Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
M0901

Marc Albrighton

I thought he had an injection of pace yesterday, on rewatching it i realised it was against Matty Longstaff - being burned by Marc and then his attempted tracking back for our first goal - never seen a slower football player that wasn't a CB - incredible he made it pro being that slow

16 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Not every player in a good team has to be a superstar. It's all about balance and chemistry [...]  But he does bring the best out of others, which is a really important, if not always appreciated, attribute. He's our James Milner.

Yes. He is our James Milner and completely in a good way - he binds the team together in some way.

He can appear clumsy and he also gives me a panic attack every-time he defends in the box against a quick forward but... 

.... nevertheless he:
 1. gives 111% every game

2. is massively versatile
 3. has got a phenomenal pass on him (the pass for Youri yest was a beaut)
 4. cannily wins corners (not that we are making the most of them at the moment); and most importantly
 5. we just appear more solid defensively whenever he is in the team.  

It's an interesting debate whether he still fits in our first 11 when Ricardo gets back to full fitness (as I'd imagine it'll be Barnes or him who'll need to make space)?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, zealot said:

Yes. He is our James Milner and completely in a good way - he binds the team together in some way.

He can appear clumsy and he also gives me a panic attack every-time he defends in the box against a quick forward but... 

.... nevertheless he:
 1. gives 111% every game

2. is massively versatile
 3. has got a phenomenal pass on him (the pass for Youri yest was a beaut)
 4. cannily wins corners (not that we are making the most of them at the moment); and most importantly
 5. we just appear more solid defensively whenever he is in the team.  

It's an interesting debate whether he still fits in our first 11 when Ricardo gets back to full fitness (as I'd imagine it'll be Barnes or him who'll need to make space)?

..why Barnes....!!!

4 minutes ago, Sampson said:

I would imagine it would be Justin who makes way.

Why would we play Ricardo out of position?

Every other position is pretty much nailed down in my book: Vardy; Madds; Youri; Ndidi: Castagne; Evans; the Foff/Soyuncu; JJ; Kasper

True JJ is prob most likely to make way but assuming he stays in that leaves Barnes or Albrighton

I think there's an option where JJ keeps his spot and Ricardo plays right-midfield. Do you not think BR may take a look at that?

24 minutes ago, zealot said:

Every other position is pretty much nailed down in my book: Vardy; Madds; Youri; Ndidi: Castagne; Evans; the Foff/Soyuncu; JJ; Kasper

True JJ is prob most likely to make way but assuming he stays in that leaves Barnes or Albrighton

I think there's an option where JJ keeps his spot and Ricardo plays right-midfield. Do you not think BR may take a look at that?

He may take a look at it but I'd be very surprised if he keeps that option long term.

Ricardo is a full-back no doubt, he's played right midfield several times before and never been quite as good and it'd be silly to stifle one of our best players just to fudge him in the team.

Justin definitely makes way once Ricardo is at full fitness for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..why Barnes....!!!

Hello sacreblueits442 because Albrighton, Barnes (and yes prob JJ too I guess) are the three who are non-definites on the team sheet.

Don't get me wrong I think Barnes is an amazing prospect. He's getting better every season and he's become more clinical in front of goal this year. Especially against defences who are poor I'd play him but I think he's still a little lightweight, particularly against the smartest defences in the league, so he doesn't always automatically get in the team in my view.

Edited by zealot
sp.

I thought he had a bit of a stinker first half, to be honest.

Credit where it's due, though, he pulled it out the bag second.

I'd still like to see Under in games against lower opposition. At the same time I'd start Albrighton against better teams.

• Like 1

The low cross ball for Tielemans is exactly what I like. Sometimes he frustrates me because he crosses too much and we lose possession. He is not technically gifted enough or savvy enough or quick enough to beat players so he has a tendency to cross from stupid positions. Thats why he is a decent squad player to have but not a guaranteed first teamer. I want a bit more from someone in his position. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Nah no way, so many players ahead of him, and to be fair those players are very good, e.g. Sancho, etc.

Hodgson should have given him a call up in 2016. He probably isn't quite international level, but given Drinwkater got a cap, it was harsh on Albrighton who was great that season.

But he's having the Vardy effect in that he's getting better with age. His attitude is also first class, and it's not that surprising he's a Premier League winner really. Perhaps his talent isn't as good as others, but he's got that Milner effect in terms of his professionalism and attitude.

I think it's awesome that he was the player that gout our first ever Champions League goal, he deserves a place in our history books!

Marc and Simo should’ve got the call from Roy

• Like 1

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

Nah no way, so many players ahead of him, and to be fair those players are very good, e.g. Sancho, etc.

Hodgson should have given him a call up in 2016. He probably isn't quite international level, but given Drinwkater got a cap, it was harsh on Albrighton who was great that season.

But he's having the Vardy effect in that he's getting better with age. His attitude is also first class, and it's not that surprising he's a Premier League winner really. Perhaps his talent isn't as good as others, but he's got that Milner effect in terms of his professionalism and attitude.

I think it's awesome that he was the player that gout our first ever Champions League goal, he deserves a place in our history books!

I don’t really follow European football anymore, but hasn’t sancho been more miss than hit this season? I know his figured were immense last season. You’d like to think if it’s picked in form he has to be a consideration. Not suggesting he walks in the squad but he’s really firing snd it’s beautiful to see. 

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I've been really impressed with him of late. He's evovled his game so that he's no longer one dimensional. He cuts back in more often now and his final ball / decision making is much more impressive. His goal today was also very good! I hope to see more of that from his game, because he's capable of it.

His position is for sure the one that would be the obvious one to upgrade in our team, and Under could be that player. But he's in the team on merit and really playing well. For me he deserves another contract, even if he's more of a squad player. I really like him as a person and a player, and I'm delighted he signed for us!

I love him to bits as he seems a very methodical pro. 

He seems the sort who goes to the manager and asks what he needs to do to get in the team ...and then goes away and trains like crazy til he's addressed the weakness.

He's added a (previously  unseen) diverse first touch to his game this season. I mean by that, when receiving  he'll alternate.waiting (with a feint to.come)/ come towards ball / flick/ first time.pass / back or forward with ball at feet