Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brucey

Southampton (H) pre-match thread

They'll have all the motivation in the world, are in good form, have a striker scoring goals, did a job on us this time last year, they've had the week off and we've been poor at home for a while so everything points at getting a few quid on at 5/1.

But we should still be good enough, get back to basics with 4-1-4-1 with Hamza in for Ndidi and start quick. 

Genuinely tempted to drop Chilwell for a game.

Schmeichel

Ricardo

Soyuncu

Evans

Fuchs

Hamza

Youri

Madders

Gray

Vardy (Kelechi if not fit for another 90)

Barnes

Subs: Ward, JJ, Chilwell, Praet, Ayoze, Albrighton, Kelechi 

2-1 win. (Vardy and Madders)

• Like 2

I would make changes for this lot its worked in previous weeks so why not again.

If they play like they did at Villa Park a few weeks back they are a serious danger, so two tought tackling players in the middle might be in order

Kasper

Ricardo   Evans Soyuncu  Chilwell

Albrighton  Hamza  Youri  Gray

Barnes Kelechi     

Keeping Chilwell in only because Fuchs cant play two games in three or four days against a hard pressing team, concerned how weary Maddison looked at the end there so giving him a rest  , see if Barnes can find some form against a team he played well against earlier in the season.

Vardy and his wife have had  their baby arrive and I might be willing to give him another rest to have him sharper later in the season, a big risk but might pay off with a full weeks training next week.

One or two players look like they have given a huge amount first half of the season so legs will be have to be managed in coming weeks.

Edited by twister

One of the most frustrating home games in recent years was against these last season. I just hope we can find a home performance and win from somewhere as although we are still in good nick, the danger signs of our home form has been flagging for over a month now.

• Like 1

This will be difficult but I think we'll come out on top. Ings is in good form so will have to be watched carefully. 

Think we should go back to 4 3 3 with Choudhury playing behind Maddison and Tielemans. 

Perhaps Barnes, Vardy and Pèrez as the front 3.

• Like 1

Southampton are on a good run of form, this game will be difficult. However i'd still like to see us drop some of the underperforming first team players. We have squad players that are in good form so why not use them... 

Schmeichel

Evans, Soyuncu, Fuchs

Ricardo, Mendy, Choudhury, Justin

Barnes

Vardy, Iheanacho

Tempting to switch back to 4-1-4-1 but imo we need to get Kelechi in the starting line up, he's in great form right now. Gray & Perez probably unlucky to miss out, but Barnes directness from a central position could be interesting.

Ricardo and Justin could swap flanks mid game to switch things up. Mendy/Choudhury central partnership on paper doesn't sound very ambitious.. But Mendy never lets us down and lets be honest Tielemans/Maddison aren't really doing much.

I think you know Leicester have touched you when you can beat a side 0-9 away from home and still have no confidence in the home game lol 

I think we've been leggy at home for a while and they're actually not bad at all on the road. Another frustrating 1-1 I fear.