Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

'Guiding lights' – Leicester City to enter contract talks with title-winning duo

13 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Very interesting. I wouldn't be opposed to Morgan as the 5th choice centreback next season, and definitely would take Fuchs as 2nd choice again next season. He can be an auxiliary centreback in a back three as well.

Justin’s versatility doesn’t make another LB a short term priority either. I did think the other day losing King, Morgan and Fuchs for good would be a blow to the team spirit and leadership amongst the squad 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Justin’s versatility doesn’t make another LB a short term priority either. I did think the other day losing King, Morgan and Fuchs for good would be a blow to the team spirit and leadership amongst the squad 

Yeah, if we kept both our defensive depth would look like

Chilwell Fuchs *J.J

Ricardo J.J

Soyuncu Evans New CB Benkovic Morgan *Fuchs

Looks good to me.

I know Fuchs already has plans to move to America with his family when he retires which is fair enough, but sad for us. I hope Morgan starts doing his coaching badges and stays on at the club after he retires.

I also thought Huth was doing some off-the-field training, would love to see him involved some way too.

• Thanks 1

As bit part players and what they give us in team spirit and experience, they are hugely important still. I'd loathe to lose that whilst things are going so well for us. A year ago I'd not have been too fussed as it seemed we needed a huge rebuild but what Rodgers is doing seems to have brought every ounce of experience, passionnand desire out of the legends at this club. 

• Thanks 1

Keep them both... I can't help feeling our confidence in taking 2nd place so far this season and not wobbling over games in games we should win but don't (I.e Watford,Everton,Newcastle), is because we have players in the squad who have been there and done it against all the odds. Must instill a huge belief that anything is possible.

The word legend is used far too often but both of those are Leicester legends.

3 hours ago, Bryn said:

Hell of a signing, Fuchs, by the way. Wasn't he a free? 

Yes he was: as you say, hell of a signing. One of Pearson's last signings, along with Okazaki, although Big Nigel had gone by the time they both arrived.

• Like 1

I think if Morgan stays another year he has to move into a coaching role alongside it.

Fuchs is an interesting one, he's been going to the US for the last two years lol entire family over there, business etc... perhaps it's time he did that and we gave him an amazing send off? 

3 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

Morgan will make a great long ball coach

maybe so, but we do need the occasional ball booting as far down the pitch as possible or the occasional big lump #9 muscled out of it lol

I like Wes. His football qualities are often, in my opinion, under valued and he definately has something about him in terms of presence and leadership which is hard to define and certainly lacking in many people who believe they have those qualities. 

Any 'project' based on certain values needs immovable objects that embody those values. Commitment, humility, team etc etc

Edited by Jacnah
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Morgan is a great option.  Not past sell by yet, but obvs not a first choice any more.

Fuchs, the same, but a bit more likely to play, BUT Big Wes is a leader.  You dont have to be on the pitch to be a leader.

Edited by filthyfox