Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
M0901

Marc Albrighton

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Much better when he played on the left, always think he look better on that side.

Yeah he seemed to stop putting those pointless floating crosses for the defence to head away and played several good diaganal passes and switched play effectively. Those crosses just give posession away. it's dated football from ten years ago.

1 minute ago, messerschmitt said:

Yeah he seemed to stop putting those pointless floating crosses for the defence to head away and played several good diaganal passes and switched play effectively. Those crosses just give posession away. it's dated football from ten years ago.

He just more at ease and composed on the left. 

• Like 1

I thought Albrighton was good yesterday. I think playing is his preferred position probably helped that. However and this is not a criticism, as a senior player I want to see more from him. In terms of his standing in the squad and the experience he holds at this level, I dont think its unfair to criticise him for some of the decision making before yesterday. I think he is more then capable of adding better decision making to his ability range. I see no reason, with a bit of hard work, why he cannot become our Milner type player. His experience could become a vital part of our squad. 

53 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

It’s a weird one... he certainly hasn’t got any worse but the team has try to evolve past him which has meant he plays in positions he’s not as comfortable. Yesterday when he went left mid I had forgotten how good he is.

Albrighton amazes me -- every window since Summer 16 (face it, winter 16 with Gray) it seems the manager signs someone to replace him, and he always works his way back into the 11, even with little end product.

• Like 2

I think people underestimate his work rate, closing down and defensive qualities as well as the ability to ping a ball into the box better than probably most in our squad. A great pro and does the dirty side of the game well which allows our more technical players to thrive. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When he is on the left his natural instinct is to turn in which then allows him to ping those long cross field passes and switch the play which can catch defences out. 

He gives us much more alternatives than when playing on the right.

great pro to have around. As others have said, every manager seems to come back to him eventually. He is our mr dependable