Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
M0901

Marc Albrighton

8 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

That was his 28th PL assist for LCFC. Apparently the 3rd highest. Anyone know whose higher than him? 

I think Vardy is and my other guess would be Mahrez or Izzet.

(Edit: It's Guppy).

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/players/goal_assist?se=-1&cl=26

1. Steve Guppy t13.pngLeicester City
 England
1. Jamie Vardy t13.pngLeicester City
 England
3. Marc Albrighton t13.pngLeicester City
 England

Edited by Fox92
Added the link and list
  • Like 1

I thought he got better as the game went on. You can never fault his work rate and even if he's having a stinker you know he's reliably going to produce a moment or two of real quality at some point. I don't think he should be starting all that regularly but there is a part of me that loves how he keeps forcing his way back in, as he has under every manager

42 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

In all seriousness, they’re all ahead of Mahrez? He managed 11 in the title winning season. I’d have guessed he’d have been around the 40 mark?

Same with Izzet in 03-04. I was surprised how low Izzet's were overall.

Izzet and Mahrez actually got a decent chunk of their assists in one season.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Same with Izzet in 03-04. I was surprised how low Izzet's were overall.

Izzet and Mahrez actually got a decent chunk of their assists in one season.

Amazing to think 03-04 ended in relegation and Izzet got the most assists in the division that season.

We have to go easy on ol Marc. He’s clocked a lotta mileage on his clock but he still puts a graft in. We all want him to be the albrighton of 2015/16 where he was pinging laser guided crosses into the box for Vardy but he’s a second or two slower nowadays and it shows.

still he gets the odd ones in and it’s great. Just need our attackers to capitalize on them.

I was watching the game and I came on the forum  at halftime  to have a look at what people we’re saying .Never again.I know football is about opinions but the rubbish that people come out here with is astounding.I really hope none of the players ever come on here to  have a look .Embarrassing

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Earle said:

Showing my usual sound judgment, I was all for hooking him at around 55!

Me too. He was trying, but failing with nearly every final ball/pass to release a runner. You could hear him getting frustrated with himself too, screaming when it went wrong.

But I guess the good thing about players like Marc is they never stop trying, and so there's always a chance they will deliver.