Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Burnley (A) pre match

I'm quite glad that we've actually got a bit of a break before a game for once (although it's the first and last time for a while) because we just look shot to bits in every way, confidence, fitness, it's all missing.

Burnley have been poor all season. We've got to win it to be honest.

• Like 1

Hope we go 352 for burnley, its been 2 wins and one draw with that against villa, Newcastle, west ham. Chilwell and Barnes both need some bench time.

kasper

soyuncu evans fuchs/benkovic

ricardo teilemans madison hamza albrighton

vardy kelechi/perez

and a little more fight and energy than we had today. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jonthefox said:

I'm going to get shot down here, but why are people calling for Chilwell to be dropped. Before you say, yes, i was at the game today, but surely there's never been a better chance for him to put it right. 

I don't want to drop him as such, just give the guy a rest because he's clearly struggling for one reason or another. He's a great player, it's just been a struggle lately. 

2 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Even with their form, it's not a game I'm looking forward too. Got Barnes winning a penalty off Soyuncu allover it. 

3 at the back didn't work against Villa but I think he might be tempted again, without Ndidi we need to protect the defence and he may feel he needs 3. Needs to be Benkovic rather than Fuchs though. With Fuchs at wing back, hope Chilwell regains some form but he needs a spell out the side. Would play Tielemans instead of Maddison too, and Iheanacho and Vardy together. 

Penalty?  You think Burnley will get a penalty?  We've already exceeded our ration for the season - we had a penalty against Watford.  That fulfills our annual one-a-year quota.

Barnes is probably injured, so you dodged a bullet there.;)

1 hour ago, jonthefox said:

I'm going to get shot down here, but why are people calling for Chilwell to be dropped. Before you say, yes, i was at the game today, but surely there's never been a better chance for him to put it right. 

He had a chance to put right today his shocking performance against Villa....

• Like 3

Although we still have the luxury of the comfortable cushion we earned in the first half of the season, if we are  to qualify for the CL we will need to scrap. A drop in form can hit any team at any time but insufficient effort and desire cannot be tolerated. Any player not giving their all needs to be dropped regardless of how talented they are. It will be interesting to see who is prepared to stand up and be counted now the going is getting tough. Mark Albrighton is just the kind of player who could have a galvanizing effect against a team like Burnley.

• Like 2

Just now, SixtiesFox said:

Although we still have the luxury of the comfortable cushion we earned in the first half of the season, if we are  to qualify for the CL we will need to scrap. A drop in form can hit any team at any time but insufficient effort and desire cannot be tolerated. Any player not giving their all needs to be dropped regardless of how talented they are. It will be interesting to see who is prepared to stand up and be counted now the going is getting tough. Mark Albrighton is just the kind of player who could have a galvanizing effect against a team like Burnley.

Albrighton would have made a significant difference today with his energy levels and work rate. 

2 hours ago, jonthefox said:

I think Tielemans showed why dropping players can help. His game looked a lot sharper coming on. A bit of time out can give him a rest and reset and some extra hunger.

• Like 2

Probably give another predicted team nearer the game when we know who is fit and available, but here is my knee jerk reaction team. 

Kasper

Ricardo     Soyuncu     Evans    Justin

Mendy

Choudhury        Tielemans 

Maddison 

Iheanacho               Vardy

Subs: Ward, Chilwell, Benkovic, Praet, Albrighton, Gray,  Perez. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mark said:

I can see the dreaded diamond returning due to Choudhury struggling today and no wingers being worthy of starting anymore.

I’d say that’s very harsh on Albrighton who is the only one who hasn’t really had a run of games. And I’d say he’s arguably our best winger. 

4 hours ago, jonthefox said:

He's been absolutely ****ing dog shit in the last few games. To play in this you've got to play well. We can't just reward games just because