Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

23 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

No point criticising or calling for a manager’s head midway through a season. We should all be getting behind the team and not questioning anything mid-season. We can do the post-morgen once we’ve been relegated and are preparing for life in The Championship so that we’ve learnt the lessons for next time around.

Yeah you're right, why don't we sack the PM and have another General Election right now for everyone to focus on instead?

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Imagine thinking that a few blokes pointing out governmental failings on a football forum is somehow detrimental to the nation's handling of the virus.  As if me pointing out that it may have helped slow the onset if we implemented temperature screening at airports when cases started showing up in Europe (as far as I know we've done nothing in this regard) is somehow going to collapse the NHS' capacity to handle cases any more than a decade of austerity and stagnating funding.

Yes, that’s right. As every single poster on here is not indicative of the populace as a whole and is a true independent thinker :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yes, that’s right. As every single poster on here is not indicative of the populace as a whole and is a true independent thinker :rolleyes:

When people start going out there and actively impeding mitigation efforts to make their point like we're seeing in some US states I'll be right alongside you criticising their selfishness.  In the meantime please stop playing morality police.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Carl the Llama said:

When people start going out there and actively impeding mitigation efforts to make their point like we're seeing in some US states I'll be right alongside you criticising their selfishness.  In the meantime please stop playing morality police.

Morality police? I have zero idea (Honestly) what you can be referring too! My post was attempting to infer that comments on here are indicative of national opinions, so demanding instant responses from the Government does indeed amount to more than just a discrete posters viewpoint. 

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Never in my life seen a response by a government body like something to a trip advisor complaint. 

We had a 48 hour delay for PPE coming in from Turkey. Same organisation in relation to PPE rewrote the rules to address a shortage. Rather than sort the storage. It’s been said some trusts are better prepared with large stock. Surely we can add the numbers together and get trusts with less stock provided with some from those with plenty. Better for a four hour journey by road than sea and plane. 

Hancock spent end of last week saying he’s concerned about potential cancer patients stepping forward and said in the same interview that cancer treatment is ongoing. Well it’s all but stopped except extreme cases. That’s before we get to his presenting of the care badge as some new thing when it’s been out for a year now. 

A complete fudged testing policy which means NHS staff asking for a test but showing no symptoms being refused a test. Yet it’s an accepted fact that you can show no symptoms and still be infectious. 

Ive picked three points which have irk me in the last five days. If the government is not held on this now, then we continue where we are. Fully in line to become the worlds worst affected country by it.

Ultimately there’s a complete recurrence to throw their hands up and admit some areas have badly performed. Others bed capacity excellent.

Democracy process when a leading party is debated, examined and held to account. Regardless of colour to the party that rings true. 

Quite possibly the most nauseating vomit inducing press conference I've ever heard from government minister. My wife, who is a care worker, was not impressed and I simply can't repeat her language on a public forum.

Edited by reynard
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Charl91 said:

I'm actually really enjoying this whole lockdown m'larkey.

I hate it but I have managed to save so much money over the last month that I wouldn't usually do. I spend so much on petrol, food on lunch, after work etc. I've paid off all my credit card debt (only £750) but I never would have managed that without.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Morality police? I have zero idea (Honestly) what you can be referring too! My post was attempting to infer that comments on here are indicative of national opinions, so demanding instant responses from the Government does indeed amount to more than just a discrete posters viewpoint. 

The FoxesTalk Siren must be ringing a fair amount in No10. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

People make me laugh. The whole we want answers now mob, get their voice from The Times (of all places!), and the government spend time addressing the points raised. 
Time better spent negotiating for PPE?
And. Y bugbear time, are people seriously oblivious to the fact we live in a capitalist world? Did anyone hear that the US cancelled a shipment of PPE to Canada? The fiasco with the Turkish PPE?

You get outbid, you lose. You pay too much, you lose later. 

Time to start with the michael caine The Italian Job stuff. "Theres 400,000 kebab shops in England, if you don't send us the face masks, every single one of them gets it." 

Was coping well enough with the lockdown until today. We had our 4 year old cocker spaniel pass away at the vets after dropping him off on Saturday.

Feels like we’ve lost a family member so can only imagine how bad it must be knowing that not only are family members unable to see their ill family members, but the person in hospital knowing what’s going on. At least the poor dog was out of it and unaware.

• Sad 6

15 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

If you don't know what I'm talking about then you need to go back to the top of the page and re-read the comment you were quoting me on.  I'm talking about the 'now is not the time to criticise, we need to pull through this' spiel.  Pointing out the mistakes being made is not going to compromise anything.  It's a silly argument that only serves to stifle debate.  If you were talking about something completely separate I can't help that and you shouldn't have quoted my comment to say it.  That's all I have to say on the matter, there's no point stretching this into a long debate of its own.

Edited by Carl the Llama

1 minute ago, Wet Trump said:

Was coping well enough with the lockdown until today. We had our 4 year old cocker spaniel pass away at the vets after dropping him off on Saturday.

Feels like we’ve lost a family member so can only imagine how bad it must be knowing that not only are family members unable to see their ill family members, but the person in hospital knowing what’s going on. At least the poor dog was out of it and unaware.

