Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

West Ham Post Match Thread

Pleased for Felipe Anderson with a quality assist tonight, but who has been a real disappointment for the Hammers this season and nothing like the player that we tried to sign and showed so much potential in his first year at the club.

As has been pointed out, West Ham really were diabolical for much of the game but the opportunity to rotate was both prudently timed and I would think massively beneficial for our campaign going forward. 

Would have liked to have seen Hamza alongside Wilf against Man City and Liverpool - particularly in the case of the former. Liverpool were unstoppable though on Thursday night and doubtless Brendan would have been pilloried on here for starting two DMs at home. 

Edited by Line-X
Another sentence.

12pts clear of 5th place Spurs with a better goal difference. Far too much hysteria on here about the team selection. The manager sees the players day in and day out and yes was concerned when i saw the team but there is probably a reason BR earns more than most of us in a season than we will earn in a lifetime. All things considered as comfortable a win as we have ever had at West Ham. As for West Ham the Dildo brothers need to use some of their products to shack up their players. Couple of their players looked bigger than GTF

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

He did in a couple of moments, but he needs to recognise he has defensive duties also.

Agree but maybe with Hamza and Wilf behind him he knew he could be a bit more advanced, overall though the pressing from the whole team was pretty good 

14 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Nice post and I like the sentiment…. However, not turning up against against Man City and Liverpool is not something we should feel proud of…. This team has the capability to compete with the very best…

Not beating 2 of the best teams in Europe? Squads and manager in place for 3+ years. Millions spent on the world's best talent. 

Us, a manger here for less than a year. Buying talent on potential and balancing the books in accordance to FFP. 

Some of you need to give your heads a wobble. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

Team for Newcastle

Kasper

Ricardo

Evans

Soyuncu

Chilwell

Ndidi

Tielemens

Gray

Maddison

Perez

Vardy

My line up

Kasper

Justin Evans Soyuncu Chilwell

Ndidi

Ricardo Maddison Praet Gray

Vardy

Barnes and Tielemans definitely both need a break.

Edited by Chrysalis

5 minutes ago, OadbyBlue said:

https://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=176674&start=500 They’re delighted with the current state of their team:D tbf I don’t blame them, moving from such a traditional stadium to a shit bowl with a shit view

No sympathy for the club. The fans maybe. But then there’s too many London based clubs in the top tier. So **** em. 

18 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I’m a bit perplexed as to what the fuss was all about to be honest.

Don't get me wrong it was far from a brilliant performance and had our first team been out there tonight West Ham would probably of been out on the pitch picking their teeth up till midnight as they were shite, but what do you expect? 

We can’t put the same IX out every single week, if he’d written off the city or Liverpool game there’d of been up roar, if he’d written off the league cup there’d of been up roar. He planned the best time to make the changes, has delivered 3 points, job done. Have a bit of faith in the squad and manager.

No!!..some Posters have to learn und be told Not to be always boring negative prats!!!

Its The same heavy every week..Yes they can ,Fall in their right to an opinion( I will Jump in their trench & defend them!!! ). But then again,in the same context,

I and others can Fire back und Shout out our opinions, on others Too regular  the OTT critic & negativity,with no ounce of reason or foundation!!!...

File under ‘got away with it’. Would have been criminal had we not beaten that West Ham side.

I was sceptical about the number of changes pre-match (expected there would be some but not 9) but, for a bit of perspective, winning doesn’t make naming that side any more the right the decision than, say, playing your strongest side in another fixture and losing being the wrong decision. So those who criticised the line up before or during were entitled to do so.

Sometimes you take a risk, get away with something that on another day doesn’t pay off and we’re all really pleased the XI that played delivered and got a win that was vital for us psychologically. Brendan’s gamble paid off!

