Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
M0901

Marc Albrighton

4 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I think it's awesome that he was the player that gout our first ever Champions League goal, he deserves a place in our history books!

Not to mention the winner against Sevilla to take us to the Quarter Finals.

Bloody love Marc.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

The last few seasons I've questioned the point of Albrighton but on the whole he has been exceptional for us this season and fits perfectly in to this system that we feel we need to use best in an unusual season. Think its his best season since 2015/16, including his  Champions League exploits. Ideal scenario is he starts games and then Ünder comes on with 20-25 mins to go and twists the sword and we try and improve our goal difference significantly. 

How can anyone not live the guy. He may not be the flashiest player in the globe but he gives his all every game. One of the best crosses of the ball in the PL.  Never has a bad game. The sort of player ever club and manager wants in their squad. 

• Thanks 2

On 10/01/2021 at 02:49, Hack said:

How can anyone not live the guy. He may not be the flashiest player in the globe but he gives his all every game. One of the best crosses of the ball in the PL.  Never has a bad game. The sort of player ever club and manager wants in their squad. 

Nice to see him getting the credit he deserves . How anybody can knock him defies belief    It is noticeable in most of our worst displays  Newport being the huge exception  he was conspicious by his abscence

• Thanks 1

Stringer asked BR about albrighton in the post interview at 35:30 of this clip https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0947tbt

I thought his answer was quite telling especially inderctly regarding Under:

"Marc's a great example to every winger at this club that talent alone is not enough, you have to be able to run and work you can't carry anyone in this team." 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Stringer asked BR about albrighton in the post interview at 35:30 of this clip https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0947tbt

I thought his answer was quite telling especially inderctly regarding Under:

"Marc's a great example to every winger at this club that talent alone is not enough, you have to be able to run and work you can't carry anyone in this team." 

Could be referring to Gray?

• Like 4

The unseen work he does to press is just outstanding.

As soon as we lose the ball he's straight back into a back five running back the length of the pitch, then as soon as the shape is made and any counter threat negated, seconds later he's back up past the half way line as part of the forward press - its thankless but such an unspoken reason of our current success. It's no wonder he looks knackered second half and people make daft comments about his fitness and pace.

• Like 3

Has been excellent recently. The work rate is never in question, but his quality on the ball has been much improved, probably his best since the title winning season.

I still think it's the most obvious place we can upgrade the starting xi (although we've found that hard so far) but the fact he keeps forcing his way back in speaks volumes about him as a character.

• Like 3

He always seems better when he gets a run of games, last season he was in and out and had little chance to get any rhythm. 

when he got the chance through injuries and had a run of 2-3 games he got that back and for me he’s integral to how well we are doing currently. 

Mr 100 % That's what he is. No matter how good or bad he plays he always give 100 %. And that's all you can ask from any player.

I felt so sorry for him when he made that breakthrough run 2nd half Similar to Harvey's but didn't have the legs to get him to Goal where he mostly likely would have scored. All he could do was check up and try and find Vardy. I just love him. What a free signing.

• Like 1