Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

West Ham Post Match Thread

Whoops Beer Goggles saying were 4 points ahead Of Manc City to finish this year 🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺 Only to realise they’re playing tomorrow or is it a bit of forward thinking and they’ll lose again ????? Good old Beer goggles where would we be without them ?😱🦊💙

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, iniesta said:

Great win for us. It is a squad game after all. 

Nothing to be ashamed of losing to man City and Liverpool. 

I really worry for some on here. Embarrassing, petulant and possibly unwell. 

Nice post and I like the sentiment…. However, not turning up against against Man City and Liverpool is not something we should feel proud of…. This team has the capability to compete with the very best…

• Like 3

Guest An Sionnach

Mendy is now and always has been far too good to not play football, his agent should get him a new club in January where he can get in the starting lineup.

One of our most important wins of the season, no question.

Rodgers deserves great credit for his selection, and several of the B team rose to the occasion (Choudhury, Justin, Mendy particularly)

But how good was Jonny Evans? Man of the match by a landslide. What a player he is.

• Like 3

Nacho is a new player.

His effort was fantastic, and even when we stopped pressing in midfield last 10-15 mins, he carried on pressing alone, and that made him my MOTM, loved it when he made their goalie boot it out of play.

Also think Gray took his goal well, like I was watching Vardy.

Wes almost did a world class goal with his flick.

Albrighton and Fuchs were both a breath of fresh air, performing well.

Maddison and Barnes when came on, no pressing from either, they both need their attitude sorting out if that's of their own doing, we looked a worser team after they came on.  Barnes didnt help Justin in a bit of defending when he was a few feet away, didnt like that at all.  Mahrez got lots of stick for his defensive attitude, and Barnes makes Mahrez look like a defensive god right now.

Perez was invisible a lot, but did get two assists so overall good game.

I was concerned but we got the result, fantastic day.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well weren't the majority of you absolutely pathetic before kick-off? 

Pleasing result, glad the fringe players got a chance to show what they can do. Particularly happy for Demarai, I know his attitude isn't the best but I think he's been impressive in his cameos of late and probably deserves a run in the team over Barnes. 

I quite like Mendy as a player, he's surplus to requirements so hopefully he gets a good move. 

I think Iheanacho isn't good enough to be Vardy's long-term replacement, his technique just isn't good enough, but he's working hard and in the goals and that's a massive boon. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chrysalis said:

Nacho is a new player.

His effort was fantastic, and even when we stopped pressing in last 10-15 mins, he carried on pressing alone, and that made him my MOTM, loved it when he made their goalie boot it out of play.

Maddison and Barnes when came on, no pressing from either, they both need their attitude sorting out if that's of their own doing, we looked a worser team after they came on.  Barnes didnt help Justin in a bit of defending when he was a few feet away, didnt like that at all.  Mahrez got lots of stick for his defensive attitude, and Barnes makes Mahrez look like a defensive god right now.

Actually thought maddison looked dangerous when he came on

• Like 1

Just now, Chrysalis said:

Nacho is a new player.

His effort was fantastic, and even when we stopped pressing in last 10-15 mins, he carried on pressing alone, and that made him my MOTM, loved it when he made their goalie boot it out of play.

I only disagree with one of these points and that is about Fuchs, I think he was quite poor, needlessly sliding in and missing the ball too many times leaving us vulnerable. 

Otherwise I agree. 

• Like 4

Goalscorers:  .Nacho. Gray.  Start of a Beautiful relationship..No mean shit!! Even Vardy/Mährez missed penalties...

I suppose some of us were hoping to See our Score sheet,Show this. 1-2 seasons ago...

With the Vardy story entwined with Marez/Knockhardt/Evans/Morgan careers, Maybe we should learn Not to Rush things...

Easy easy Approach seems more prudent.!!

Great evening's work.  Three points, stopping the rot before it starts, Spurs drop points and the first team have their feet up for a change.  Just need Burnley to do a number on United now.

One question though:  How do we rest the machine that is Jonny Evans?  Interesting that Rodgers will rest the whole first team bar the keeper but draws the line at resting Evans.  I think his experience and leadership at the back is indispensible.

• Like 2

Just now, Bryn said:

Well weren't the majority of you absolutely pathetic before kick-off? 

Pleasing result, glad the fringe players got a chance to show what they can do. Particularly happy for Demarai, I know his attitude isn't the best but I think he's been impressive in his cameos of late and probably deserves a run in the team over Barnes. 

I quite like Mendy as a player, he's surplus to requirements so hopefully he gets a good move. 

I think Iheanacho isn't good enough to be Vardy's long-term replacement, his technique just isn't good enough, but he's working hard and in the goals and that's a massive boon. 

Nacho still has a dodgy first touch but its not as bad as it used to be, however he is at least putting in effort now and playing like he wants to for the team.  This effort is what bagged him a couple of recent goals.  A year ago he wouldnt have bothered to be in that position to head that ball in.

3 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Nice post and I like the sentiment…. However, not turning up against against Man City and Liverpool is not something we should feel proud of…. This team has the capability to compete with the very best…

No it doesn't , but it does have the ability to try harder.

We would have needed 13 or 14 players on the pitch to compete with Liverpool.

But hey, We're a young squad improving all the time. We just need a few quality additions to move into the top 4 consistently.

1 minute ago, Clever Fox said:

No it doesn't , but it does have the ability to try harder.

We would have needed 13 or 14 players on the pitch to compete with Liverpool.

But hey, We're a young squad improving all the time. We just need a few quality additions to move into the top 4 consistently.

CP showed how you play against those teams.   Wolves do the same.......it's about tactics

• Like 2