I'm sorry to hear that. Things are difficult enough as it is without that kind of news. Best wishes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Never in my life seen a response by a government body like something to a trip advisor complaint. 

We had a 48 hour delay for PPE coming in from Turkey. Same organisation in relation to PPE rewrote the rules to address a shortage. Rather than sort the storage. It’s been said some trusts are better prepared with large stock. Surely we can add the numbers together and get trusts with less stock provided with some from those with plenty. Better for a four hour journey by road than sea and plane. 

Hancock spent end of last week saying he’s concerned about potential cancer patients stepping forward and said in the same interview that cancer treatment is ongoing. Well it’s all but stopped except extreme cases. That’s before we get to his presenting of the care badge as some new thing when it’s been out for a year now. 

A complete fudged testing policy which means NHS staff asking for a test but showing no symptoms being refused a test. Yet it’s an accepted fact that you can show no symptoms and still be infectious. 

Ive picked three points which have irk me in the last five days. If the government is not held on this now, then we continue where we are. Fully in line to become the worlds worst affected country by it.

Ultimately there’Os a complete recurrence to throw their hands up and admit some areas have badly performed. Others bed capacity excellent.

Democracy process when a leading party is debated, examined and held to account. Regardless of colour to the party that rings true. 

Agree...

I also question,why Government didnt turn to  the massive British small & large mode( clothing) industry,who were the First Non- Essential Jobs Management & workers,who got Media Time on their sorry struggles..Not ask but demand support in turning their skills into supplying ,the needed material, clothes,gowns and even Face masks,to across the Board Care & Medical services....In World wars,the Govt demanded,even expected an awray of Materialsfrom Businesses and the workers/public ..

I find it quite confusing,that the Govt. Didnt Think of bringing this to the fore a few weeks ago...Instead of relying on the odd charitable individuals clever ideas,and rely  upon unknown supplies from  afar...

The Uk  could surely produce, in this time of need, from the Uk-Mode business an high  % of needed PPE clothing,even Working locally,for their Local Hospitals,Care-home,Mobile Care nursing staff...Then some parts of the mode/clothing Industry would become essential....we have a large und Various Asian & European Immigrant small Business communities,who are also in the hosiery/Clothing industry,plus the established larger firms....

I know of a couple of Asian,European friends,who have businesses,that offered their services,and started and Opened up the suggestion,but found little Authority  support and response to create an healthy supply-chain...Hss globalisation,Stopped us thinking & acting locally for the Wide-spread National good..???

If the Farming Industry harvest Suffers due to lack of Immigrant seasonal workers,it would be a catastrophy and pathetic organisation...!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

If you don't know what I'm talking about then you need to go back to the top of the page and re-read the comment you were quoting me on.  I'm talking about the 'now is not the time to criticise, we need to pull through this' spiel.  Pointing out the mistakes being made is not going to compromise anything.  It's a silly argument that only serves to stifle debate.  If you were talking about something completely separate I can't help that and you shouldn't have quoted my comment to say it.  That's all I have to say on the matter, there's no point stretching this into a long debate of its own.

Doubt it.

• Haha 3

If you don't know what I'm talking about then you need to go back to the top of the page and re-read the comment you were quoting me on.  I'm talking about the 'now is not the time to criticise, we need to pull through this' spiel.  Pointing out the mistakes being made is not going to compromise anything.  It's a silly argument that only serves to stifle debate.  If you were talking about something completely separate I can't help that and you shouldn't have quoted my comment to say it.

Of course it does not stifle debate, that is a preposterous viewpoint. I have never ever said the Government gets carte blanche, they should be held to task. I am of the opinion that the time to do this is after the worst of crisis is behind us and I make no apologies for that opinion and if that means I am silly in your eyes then so be it. :dunno:

(but don’t you feel that is kinda stifling debate....?)

17 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I'm sorry to hear that. Things are difficult enough as it is without that kind of news. Best wishes.

Appreciate it.

It’s awful. Feels like we’ve lost our best friend when we needed him the most.

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Of course it does not stifle debate, that is a preposterous viewpoint. I have never ever said the Government gets carte blanche, they should be held to task. I am of the opinion that the time to do this is after the worst of crisis is behind us and I make no apologies for that opinion and if that means I am silly in your eyes then so be it. :dunno:

(but don’t you feel that is kinda stifling debate....?)

Dude you're literally advocating for the absence of debate until a nonspecific later date while I'm saying to just talk about it as and when.  Come on now.

10 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Doubt it.

Don't you even (yes I'm stifling your debate).

• Haha 1

Dude you're literally advocating for the absence of debate until a nonspecific later date while I'm saying to just talk about it as and when.  Come on now.

Don't you even (yes I'm stifling your debate).

:thumbup:

52 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Yeah you're right, why don't we sack the PM and have another General Election right now for everyone to focus on instead?

Oh I wasn’t advocating for the prime minister to be sacked now. If we got to the point that decisions were so bad that a horrendous number would lose their life then, yes, I would. That wouldn’t require a general election: we elected the party and not Boris.

The point is that if you don’t intervene when bad decisions are being made then you only end up at the end road of those bad decisions. Scrutiny and accountability now might change the outcome.

• Like 1