Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
M0901

Marc Albrighton

14 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

The mans work-rate on and on off the pitch is phenomenal. For several seasons now he's managed to find a way back into the team through good performances.

Love the bloke, one of my favourite Leicester players ever.

Some games he's poor and is a 6/10, but you never see him give less than 100%. His delivery is still perfect at times, how does he pick Vardy out with that ball 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Some games he's poor and is a 6/10, but you never see him give less than 100%. His delivery is still perfect at times, how does he pick Vardy out with that ball 

He's definitely had some stinkers this season, Liverpool comes to mind. But I would also say that this season he has had quite a number of games where he has been really good. Not just 7/10 like he was in the title winning season, but he's had quite a few games where he has been 8/10 or maybe even 9/10. Today he was easily 8/10 for me, he did everything well. Made sure Son was anonymous along with JJ, then shifted out to the other side when we went to a back 3 and provides an assist. He took the yellow to haul down Kane to prevent the counter attack and was dangerous in attack and solid in defense. 

So this season whilst his consistency has varied, I think it's to his and the coaching team's credit that he is producing more when called upon more often. You could easily frown at his inclusion today with neither Under, Praet or Perez selected in that position, but he more than justified his inclusion. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Under, Praet or Perez selected in that position, but he more than justified his inclusion. 

over the course of a full game he offers

much more than the potential alternatives.He only had one bad game against Liverpool  because they doubled up on that flank and we were

slow to pick this up.Mr reliable and good for another 2 seasons.

Love Albrighton. Just consistently consistent.

Had a little daydream to myself the other day thinking that if we were to win the league this season who would I want to score the goal to seal it? Decided it would be him.

So that's nice.

Edited by Rain King
  • Like 3

I just came to this site to post something about Albrighton but I'm so glad to see you lot have beaten me to it. He's an "unfashionable" player these days but he puts in everything for the team every single game. Completely underrated and unappreciated. Raving about him on MOTD which im glad yo hear. 

Also I think that he makes Maddison better. Maddison is the type of player that he will either be shite or incredible... he doesn't really have in between performances. So when you have Marc in the team where you know exactly what type of performance he'll put in it kind of covers for the inconsistency of a number 10 like Maddison 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lcfc_forever said:
Albrighton, Perez or Praet - they're underrated but key in different ways to making our system work.

While playing Cengiz, Barnes and Maddison together looks great on paper, you need someone like one of them to do the hard work and be more direct. They're the reliable, committed and consistent performers that every team needs.

Out of sheer boredom I came into this thread and pressed control+f and typed in "underrated". Thank you for not disappointing.

• Like 2

Just confirms & proves again  why many a fan on this forum,get it wrong everytime, when consistently on selection calling out the manager,& consistently have cynical digs at Legends like Abrighton and Youth like Justin...

Again These Two had a great Tactical performances on both the frontfoot  & backfoot....

Also better stay quiet over Maddison.....

We have a strong squad & a manager who knows what hes doing....Striving for consistency individually and as a team , is now our biggest challenge...

but we are not doing it from a low or Middle of the table scenario, but from a strong position competing for those covetted Top 4 positions,Coming Off a horrible period of long Time Chronic injury & actually still carrying that heavy baggage...

Think I would rather trust,encourage & support the actions from within the club,than nonsense warblings from opinions & preconceptions created and stated

on many daily posts from Agenda-chasers throughout the forum....who just cant seem to learn..!!

Edited by fuchsntf

I loved his waist high tackle on kane.

I feel like for years, especially under Rodgers we haven't been as streetwise/win at all costs as certain other teams in the prem. But that foul could of been straight out of a deigo Simone team. Tried desperately to stop the counter, failed but still made 100% sure that even if there was a counter attack Harry Kane wouldn't be participating in it! 

6 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

'I never want to see him near a Leicester squad again if we have any ambishun.'

:nigel:Your comments are like your spelling  ridiculous again one of our top players . I  think the morons on here who knock   such a dedicated player are unfit to be classed as Leicester supporters and represent about 001% of our following

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

I loved his waist high tackle on kane.

I feel like for years, especially under Rodgers we haven't been as streetwise/win at all costs as certain other teams in the prem. But that foul could of been straight out of a deigo Simone team. Tried desperately to stop the counter, failed but still made 100% sure that even if there was a counter attack Harry Kane wouldn't be participating in it! 

...no VAR check....lucky boy, we could have been down to 10 men!!!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Foxaholic ME said:

Your comments are like your spelling  ridiculous again one of our top players . I  think the morons on here who knock   such a dedicated player are unfit to be classed as Leicester supporters and represent about 001% of our following

...his post could just as easily be, sarcasm!!!

Edited by sacreblueits442