Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

5 hours ago, MattP said:

Now this is leadership. 

Not the most brilliant idea getting retired healthcare workers to come back, when PHE guidelines have now downgraded recommendations for healthcare workers from FFP3 masks to surgical masks only when dealing with confirmed patients. The very same surgical masks that they tell the public are ineffective against preventing you getting infected, and only avoids you infecting others... :nono:

3 minutes ago, brucey said:

Not the most brilliant idea getting retired healthcare workers to come back, when PHE guidelines have now downgraded recommendations for healthcare workers from FFP3 masks to surgical masks only when dealing with confirmed patients. The very same surgical masks that they tell the public are ineffective against preventing you getting infected, and only avoids you infecting others... :nono:

I fully agree with you. We're in dark times, and these are brave people to be doing this. Good people come to the fore in the dark times, sometimes even at personal cost. A cost that too often will not be appreciated or recognised in times ahead - more likely to be forgotten, yet still they come.

Some people are just born to do the right thing. Thankfully.  

A chap I work with has gone into hospital with it today, they won’t test but have confirmed he has it. We sit close enough that he could tap me on the shoulder. I’ve not been in the office with him since last Tuesday, but other people within the team are claiming symptoms now.

I won’t be leaving the house for the foreseeable.

Sorry to hear about your coffee shop customers' lack of responsibility. BoJo should stop advising people, and start telling them what to do, otherwise the next three months will be truly horrendous. Liberal democracy is great, but.....

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Wet Trump said:

A chap I work with has gone into hospital with it today, they won’t test but have confirmed he has it. We sit close enough that he could tap me on the shoulder. I’ve not been in the office with him since last Tuesday, but other people within the team are claiming symptoms now.

I won’t be leaving the house for the foreseeable.

how can they confirm if they won't test?

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

I think by the end of next week we'll be in a forced lockdown, people just aren't taking the social distancing serious enough unfortunately.

I think it needs to be sooner. People can't be trusted if they're just 'advised' to do something. Too selfish to think otherwise. 

• Like 1

The Gov has been v v poor in handling all of this.

They knew months ago that it was spreading and yet have taken little action:

1) have not ordered more ventilators. Still.

2) protective clothing for NHS staff

3) testing kits - as the WHO say, test, test, test.

On top if this it is very poor leadership. No clear messages, no action being taken (see above), and what action they have taken (to save businesses) does not go far enough and will not work in the majority of cases.

It is literally as follows, common sense being ignored for a make do attitude. This is deadly.

In addition to the above I have noticed a pattern across social media. Brexit supporting accounts support and the govs approach yet say we are over acting. Remain accounts v critical and are saying more action is required....

• Like 1

Bearing in mind they are saying that such a large proportion of people will have mild symptoms, to the extent they might never have realised they have had it, I am frustrated at lack of guidance on what these mild symptoms might look like. It would be so helpful to have a description of the symptoms that people who fit in the bracket. 

I am self-isolating at the moment as I have felt fatigued and had a bit of a fever on and off. I also had a very very intermittent cough, but no sense of the persistent dry cough and the difficulty breathing like the government are saying to watch out for. I am now starting to get a slightly more frequent cough, and I can definitely feel shortness of breathe if I climb the stairs, for example. On that basis I think the decision to stay in has been proved to be right.

10 minutes ago, adam1 said:

In addition to the above I have noticed a pattern across social media. Brexit supporting accounts support and the govs approach yet say we are over acting. Remain accounts v critical and are saying more action is required....

Probably because a lot of Brexiters are Con voters where Remain accounts would be Labour/Lib Dem? Seems fairly obviously to me.

5 minutes ago, Desabafar said:

i could slag anyone off in a guardian column but i couldnt even imagine trying do the job of the prime minister and the people around him atm. they get things wrong and it's a bit muddled but dont envy them

Aye and  lectures from the media is a bit of a joke considering some of the stories they're putting out. Although I do think the Government have been to slow to act.

3 minutes ago, Desabafar said:

i could slag anyone off in a guardian column but i couldnt even imagine trying do the job of the prime minister and the people around him atm. they get things wrong and it's a bit muddled but dont envy them

They have had time to prepare and yet they havent.

Last night - will last 12 weeks.

This morning - SAGE: will last a year.

They have the right information, and refuse to disclose it so that they can come out with their spaff.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, adam1 said:

They have the right information, and refuse to disclose it so that they can come out with their spaff.

But that's the thing isn't it.  He didn't say it would be over and done with in 12 weeks he said about the tide turning.  To me that means just past the peak, not gone away.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Desabafar said:

Does it really matter? Anyone that already doesn't like Boris will be spaffing all over the shop as they get a few seconds of glorious dopamine popping about whilst nobody else cares what a Marina Hyde actually is

18 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Bearing in mind they are saying that such a large proportion of people will have mild symptoms, to the extent they might never have realised they have had it, I am frustrated at lack of guidance on what these mild symptoms might look like. It would be so helpful to have a description of the symptoms that people who fit in the bracket. 

I am self-isolating at the moment as I have felt fatigued and had a bit of a fever on and off. I also had a very very intermittent cough, but no sense of the persistent dry cough and the difficulty breathing like the government are saying to watch out for. I am now starting to get a slightly more frequent cough, and I can definitely feel shortness of breathe if I climb the stairs, for example. On that basis I think the decision to stay in has been proved to be right.

Anecdotally, a few people have reported the persistent loss of smell (even without any blocked nose/sinuses) as an unusual specific symptom related to coronavirus. But the common symptoms are dry cough, fever, shortness of breath, muscle aches and extreme fatigue.

When I saw the reports that supermarkets were having a pensioner hour when only older people were allowed to shop I thought what a great idea that was. It hasn't worked out so well in practice. My neighbour, who is 70, went to Tesco's yesterday and there were hundreds of people in there with not a grey hair on their head. There were a couple of security at the door but people were just pushing them out the way and walking past them. If this goes on for much longer I hope the government introduces rationing. Dozens of MoD plod where I work who normally sit around all day doing stuff all. They could be given a real job to do.

8 minutes ago, Desabafar said:

Spot on about the media.

Boris wanted the job though, nobody held a gun to his head.  He is human and I can accept that he and the people around him will make mistakes, but this is kinda a big thing so they need to learn from their mistakes and learn quickly.

This weekend, starting this evening, will be a watershed moment in his time as PM.  He HAS to get it right.  Right now.  

This country needs a strong and decisive leader right now, Boris needs to step up, or step down.

6 minutes ago, adam1 said:

Suggest taking time to read whats quoted and try to avoid being so reactionary. This is a dreadful situation, and one no-one (literally no-one) has ever had to deal with before.

Don`t care who is in charge of the country, but as long as they have the scientific facts available too them and use them as best they can, then we continue onto tomorrow.

:scarf:

• Like 1