Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Aston Villa - League Cup semi final 2nd leg - 28/01/20

23 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

Right, playtimes over.

Time to beat these no mark shits like we did in the league.

****ing relegation fodder. Let's **** em. Then buy their best player for peanuts when they go down.

You want us to buy Drinky back? :ph34r:

May regret this comment, but why people saying man mark grealish? 2 games so far this season he’s done naff all bar a deflected goal?? We should play to our strengths Tuesday night, carry them out well we’re going to Wembley! Press and press high, quick on the ball, compact when we don’t have it. No good sitting off villa as crowd behind them will build confidence! I’d show the lads replay of villa league game at their place and say do that again lads! 

Edited by Lesta2014
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Lesta2014 said:

May regret this comment, but why people saying man mark grealish? 2 games so far this season he’s done naff all bar a deflected goal?? We should play to our strengths Tuesday night, carry them out well we’re going to Wembley! Press and press high, quick on the ball, compact when we don’t have it. No good sitting off villa as crowd behind them will build confidence! I’d show the lads replay of villa league game at their place and say do that again lads! 

This phrase still manages to evoke goose-bumps in me somehow despite the somewhat cheapening of the whole occasion with multiple different sponsors of the League Cup, Wembley semis for the FA cup, playoffs hosted there etc. If we're on our game on Tuesday as we should be we have every chance of being in this privileged position once again in the amazing history of our club! :scarf:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Got a feeling this might go to penalties. Anyone got Pegguy Arphexad's phone number?

Nah, let's get Kalac back and bring him on as the seconds tick down. Albrighton shin. You know it makes sense. :thumbup:

7 hours ago, FIF said:

I would definitely man mark Grealish with someone. Stop him and we win by 4.

More worried about McGinn's crosses to be honest, they caused us trouble at their place in that first half. If Villa's centre-backs and frontmen could finish their dinner, that 4-1 would probably have been a closer game, but luckily they mostly fell to the carthorse that is El Ghazi. Mercifully, McGinn still seems to be out injured, which should give us a little more defensive breathing space.

Grealish really isn't all that, otherwise he'd be dragging Villa through games week after week. In reality, he's basically Maddison but with a Brummie accent and playing in a crappier overall team.

Edited by OntarioFox

3 hours ago, OntarioFox said:

Nah, let's get Kalac back and bring him on as the seconds tick down. Albrighton shin. You know it makes sense. :thumbup:

More worried about McGinn's crosses to be honest, they caused us trouble at their place in that first half. If Villa's centre-backs and frontmen could finish their dinner, that 4-1 would probably have been a closer game, but luckily they mostly fell to the carthorse that is El Ghazi. Mercifully, McGinn still seems to be out injured, which should give us a little more defensive breathing space.

Grealish really isn't all that, otherwise he'd be dragging Villa through games week after week. In reality, he's basically Maddison but with a Brummie accent and playing in a crappier overall team.

Isn’t McGinn out for the season? 

Got to go for it from the off, press, quick passing and when we get a chance we need to take it.

Kasper 

Riccardo Evans Soyunchu Chilwell   

Ndidi

Madison    Tielemans 

Perez        Vardy           Barnes

subs: Ward Morgan Fuchs Preat Gray Iheanacho Choudhury 

Only downside to this game is I have been told by work I need to attend a training course on Wednesday morning starting at 8:15. The game kicks off at 6:45, so if we could have it wrapped up by half time It would be incredibly appreciated.

17 hours ago, StanSP said:

Please win. I wanna go to Wembley again :wub:. This side fvcking deserves it too! 

I've never been to Wembley - and since I'm now in London it would seem to be the best opportunity ever... (It wouldn't be that hard to get tickets, would it?)  MUST WIN!!!!!!! :fc:  (*Checks ticket prices* - not cheap, but I'm loaded, so...)

Edited by PhillippaT