Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

Ozzies take this shit seriously... this was Bondi today :)

EDit, Ive been unable to verify the pic above, so maybe not true... this one is from a local news site so should be reliable

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2F4451eb46-4910-4f7f-acd8-4232243add02

Edited by ozleicester
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Security on the door of my Asda this morning letting people in 10 at a time as people left. Dedicated checkouts for older people as well which was good to see. 

Thats good to hear, hopefully it becomes the norm.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ozleicester said:

No idea if this is genuinely from today or not, but here the weather will start to pick up soon and people are not currently in the mindset to stick to the advice.  Once the temperature gets over 22 I think we'll see another spike.  Even if bans are put in place, the summer is going to be a nightmare to get everyone to stay at home.  Hopefully it won't be as hot as last year!

Just now, nnfox said:

No idea if this is genuinely from today or not, but here the weather will start to pick up soon and people are not currently in the mindset to stick to the advice.  Once the temperature gets over 22 I think we'll see another spike.  Even if bans are put in place, the summer is going to be a nightmare to get everyone to stay at home.  Hopefully it won't be as hot as last year!

Genuine pic from today... the heat is slowly fading toward "winter" so people grabbing last chances

• Like 1

Scottish FM and CMO saying the restrictions might need to last a lot longer and then this..

12:56

BREAKINGRestriction to continue ‘most of a year’

Policies to limit the spread of coronavirus would need to be in place for "at least most of a year" to prevent intensive care units being overwhelmed, according to official scientific advice to the government.

The documents, prepared by the Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (Sage), said alternating between more and less strict measures could "plausibly be effective at keeping the number of critical care cases within capacity".

Looks like we're in the for the long haul.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Nalis said:

The one hour early shop opening for the eldery and vulnerable turned out to be a load of shit, elderly neighbour popped out to Sainsburys near me and said it was a free for all.

Not sure if it wasnt policued by security or if people just claimed they were shopping for the eldery but either way it's a bit shit of the big stores to promise something they couldnt stick to.

apparently this happened all over - the stores point out that they have a dedicated check out line for "the vulnerable" :rolleyes:

17 minutes ago, blabyboy said:

Scottish FM and CMO saying the restrictions might need to last a lot longer and then this..

Looks like we're in the for the long haul.

Was always going to be the case. I would expect perhaps 6 weeks of pretty harsh restrictions, then very slowly and cautiously easing them, ready to put them back if necessary.

If everything goes well, then all restrictions might be lifted in time for Christmas.  Honestly think this is the best case scenario.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Stupid ****ing selfish c**ts

Edited by shanetko

Due to all the selfish ***** that reckon theyre cool going out and laughing about coronavirus, Bavaria is going on lockdown for 2 weeks. Can only go out for essentials like work if you cant work at home, doctors, foodshopping, etc.

Hope it helps to lower infections. Luckily we can still take walks alone or with someone/the dog else I think my mental health will go down the shitter

Wife gave me a shopping list, I haven't left the house for three weeks as I'm decorating, I'm sure she wanted me to experience the shopping experience .

Literally fcuk all on the shelves in Sainsburys or Lidl, popped into Homebase for some paint, the cvnt stock taking was coughing so moved swifly away from the paint, looking at paint brushes and some twat breathing down my neck, some morons clearly have no concept of social distancing and there couldn't have been more than ten shoppers in the store. 

Popped into the pet shop for kibble for my dog and fcuk all left.

Back to the decorating it's less fcuking stressful.

7 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Just went to asda in Oadby. Not as bad as people on here are saying. No loo rolls or cleaning supplies but plenty of milk, bread, cheese and the like. Will probably do me for the week. Gl all. 

I would suggest unless you have been to every major super market in the country then you have no idea at all if its a bad as people are saying surely?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Just went to asda in Oadby. Not as bad as people on here are saying. No loo rolls or cleaning supplies but plenty of milk, bread, cheese and the like. Will probably do me for the week. Gl all. 

Unless of course you want to disinfect the bog, polish the furniture, cleanse the surfaces, attend to the bathroom and kitchen and wipe your arse. 

Just now, Line-X said:

Unless of course you want to disinfect the bog, polish the furniture, cleanse the surfaces, attend to the bathroom and kitchen and wipe your arse. 

Luckily didn't need cleaning supplies this week. Plenty at places like rock bottom (or w/e the **** they call it now) in thurmaston. :thumbup:

5 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Luckily didn't need cleaning supplies this week. Plenty at places like rock bottom (or w/e the **** they call it now) in thurmaston. :thumbup:

Wilko in town also have masses of cleaning products and toilet roll. Relatively quiet too.

52 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

A worse case situation or reality?

It's the scientific conclusion from SAGE (Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies) so I would guess that it'll come into the daily reports from the PM at some point if not today when the journos start asking why he said 12wks and they say much longer. Given that he's always been ready to defer to the science guys(and gals) in his briefings, you would hope he will do the same here.

• Like 1