Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

West Ham Post Match Thread

Very proud watching that. Kept the ball much better than I expected us to. Don't think anyone let themselves down really but Evans, Justin, Mendy and Perez were particularly impressive, Gray took his goal very well and Albrighton looked a threat throughout though waned a bit in the second half. Good performance, great result.

Great result, I know West Ham were poor but they all put a shift in, Justin, Mendy, Choudhury & Gray brilliant, Perez ran and ran all the time he was on as did Iheanacho. Rodgers took a gamble and it worked, plus we had the luxury of bringing Maddison, Ndidi & Barnes on while resting key players.
Back on track for a European tour...

Up the City... :scarf:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Screenshot_20191228-191946_Twitter.thumb.jpg.6a7c620dbe17813d44fd222e82ca9985.jpg

Think these boys are owed a few apologies.

I’m a bit perplexed as to what the fuss was all about to be honest.

Don't get me wrong it was far from a brilliant performance and had our first team been out there tonight West Ham would probably of been out on the pitch picking their teeth up till midnight as they were shite, but what do you expect? 

We can’t put the same IX out every single week, if he’d written off the city or Liverpool game there’d of been up roar, if he’d written off the league cup there’d of been up roar. He planned the best time to make the changes, has delivered 3 points, job done. Have a bit of faith in the squad and manager.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 4

Just now, baldeagle said:

Evans is a Rolls Royce of a defender , he’s was strolling around with his slippers and cigar on 

He was brilliant today. Controlled everything, knew exactly where to be and when to step out. His footballing brain is on another level. Seemed very much like captain material - more so than Morgan next to him.

• Like 2

Credit where it's due, I thought Rodger's had been on the sauce when I saw that lineup, but he obviously new just how woeful West Ham are at the moment. They gave us in the freedom of the London Stadium for most of the game and, truth be told, we could have run out more comfortable winners but for a couple of aberrations. Not only have our 'second' string had a decent run out, he has given our first eleven a much needed break and, in a few cases, a bit of a pause for thought. As a squad we should be well up for the Newcastle game and, with another win, will further solidify I position in second place before pursuing our cup ambitions.    

For me, today showed a few things. 

1. We now have depth in our squad to become a sustained top 4-10 Premier League team for the next couple of years. Something that, had you offered it to me five years ago, I would have bitten your hand off for. Few good signings to replace/add cover the likes of Morgan, Kasper, Evans, Fuchs, Vardy and Albrighton and we can extend "couple" to "a few" years. 

2. We definitely have the nucleus of a "Leicester way" now – although it's probably more a Rodgers Way at the moment. We started slow today, partly because the 11 players on the pitch hadn't played that much together. But what helped us out was that they all knew the system and the methods they were expected to deploy and implement. Once they got in a flow, we looked good again. We were obviously helped by playing a team that is in a real relegation struggle (Hammers looked awful), but this is still the Premier League, where no game is a certainty. Look at Spurs at Norwich today for an example of that. 

3. The squad is in a great place mentally. We came off two heavy defeats – in games that were meant to show "where we are" as a club – with a second-string XI away from home and won. That takes a combination of confidence and a trust in your own abilities. No doubt another thing that Rodgers has helped with. 

A very important win in trying, challenging circumstances. A sign that we have a healthy squad spirit and some real depth in quality. 

• Like 1

I said pre kick off words would have been said after liverpool despite a great season.

even if their had been a extra day or two rodgers would have made multiple changes

sometimes you have to send a message, thursday was below part even against a brilliant side, yes its a poor west ham today and yes their tired but I was impressed with ther workrate today,could have won by three or four but for better finishing.

The lads who came in all responded, Gray and Kelchi were outstanding and Albrighton worked his socks off.

1 minute ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I’m a bit perplexed as to what the fuss was all about to be honest.

Don't get me wrong it was far from a brilliant performance and had our first team been out there tonight West Ham would probably of been out on the pitch picking their teeth up till midnight as they were shite, but what do you expect? 

We can’t put the same IX out every single week, if he’d written off the city or Liverpool game there’d of been up roar, if he’d written off the league cup there’d of been up roar. He planned the best time to make the changes, has delivered 3 points, job done. Have a bit of faith in the squad and manager.

Doubt it. Fresh legs for us made a huge difference tonight. Looked far sharper and snappier than them across the pitch

• Like 2

Tremendous performance, Justin, Hamza and Mendy all outstanding, Nacho did a cracking job up top holding the ball up and bringing others into play, felt gray had a good game and always looked positive with the ball, Perez was hit and miss but both assists were top class, as has been said on here already Johnny Evans is just different class, to think we got him for only 3 mill is absolute criminal