Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
M0901

Marc Albrighton

45 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

Good squad player for us, and showed it last night. I’d imagine he’ll be here until his contract expires at the end of next season, and I definitely don’t mind that - you need players like him in any squad.

I would honestly hope he stays on beyond that. He seems a very popular and good professional. His versatility is a great asset if we're regularly featuring in Europe as well.

• Like 2

You need players who might get 15 starts in all competitions,  maybe the same amount in sub appearances and kmow how we play and can be relied upon. Marc fits into that category and that makes him a very valuable squad member. We’d be foolish  to not keep him for as long as we can

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, MPH said:

You need players who might get 15 starts in all competitions,  maybe the same amount in sub appearances and kmow how we play and can be relied upon. Marc fits into that category and that makes him a very valuable squad member. We’d be foolish  to not keep him for as long as we can

Good point. Also players who know that they are part of the squad but perhaps not in the running for regular starting 11 slots. The fact that people like him accept this and still put the shift in that we see points to squad harmony. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Devonfox1884 said:

Good squad player for us, and showed it last night. I’d imagine he’ll be here until his contract expires at the end of next season, and I definitely don’t mind that - you need players like him in any squad.

I Hope he finishes his career with us...I Hope that career lasts a few more seasons yet....A couple in the Champions league..!!

IMO...He could Partner Vardy, Play in midfield, his Normal WB position, or FB....Granted I Dont believe he could Play a Full period of  starting 12 games plus,but

I Dont think it needs to be tested.

I am Not saying he hasnt had below avg games ( who hasnt), in Any questionable performance,others were more behind, Mistakes & errors are part of

the game, from my point of view..Marc has never Let neither Team, teammate  nor Club down.

One of the best & underrated crossers in the game, his Teams problem ,Leicester often lagged behind in getting Bodies in the box....

You cant Blame any FB/WB if they have Busted their gut,then Nobody is either available for the cross, or available to support on holding it up...

Thats where Shinji & Kante did well for Albrighton,when needed..but that title season, the Express counter ment he fed  the assist, or was the assist on occasions.

Many easily forget the Top crosses, where the receiving Player fluffed it, or didnt convert....

Leicester legend.  Underrated. Has done fantastic stuff for us.  Premier League winner because he deserved it.

Best English player not to be capped in the last twenty years.  Second  best is Danny Simpson.  Being a sub for Chelsea or a Liverpool reserve can win you a cap.  Winning the league with Leicester doesn't.

Leicester legend.

• Like 4

I know players age and sometimes don’t fit changing systems etc but Kevin is a true legend of the club. Premier league winner, scorer of our first ever CL goal and the decider against Seville (probably one of the greatest games played at the KP).

Along with Morgan our best player on the night in Athens. There is life in the old dogs yet.

Also, who better to assist defensive training than one of the best crossers of the ball around. No longer an automatic starter but people need to realise that some players value to the squad goes a lot deeper than simply the starting eleven. The fact that he is apparently happy to fulfil this role speaks volumes for his professionalism and dedication to the club. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I actually thought he was our weak link (if we had one). The few times Leeds got in behind it was in the space behind him, but I guess that’s down to him and JJ. Put in a right shift mind. Must be so difficult to not play for weeks and weeks and then come in and bash 2 x 90 mins in the space of a few days. Put in a right shift too but that’s to be expected from him. 

Albrighton is a consummate professional like Fuchs. Along with big Wes and Vardy have got nothing to prove to no one but they still do a hell of a job when called upon. They are a constant testament to the spirit of the title winning team. Long may they continue!

• Like 3

Keeps Proving many long Term doubters wrong,who must be Punch Drunk by now, & still after our own last 6-10 year history,

You Dont write any Legends of Proven Class players off so easy &  lightly....I

Analysis failure every week ...:frusty:

Edited by fuchsntf

I thought that Mark had a very good game Thursday against the Portugese. Playing wing back is his best position in the team, he has looked well good these past games that he has started. He has still got plenty to offer, excellent squad member.

To those who wanted to throw the Albrighton out with the bathwater time after time in the last 2-3 years, usually after a defeat whether he was good, bad or indifferent, can we just close the case by presenting this weeks games as exhibit A & B. He can be our Milner which might not set pulses racing but to gamble on jettisoning him then finding someone else who can be as reliable....I'd just keep the real deal. He offers far more economy for his wage than a number of others and I doubt he's anything but a positive influence around the dressing room.

• Like 1

Albrighton doing what he always does, work rate, commitment and doing a job for his team. And he is so much better now we aren't relying on him to be our creative player, he has his moments still and this works better. 

Along with Fuchs he his another example of how organised we are currently, protecting weaknesses and the back 5 are all playing sensibly. 

Let’s  be honest prior to these past couple of  games he looked awful playing as an attacking winger in the few appearances he made  .He looked like he had nothing  to offer except for work rate, that said I didn’t want to get rid of him . Playing as a wing back has given him a new lease of life and he has been fantastic don’t particularly want to see him as a winger again unless we are struggling but wing back seems to suit him well now 

On 23/09/2020 at 21:56, Koke said:

Albrighton doesn't belong to a top 6 team but nostalgia merchants on here wanna have him in the squad coming on. He offers nothing of value on the pitch. He is 30 so move him on whilst we can. I'm sure he can do a job on the Burnley wing pinging crosses into Chris Wood. Or let him go back to Villa. 

If this club were ruthless they would move him on and get £6-8m for him، but we would rather give out 4 year contracts to injured players. 

What a difference 6 weeks can make. Don't mean to highlight you here mate, but Albrighton has been brilliant for us in the last month. 

• Like 4