Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox 4 Life

Liverpool (H) Boxing Day Pre Match Thread

Imo the only team thats matched them in the league this year is Man Utd. They played 3 at the back and their wingbacks helped nullify TAA/Robertson so their front 3 lacked support. Sheff Utd also played 3 at the back and were very unlucky to get 0 points.

3-5-2 is a good strategy against these lot, trouble is we don’t have a 3rd CB we can rely on. Fuchs is still a solid player but can he play CB? Maybe Justin could play RCB as he’s played as a CB for Luton, but he’s probably far too inexperienced for this type of game. 

So a 3 at the back formation is probably out the window... Desperately need a CB in January. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Shane said:

Imo the only team thats matched them in the league this year is Man Utd. They played 3 at the back and their wingbacks helped nullify TAA/Robertson so their front 3 lacked support. Sheff Utd also played 3 at the back and were very unlucky to get 0 points.

3-5-2 is a good strategy against these lot, trouble is we don’t have a 3rd CB we can rely on. Fuchs is still a solid player but can he play CB? Maybe Justin could play RCB as he’s played as a CB for Luton, but he’s probably far too inexperienced for this type of game. 

So a 3 at the back formation is probably out the window... Desperately need a CB in January. 

We look shaky when we go 3 at the back. We tried it against Burnley bringing Morgan on to close out the game leading 2-1 and Burnley dominated from that point and could have had a point if VAR didn't intervene. Same against Everton this week when Baines was allowed to shoot from distance with no pressure on the ball. 

2 hours ago, Shane said:

I thought man city played them of the park tbf, i know its the result that matters though

For the Liverpool game, going with the same system would be fine but I would like to see Hamza amongst the match day squad. We got overrun today in the midfield and he would have added some bite and steel in the middle and he's decent on the ball. He would have been an excellent option from the bench today and I think he'll be involved in some capacity against Liverpool. Hopefully he crunches Salah again :ph34r:

• Like 2

Kasper

JJ

Evans

Soyuncu

Chilwell

Ndidi

Praet

Madders

Ricardo

Vardy

Barnes (Albrighton if not fit)

Our wingers are all so average, just think Ricky playing further forward could give us something different... that being said it could be a risk leaving JJ up against Mane/Robertson but Ricky would obviously help.

Time for Youri to be dropped for a game or two, even in his short time on the pitch yesterday Praet looked better.

• Like 2

I just don't want to see Tielemans being rested, this is just how he plays, I think we were warned.

I think if Barnes is injured, there should be change.

Schmeichel

Justin Evans Soyuncu Chilwell

Ricardo Ndidi Tielemans Maddison

Iheanacho Vardy

Complete tinker, although Rodgers to react accordingly is the best bet. 

• Like 1