Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Aston Villa - League Cup semi final 2nd leg - 28/01/20

My worry is we seem to have a soft underbelly when it comes to big occasions. We've choked on several fronts this season when presented with a mental test. Villa will be absolutely up for this. We've got to step up, they will come out of the traps flying and try to overwhelm us in the opening exchanges. 

We've got to be smart, we know man for man we're better than them, they will try to use pure emotion and Grealish to overwhelm us, we need to remain calm, and catch them when we can. We turn up with wobbly knees we get beaten. I worry that we don't have the minerals to win a game like this, even though we should beat Villa every time we face them, but cup competitions are a different animal, I just hope we're ready for it. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

When the draw was made, I was glad we were away in the second leg. We'll have more space to play in tonight, Ndidi is back, we'll do this.

Gonna need to score first Gary to stop them parking the bus and us nicking one late for it to go to pens.

Its almost good that we don't have a single goal lead, as that way I'd be worried we would sit back and protect. Yes I am trying to put a positive spin on not winning the first leg. With it level we can treat it as a one off game, we are better than them in most areas so hopefully our quality will shine through but they will give it a good go I'm sure.

I hope Brendan doesn't try and be too clever with playing back 3 etc in order to play Perez and Iheanacho centrally. Stick to 4231/433, Barnes could be the key with directness and pace. They've done ok since they've gone to back 3, lets not play into their hands by going through the middle. Ricardo and Barnes to do the damage on the wings.

3-1 win I reckon. Avoid penalties, feels like we've won too many recently and that's bound to change.

Edited by RowlattsFox
  • Like 2

I keep making myself nervous by skipping over everything that's going for us and focusing on shite like this lol

"Each of the last six teams to draw the first leg of the League Cup semi-final at home have then gone on to be eliminated in the second leg."

And now you can do the same! 

23 minutes ago, Jack1993 said:

I keep making myself nervous by skipping over everything that's going for us and focusing on shite like this lol

"Each of the last six teams to draw the first leg of the League Cup semi-final at home have then gone on to be eliminated in the second leg."

Thanks! As if I wasn't nervous enough lol

38 minutes ago, Jack1993 said:

I like these stats, because the chance of them being broken are higher now. Therefore, we will break that trend.

• Like 2

Has the Ref been announced? cant find it anywhere.

Hope it isnt someone that will put up with Grealish' ballerina impressions.

if that kid put as much effort into playing football as he does play acting then he would be one hell of a player.