance of some warm weather training in the middle of December.

Having said that if we were to beat them I doubt we will get the credit. I can see the sub headlines now, they will be full of the "Liverpool lost as the Qatar trip took it's toll" rather than how good Leicester were. 

If we beat them, I won’t give a toss about what the headlines say.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Foxin_Mad said:

We are not winning this. Man City were a class above and Liverpool are yet another different class again.

The only hope is if half the team are struck down by a tropical bug.

Chilwell was torn a new one several times by Mahrez, he should have smashed him in the first few minute to show him who is boss instead of backing off. 

We show these teams too much respect and try to play them at their own game. Sometimes when you are technically inferior you need to get into these teams, we dont anymore.

What?

5 minutes ago, Goober said:

What?

We need to get stuck into them more. Yesterday we tried to pass it out from the back slowly against Man City and the Etihad. It's not gonna happen, our squad is not assembled from billions.

When they had the ball we backed off and backed off until they scored. We were lucky to only lose 3-1 yesterday.

If we are going to win those games we have to work harder, we have to be tougher in the challenge and we need to be more direct. When you are technically inferior you have to win in other areas. 

Edited by Foxin_Mad
  • Like 3

*** IMPORTANT REMINDER ***

For those of you driving to the match ... remember for parking purposes, that Boxing Day is a normal weekday.   It is not Sunday restrictions.

Every year, the Leicester Traffic Wardens are out on Boxing Day trying to catch people out.   They are Christmas killjoy b'stards.   Let's make sure they are wasting their time this year.

(Luckily the 8pm KO means that most weekday 6pm restrictions won't be relevant, but don't park on double yellow lines.)

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Foxin_Mad said:

We need to get stuck into them more. Yesterday we tried to pass it out from the back slowly against Man City and the Etihad. It's not gonna happen, our squad is not assembled from billions.

When they had the ball we backed off and backed off until they scored. We were lucky to only lose 3-1 yesterday.

If we are going to win those games we have to work harder, we have to be tougher in the challenge and we need to be more direct.

Fair enough, initially read what you'd wrote as a contradiction.

2 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

If we are going to win those games we have to work harder, we have to be tougher in the challenge and we need to be more direct. When you are technically inferior you have to win in other areas. 

You are perfectly right. The problem is we don't have those type of players in our squad. I've said for quite a while now that we lack a physical presence. NDiddi does the work of two men every game but he can't be everywhere when your playing the top teams. Our two wide players and 2 midfielders delivered nothing to the battle yesterday. They need to toughen up as you can't win every game with neat and tidy football.

Which is why I'd bring in Hamza to play alongside Wilf and Praet in place of Tielemans. With Maddison floating in front of them. With Vardy and Kelechi or Gray up top. Grays pace would peg Roberson back somewhat. Kelechi at least will put a tackle in also.

If we can stop them somewhere around the half way line ( unlike yesterday ) then we can get on the Ball and who knows what might happen.

Kasper

Ricardo   Evans   Soyuncu   Chilwell

Praet  NDiddi  Hamza

Maddison

Gray or Kelechi         Vardy

• Like 2

Guest An Sionnach
44 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

You are perfectly right. The problem is we don't have those type of players in our squad. I've said for quite a while now that we lack a physical presence. NDiddi does the work of two men every game but he can't be everywhere when your playing the top teams. Our two wide players and 2 midfielders delivered nothing to the battle yesterday. They need to toughen up as you can't win every game with neat and tidy football.

Which is why I'd bring in Hamza to play alongside Wilf and Praet in place of Tielemans. With Maddison floating in front of them. With Vardy and Kelechi or Gray up top. Grays pace would peg Roberson back somewhat. Kelechi at least will put a tackle in also.

If we can stop them somewhere around the half way line ( unlike yesterday ) then we can get on the Ball and who knows what might happen.

Kasper

Ricardo   Evans   Soyuncu   Chilwell

Praet  NDiddi  Hamza

Maddison

Gray or Kelechi         Vardy

That's a much tougher looking midfield and would allow Pereira and Chilwell to attack on the flanks.

After last night I don't see the need for a knee jerk reaction, but we need characters on the field in what we should treat like a cup final with aggression. I think West Ham will be the chance to show more flair and I would save the likes of Perez and Gray for that one 2 days later. Assuming Barnes is out I would go: 

Kasper 

Ricardo    Evans      Soyuncu     Chilwell

Choudhury   Ndidi

Praet       Maddison    Albrighton 

Vardy

Subs: Ward, Morgan, Justin, Tielemans, Gray, Perez, Iheanacho. 

West Ham:

Kasper

Justin       Morgan        Soyuncu   Fuchs

Choudhury    

Gray      Perez   Tielemans  Albrighton                           Iheanacho 

Subs:  Ward, Chilwell, Evans, Ndidi, Praet, Maddison, Vardy

Edited by Gazza M

10 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

To the tune of "You're not singing anymore":

If we win I'll eat my shit

If we win I'll eat my shit

If we win,