Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Aston Villa - League Cup semi final 2nd leg - 28/01/20

1 hour ago, Bevan said:

I desperately want us to get to the final and win the cup but one thing slightly worries me. I’d hate to get to the final and get battered by Man City and then our confidence takes another huge hit. I’m probably just overthinking it

Get there first...!!!  Then worry what Happens next..  You have 2 months to collect your ulcers,if we win against Villa...

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

From the press conference:

Vardy?
He’s in the squad. He’s worked very hard.

We’ll give it another day and we’ll see if he can start.

If you’re asking me if he’s 100 per cent, he might be 80 per cent.

It’s about the further risk of injury, but I’m confident he will play some part.

Mendy?
Mendy is out, and Wes Morgan will be unavailable.

Other players will come in.

Wes didn’t feel great after the game at Brentford and he will be assessed.

Dewsbury-Hall out on loan?
We have a number of players who need to go out on loan.

He’s 21, so he needs league football, he needs pressure football.

Centre-backs?
There’s nothing new to add. It will go into this week I’m sure.

There’s work going on behind the scenes.

It’s still a possibility. It’s always difficult to get the types of players that we want.

There’s nothing to add [on Vestergaard].

Villa?
It’s a semi-final and it’s a huge opportunity for us.

We played well there so we will have confidence.

We know it’s going to be tight. They’ve had a couple of good results that will give them confidence.

You’ve got to stay calm. There’s lots of emotions around these games.

I don’t really see it as someone as favourite. It’s well balanced, at 1-1 with no away goals.

We’re now relaxing and concentrating on the game.

Both teams in different places than first leg?
We arrive in a better moment, and a lot of players were allowed to recover for the game tomorrow.

Every player will be up for an occasion like this. We know the threat Villa have but we know our own qualities.

Samatta?
I’ve seen clips and he works hard.

He’s a player we need to be aware of.

First final for 20 years?
Something tangible for how hard the players have worked.

Don’t want to say it’s the chance of a lifetime because we want to be in more finals.

Iheanacho?
I’ve been delighted with him, whether he starts or comes off the bench, he makes an impact.

I know he had a difficult period here, you sense the supporters are with him, they can see his qualities.

It makes him a possibility to do well when he plays. In a winning squad, you have to be prepared to play the role.

How to keep players calm?
We’ve done some work around that.

It’s about how you manage the pressure, because hopefully there’s going to be many more big occasions.

You need to play with calmness and with the emotion.

Experienced players important?
They are all there to support each other.

These occasions mean a lot, whether you are a young player or an older player.

It’s my job to make sure the players anticipate the situations that could arise during the game.

Do you think it will be a different game?
There’s always a pressure in your home game to go and impose.

Dean mentioned he needed more from his side with the ball. We would anticipate they would do more with the ball.

We play the same way in every game.

If we can play as well as we did, but take our chances, we stand a good chance.

Message to fans?
To be as loud as they have been this season.

They were great in the league game there.

Whats Samatta,worried the Villa might Reina on our parade...:P

Actually Great post..again a Good read..:twitch:

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Haha 2

On 26/01/2020 at 15:20, Koke said:

We hsve to be super aggressive in our press + move the ball quickly. 2-3 touches max per player. We can put these away if we turn up. 

A here is the key. Villa must start as favourites. We have a chance but I'm concerned because we do seem to bottle it in the bigger matches. Man City away didn't turn up, Liverpool at home didn't turn up at all, Man Utd away didn't turn up. 1st leg vs Villa we looked to freeze on the occasion.

Our only decent perfomance in the last few weeks was against a pitiful West Ham. Our big players need to stand up and be counted but the question is can they do it?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, reynard said:

A here is the key. Villa must start as favourites. We have a chance but I'm concerned because we do seem to bottle it in the bigger matches. Man City away didn't turn up, Liverpool at home didn't turn up at all, Man Utd away didn't turn up. 1st leg vs Villa we looked to freeze on the occasion.

Our only decent perfomance in the last few weeks was against a pitiful West Ham. Our big players need to stand up and be counted but the question is can they do it?

Not sure they are favourites, if you look at league form, they have won 5 at home out of 12, we have won 7 away out of 12.

And Villa aren't Man C or Liverpool.

I'd say it's very even! 

