Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox 4 Life

Liverpool (H) Boxing Day Pre Match Thread

11 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

That's an interesting point. I was told by a Liverpool fan who knows his football that Rogers was great at setting up his teams to play a certain way. But when the plan went array he wasn't very good at changing things to rescue the situation. This seems to be borne out by recent adverse results.

This is an area where Puel was excellent at rescuing results from the jaws of defeat. Where we excelled in the 2nd half of games and scored late to win or draw games.

Reading the game quicker and reacting sooner is an area BR needs to improve on. As your never going to impose yourself on teams continuously unless your at that level of Man City, Barca etc. 

Here's the proof Brendan Rodgers is not excelling in the second half of games; https://www.soccerstats.com/halftime.asp?league=england

Edited by turtmcfly
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, st albans fox said:

They don’t tend to play two on ones with their full backs..... mane and Salah come inside and leave the flanks to the full backs 

a diamond would leave our centre backs possibly left  2 v 2 with firmino and one of Salah/mane ..... cannot see that happening .......

I think they will have seen what Mahrez and de bruyne did to Chilwell leaving him outnumbered which lost us the game imo. A narrow diamond will force them out wide and the midfielder on that side and the full back could close that space. Then having two wide forwards could massively help us leaving us 2 vs 2 on the counter with space behind as their full backs are likely to bomb forward, which we could exploit. 

Guest An Sionnach
3 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Because it's only you that never makes mistakes. 

I make plenty , but thankfully there isn't a forum criticizing me. 

I know it’s a big ask but due to getting tomorrow off work at last minute due to a shift change managed to swap today  I don’t suppose anyone has a spare ticket going for tomorrow’s game ?
Other than that I get to watch it in full 4K amazon prime didn’t think I’d be watching due to work commitments ?

Edited by justfoxes

2 hours ago, shailen said:

I think they will have seen what Mahrez and de bruyne did to Chilwell leaving him outnumbered which lost us the game imo. A narrow diamond will force them out wide and the midfielder on that side and the full back could close that space. Then having two wide forwards could massively help us leaving us 2 vs 2 on the counter with space behind as their full backs are likely to bomb forward, which we could exploit. 

The diamond at villa allowed their full backs to get forward at will .....Rodgers judged that in an open game we would outscore them and he was right .... I cannot see him making that same judgement tomorrow 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The diamond at villa allowed their full backs to get forward at will .....Rodgers judged that in an open game we would outscore them and he was right .... I cannot see him making that same judgement tomorrow 

Yeah but having two forwards that can break at pace could be such a deadly weapon with Maddison on the counter. We should defend deep, invite the pressure and play the two forwards (Vardy and Nacho) in between each centre back and full back. If we catch the full backs out of position then it's almost certainly 2 vs 2 or their position will likely mean that their full backs won't get as forward as much so it limits their threat. 

I think just going at Liverpool is playing right into their hands. We need to set up a little more conservatively and look to play on the break, or it could be the same outcome as the weekend. 

6 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

He obviously corrects his mistakes but why does he keep making them in the first place?

I’d much rather have a manager who tries new things and makes mistakes here and there, than one who has no plan B and tries the same thing week in week out.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Not one that we've told you about anyway....

Why waste the energy or time on the negativity / pessimism.

23 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

I’d much rather have a manager who tries new things and makes mistakes here and there, than one who has no plan B and tries the same thing week in week out.

There is nothing worse than a stubborn manager.  And don't worry - we are going to win this.

Edited by trabuch

Guest An Sionnach
3 hours ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Well can we start one? I’ll go first, you spelt criticising wrong you muppet! 

Please feel free to correct my gramar and speling but if I posted in Gaelic you wouldn't understand me , but then that mite not be a bad idea.