Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Aston Villa - League Cup semi final 2nd leg - 28/01/20

Gutted I can't go to this. I have a prior engagement in Cambridge on the evening. However, I'm going to try a Likely Lads stunt, and see if I can get back to Leicester to watch the match 'live' on TV at about 1am. So don't bother calling me as my phone will be switched off :ph34r:.

Not looking forward to this. We should have battered them at home but it's like the occassion and expectation was too much. Going to be even harder at Villa Park.

If we're not as up for it as they are it's curtains. No time for throwing ourselves on the floor looking for free kicks, we need to be strong in the tackle and win every 50/50. They're not just going to let us play.

12 minutes ago, Munshi said:

Ndidi being back is massive. Think if he started that first leg we win it.

Definitely. Great to hear Vards will be able to contribute, even if it's a fresh pair of legs later on in the game. Interesting to hear Wes is out and it seems they aren't entirely sure what's wrong. He seems to be struggling with his fitness and I am concerned about relying on him as a backup these days... definite priority to bring someone in to replace him longer term.

I desperately want us to get to the final and win the cup but one thing slightly worries me. I’d hate to get to the final and get battered by Man City and then our confidence takes another huge hit. I’m probably just overthinking it

24 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah, he is a very strong player. Got to be positionally very good tomorrow against him.

We should particularly keep track of him on corners and spot-kicks. He scored 32 goals last season, 10 from headers (plus 14 with his right foot and 8 with his left). He scored 3 headers in this season’s Champions League, including a bullet header against Liverpool.

The fact Villa have home advantage and the tie is evenly poised may put the pressure on them. They need to look to win the game. We can just concentrate on what we do best and punish them where possible.

Confident we can get a result. Vardy can be thrown on in the second half or with 30 mins to go depending when we need him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OadbyBlue said:

Love this quote

Yeah it's a great statement. People thought 15/16 was a once in a lifetime event, but 4 years later we are 3rd and one game away from Wembley. Not quite as good as that season, but it shows how far we've come. And our youngsters are getting better with every game... there's definitely chances for finals in other competitions!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bevan said:

I desperately want us to get to the final and win the cup but one thing slightly worries me. I’d hate to get to the final and get battered by Man City and then our confidence takes another huge hit. I’m probably just overthinking it

We took a bit of a beating off them in December when they were near their best and we were near our worst.

Since then they've lost to Wolves and drew at home to Palace. If we got to the final it would be another day and who knows?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, H.a.r.r.y said:

am bricking it

Don`t worry about it, it`s only the League Cup, we`ve won it three times before, if things go pear shaped, well we`ve been there and done that anyway.

We still have the FA Cup still to go for, which now we have won the premier league, is absolutely the holy grail for me.

If we get to the Semi Final and Final of that, then i too will be bricking it! lol

30 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Have a feeling Wes may have to be announcing something sooner rather than later. 

Yep! Three games in a row now he’s either been injured early on or not felt right after. He looked in constant pain against Brentford :( I was wondering whether that was what had brought on the CB search more so than loaning out Benko.... I think people would try and fleece us if they knew our 3rd choice was going the way of a race horse with a broken leg. 

• Like 1