• Like 1

Difficult situation for Rodgers, does he risk playing Vardy picking up a knock and i'm having out for the season. I think come kick off, he'll have Vardy on the bench but will only look to play him if necessary. I'd be amazed if Vardy is able to come out and play 90 minutes or more? Dangerous game for Leicester, possibily there biggest opportunity for a long time but may not be able to play the star man. This when looking back is when we should have brought an other option up front. 

Give vardy 60 mins if he can manage it that will give the team a big boost come kick off and villa will be worried also will tire them out for when nacho man come on to cause some problems. Keep grielish quiet get wilf to stay on him and go hard a few times on him early doors he will lose his rag and prob get sent off 

Not a big deal, Recent results we’ve actually looked a lot more balanced and dangerous without Vardy, I thought Kelechi looked Much better at the hold up play to get the midfielders involved, personally I wouldn’t risk Vardy given his record against the top 6 sides (chelsea sat)

3 hours ago, reynard said:

Villa certainly don’t start as favourites, we are 3/5 on with most bookies.

11 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

From the press conference:

Vardy?
He’s in the squad. He’s worked very hard.

We’ll give it another day and we’ll see if he can start.

If you’re asking me if he’s 100 per cent, he might be 80 per cent.

It’s about the further risk of injury, but I’m confident he will play some part.

Mendy?
Mendy is out, and Wes Morgan will be unavailable.

Other players will come in.

Wes didn’t feel great after the game at Brentford and he will be assessed.

Dewsbury-Hall out on loan?
We have a number of players who need to go out on loan.

He’s 21, so he needs league football, he needs pressure football.

Centre-backs?
There’s nothing new to add. It will go into this week I’m sure.

There’s work going on behind the scenes.

It’s still a possibility. It’s always difficult to get the types of players that we want.

There’s nothing to add [on Vestergaard].

Villa?
It’s a semi-final and it’s a huge opportunity for us.

We played well there so we will have confidence.

We know it’s going to be tight. They’ve had a couple of good results that will give them confidence.

You’ve got to stay calm. There’s lots of emotions around these games.

I don’t really see it as someone as favourite. It’s well balanced, at 1-1 with no away goals.

We’re now relaxing and concentrating on the game.

Both teams in different places than first leg?
We arrive in a better moment, and a lot of players were allowed to recover for the game tomorrow.

Every player will be up for an occasion like this. We know the threat Villa have but we know our own qualities.

Samatta?
I’ve seen clips and he works hard.

He’s a player we need to be aware of.

First final for 20 years?
Something tangible for how hard the players have worked.

Don’t want to say it’s the chance of a lifetime because we want to be in more finals.

Iheanacho?
I’ve been delighted with him, whether he starts or comes off the bench, he makes an impact.

I know he had a difficult period here, you sense the supporters are with him, they can see his qualities.

It makes him a possibility to do well when he plays. In a winning squad, you have to be prepared to play the role.

How to keep players calm?
We’ve done some work around that.

It’s about how you manage the pressure, because hopefully there’s going to be many more big occasions.

You need to play with calmness and with the emotion.

Experienced players important?
They are all there to support each other.

These occasions mean a lot, whether you are a young player or an older player.

It’s my job to make sure the players anticipate the situations that could arise during the game.

Do you think it will be a different game?
There’s always a pressure in your home game to go and impose.

Dean mentioned he needed more from his side with the ball. We would anticipate they would do more with the ball.

We play the same way in every game.

If we can play as well as we did, but take our chances, we stand a good chance.

Message to fans?
To be as loud as they have been this season.

They were great in the league game there.

Superb, thanks

8 hours ago, reynard said:

A here is the key. Villa must start as favourites.

Why in the world would Villa be the favorites?  We're in third and they're barely staying up, we beat them there handily in the league match and dominated them in the first leg.  

2 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Why in the world would Villa be the favorites?  We're in third and they're barely staying up, we beat them there handily in the league match and dominated them in the first leg.  

Cos vardy isn’t starting ? 

cos we didn’t win the home leg ?

cos they will actually have a striker on the pitch ?

we beat them at their place without Mings at the back ...

given that they are at home, I would say it’s fairly even but if we turn up and play well, we win.  Our record this season when the big games have arrived isn’t great is it !