5 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I thought Perez was great, the stick he gets on here is baffling to me.  He's a real quality footballer.  He's not had a stellar half season of course but I think if you watch him play and don't just trot out "hE's LiGhTwEIghT" you can see the quality.  With a little more look he could have had double digit assists this season.  Hopefully he'll kick on second half of the season.  Great result today.  X

Im a fan of him but i can see why some get frustrated with him at times, he can play a blinder of a game, be a bit hit and miss (as i felt he was a little today however his assists were top class) or he can be completely useless like he was against man city, we just never know what version is gonna turn up 

Great performance all things considered! Feared the worst with that lineup but shows the strength of our coaching that the B team can come in and play the high intensity game. Also impressive that despite an early missed penalty and conceding bang on half time we still won comfortably and didn’t need our subs to bail us out. Based on that performance I think Rodgers should rotate some players more often as the freshness makes a difference and several deputies impressed.

West Ham were awful throughout mind. They are in big trouble and I’m not sure a managerial change will sort it out 

• Like 1

Alright lads, now let's see a six game winning streak. I am thinking wen can pick up roughly 39 more points even if we lose all our toughest remaining games  @ Wolves, Man City, @ Everton, @Arsenal, @Spurs (some will argue Chelsea and Man U at home should be on the list, though I think those are games where we should be solid favorites @ the KP). Not at all sure Man City can keep up that pace, we may have a real shot at 2nd. 

More importantly, 80 points gets us CL in every single season in Prem history, even the diabolical 2013-2014 season where 4th place Arsenal had a record high 79 points. We'd also have a shot at eclipsing our league winning total of 81 points. We just have to win the games we SHOULD win. 

Great win from our fringe players handling this win! Some thoughts:

- I really wish Albrighton would work more on picking up players making runs up near the top of the box, his delivery is often excellent but more variety of placement would make his deliveries much, much more effective IMO. That really feels like something we overlook, Tielemans and Maddison making runs at the top of the box, Vardy often has the attn of the CBs, which leaves space at the top of the box for well-timed runs. I see that space time and time again, not sure why we don't target it more, especially when Albrighton is delivering the ball.- bit surprised to see Soyuncu sitting with Evans on the field, having two slower CBs definitely impacts our attack.

- Justin looks very good, a terrific option with possibly both of our FBs looking to leave.

- I was pleased to see Gray keep his head up after his PK miss, he has a historical tendency of moping a bit, but he stayed positive and really bolstered the attack in the 2H.

- Commentators were talking about Perez not having an impact -- that is like saying Vardy doesn't have an impact on games bc he doesn't touch the ball much. If he is assisting with goals, he is making an impact on the game you twits.

- Great to see Hamza with some real skill on the ball, hopefully he is practicing getting the ball fwd quickly in practice as well, we may find ourselves at some point with 3 MFs with attacking chops on the pitch.

- We are at a dangerous point with Barnes IMO. We need to get him some goals, I have to think he is really beginning to doubt himself. With Wigan, Southampton, and Villa coming to town soon, I hope we try to get him and Perez a bit of confidence, even if it is at the expense of Vardy scoring. We really need our wings to be more of a threat, and they both appear perilously low in confidence. 

- Speaking of which, wing is a position we could definitely do with an upgrade at this transfer window or next. We need goal-scorers on both sides of Vardy for this team to take the next step forward. This is a position worth investing in again. Two wings who could go 10/5 for us would make us exceedingly dangerous in the Prem as well as the CL. If we make the CL, the priority next season still needs to be the Prem, stacking two CL appearances back-to-back would legitimize Leicester in a way that we have never seen, especially with recruiting. 

- Another area we might look to upgrade is probably our corner kicks. Watching Burnley right now, they are simply on another level when it comes to corners. Perhaps a wing who could provide that level of delivery would be terrific.

Overall, an outstanding game today.  West Ham has to hate the fact that we showed up with a cup side at their place and they couldn't handle us. 

• Like 4

Maybe now we can stop some of the nonsense about the state of things after playing two of the best teams seen in the EPL in recent years. We are second, twelve points ahead of fifth!

Look at Perez and Iheanacho. Quality players who have had some stick, some deserved but today proved themselves. 
let’s have a bit more faith and remember where we were only a few seasons ago.

• Like 1