Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

They should relax the rules on restaurants, cafes, etc and allow them to operate as takeaways.

I thought they said they are allowed to stay open as takeaways, as they are doing in New York 

which is ok if you live across the road from a pub 

Edited by yorkie1999
  • Like 1

For my age I admit to having not taken politics and our leaders very seriously over the years. 

But have to say our chancellor who I had never heard of until recently speaks absolutely brilliantly and immediately gains my attention and respect. 

Edited by EastAnglianFox
  • Like 2

Just now, StanSP said:

They have i think? 

Just now, yorkie1999 said:

I thought they said they are allow to stay open as takeaways, as they are doing in New York 

2 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

They did that a couple of days ago.

Seems I may have missed the memo lol

thanks all

Guest MattP
7 minutes ago, pds said:

Boris is horrendous. A bumbling idiot.

Rishi Sunak has impressed me to be fair, never thought I'd say that about a Tory.

Inexperienced posh Tory wankstain who is Cummings lapdog I think it what you called him wasnt it?

(Apologies if it wasnt but it was one of the all Tories are whatever crew)

1 minute ago, MattP said:

Inexperienced posh Tory wankstain who is Cummings lapdog I think it what you called him wasnt it?

(Apologies if it wasnt but it was one of the all Tories are whatever crew)

Wasn't me! Unless we're talking about Johnson in which case I'll happily take the credit for that.

Edited by pds

The Qu's that come back after these announcements are ludicrous in the main was anyone confused about what children should be doing from Monday, that comes off the back of wednesday when he said he would close them from friday & 1st Qu back when will you re-open them.
What's happened over night that has made you take the closure measures for pubs etc, he just wants to say because there are A-Holes that can't do the right thing without being ordered too.

9 minutes ago, pds said:

Boris is horrendous. A bumbling idiot.

Rishi Sunak has impressed me to be fair, never thought I'd say that about a Tory.

. I originally thought the same but then realised, he is actually quite reassuring with how he talks. The clever bods he brings on to explain the technicalities obviously know what they’re talking about  but to me, Boris is a very good presenter.

1 minute ago, yorkie1999 said:

. I originally thought the same but then realised, he is actually quite reassuring with how he talks. The clever bods he brings on to explain the technicalities obviously know what they’re talking about  but to me, Boris is a very good presenter.

I agree with that, he has a script but he generally free styles which is why it comes across as bumbling but it does come across as sincere, anyone can sit behind a desk & read a prepared statement off an autocue

Government have gone a long way to helping people financially which was needed.  Lots of people will sleep a little easier and be a bit more relaxed...

Which is good because, there are plenty more restrictions to come that will really test people's patience.

Well, obviously can't speak for everyone, but personally that 80% wages cover if shit hits the fan has calmed my nerves considerably. I'll always work if I can, but if this kung flu gets me it's nice knowing my mortgage will be covered.

Cheers Rishi, you were excellent once again.

• Like 2