Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
M0901

Marc Albrighton

Really noticeable that he has started looking more for one-twos and short, sharp passes around the box, rather than always whipping in early high crosses. Think that has made a massive difference to his effectiveness in the current set up, and is testament no doubt to Brendan's coaching. A few weeks ago I was desperate to get Cengo in the team but with Marc's current form, I'm quite happy to see him starting every game at the moment.

Edited by Sunbury Fox

1 hour ago, Line-X said:

Never understood why Pearson left him languishing on the bench for so long or simply wasn't picked. 

Twists & turns in Football careers....

Whatever  happens from now on , he  goes into the book and will be wrote down as One of our legends..and rightly so..

Thank God for the Quiet few,  manyy over the years could Never see or understand what he brought to the squad

vastly under-rated, over long periods...even in his avg. Performances he kept us solid ,and ticking over...

Top deleberate crosses,were not his fault when not converted, Not Full of Tricks has a winger, but One of the few players who can hold the ball,

Run his arse off & recovery from good or Bad positions, and either from on the Run or Stand point put over a mean cross...

his assist to the assists Shouldnt be ignorered,und One Player over all These years,that plays on the front foot, if hes having a bad game, then a few others will be having a worse game...

Rodgers has also seen, where he Slots in, and is a good shining Star of the stubborn & hard work, that new & young players  can follow...

Its not worth mentioning those obvious odd mistakes...His Leicester's long laid out carrer....has seen far more Positive turnouts & performanes.

A very under-Rated Legend....I

Yes and I so want to see Under & new signing prove they can take his place and Add more quality.....Then We will all know we have something even more special in our squad...

Its no confidence he was kept reasonably injury free....and seen our Team compete in the Top 4 over these last two seasons...

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

His mental fortitude is underrated. The game isn’t just physical, it’s mental too. Every manager has benched him and every single one has put him back in. Never complains just gets his head down and works his ass off. 

This season he’s also proved he can listen and be coached. His game has evolved; more short passes, cut ins, one-twos, etc. Most importantly his positioning and teamwork when defending is Liverpool levels of good. Not just blind chasing but purposefully harassing and forcing the opponents back. 

I’m loving the renaissance of Sharkey!

Definitely. 

We almost encouraged him to be one dimensional before with his crossing and long balls as it was so effective but the downside was it was also a bit too predictable and often gave away possession cheaply.

He's playing a much more rounded game right now and he looks like someone who fits in with Rodgers ideas rather than just being 'the title winning grafter who can cross'.

Edited by Stuntman_Mike
  • Like 3

Has to be his most consistent run of good form he’s ever had in the team, including the title winning season. At the minute he’s standing out every game as one of the best players on the pitch, which really is incredible. The guy is a credit to himself and completely personifies LCFC...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

His pressing was INSANE tonight. Literally didn’t stop! A shame his goal didn’t count because he deserved it. 

This is the best he’s played for us on a consistent basis, he’s important to the team. What a brilliant signing he’s proved to be. 

I’ll admit I’d given up on Albrighton by the end of last season. Happy to be proven wrong, his form the past 3-4 games has been as good as he’s ever shown, right up there with Sevilla at home 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

34 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

His mental fortitude is underrated. The game isn’t just physical, it’s mental too. Every manager has benched him and every single one has put him back in. Never complains just gets his head down and works his ass off. 

This season he’s also proved he can listen and be coached. His game has evolved; more short passes, cut ins, one-twos, etc. Most importantly his positioning and teamwork when defending is Liverpool levels of good. Not just blind chasing but purposefully harassing and forcing the opponents back. 

I’m loving the renaissance of Sharkey!

*Sharkinho :D 

39 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

I was calling for him to be gone in the summer, purely for the fact I thought we had outgrown him.

Marc, I am sorry. 

Congratulations for being  so honest and your comments were no where as hostile as some on here who should  be ashamed of themselves  in abusing a fine clubman who always gives 100%  and   almost always in the side for our best displays

• Like 1