Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

Guest Cujek

Anyone moaning about delivery drivers delivering stuff can do one. 

Seriously, without them the country would really be grinding to a halt. 

We praise the NHS and rightly so, but there are so many others that are keeping this country safe and running that no one seems to think of. 

I am classed as a key worker, not because of the job I do particularly but without me and people like me, parts of the national infrastructure could collapse, we are all parts of wheels that need to keep turning, I could also be called upon to work on the emergency side of my business then you really would be happy I was classed as a key worker. 

Don't judge to harsh you might be jumping to the wrong conclusion about people. M

I leave the house, by car once a week to get perishable food like fruit, bread and milk, I trawl the asda app every day 10 or so times a day to get a click and collect slot so I don't have to go in a supermarket. 

My 4 year old hasn't seen her friends or grandparents since mid march, she hasn't been to a park or done anything she used to love, we go for one walk a day and she plays in the garden (yes I know not all have gardens). 

I don't really know what I'm waffling about I just wanted to splurge some words I think 

I heard on the radio yesterday (doctor) that year had identified why this particular coronavirus can cause the loss of small and taste. Other respiratory virus can also cause this symptom. 

if the govt don’t identify this as a reason to self isolate then they are encouraging infectious people to be out and about. Given that many who suffer these symptoms feel generally well, they won’t be feeling ill and staying home. 

as some have mused before, maybe they aren’t bothered about a background level of infection ongoing??

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, StanSP said:

It’s just brilliant .....

they’ve obviously discussed these things and you can see her thinking as he talks about the UV light  .......please don’t talk about the bleach.....please don’t mention the bleach ....... and then the realisation....... he’s talking about  the bleach ..........

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Russell sprout said:

I feel I’m and maybe others in a catch 22 situation,

im currently on furlough pay till I return but my employer has emailed everyone explaining that to ‘cut costs’ on our return some staff may be laid off,

I have only been in my position since end of November and I think I’ll be laid off on my return,

i have been looking for work whilst off but everything is short term work so I’m shitting it like many others wondering how I will support my family,

some may say why do they think I’ll be laid off,

I work for a small independent company having left a national company and my role is a new role within the business,

its office based and I’m never rushed off my feet on a good day so I think they’ll let me go to ‘cut costs’ but I also don’t wanna quit my job for another job if it’s only temporary so really don’t know wot to do🤦‍♂️

If your current employer doesn't have a problem with it and presumabky you let a prospective employer, you can take temporary work elsewhere and still receive your furlough pay. So you wouldn't have to quit your job and you could wait to see if there'll be a job to go back to whilst also having temporary work to boost your income that could turn permanent anyway. 

Personally in the shitter. Left my job for a new job at exactly the wrong time, was taking a big paycut to do it anyway but then had the new job offer withdrawn. Ol workplace was gonna take me back to furlough me but they then decided not to cos they're not furloughing anyone else. Job hunting is this climate is more painful and less effective than repeatedly hitting yourself in the balls as contraception. Stressful and really getting to me now

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Sir Shep said:

I think I’ve seen them as well, I say think as they bomb past my house so quick I don’t really get a chance to tell! Music blaring, no gears above second, slamming doors, proper rude boys!

I'm a driver for DPD, thanks

12 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Have seen quite a few DPD vans on the roads, as if it's a normal day, in the past week.

Do doubt they're classed as 'key workers', alongside the other numerous courier service companies.

I drive for DPD, amongst many things we've been delivering food parcels, PPE, sanitary equipment, medical equipment (colostomy bags etc). True there's alot of stuff that probably is unnecessary but if folk are still ordering their asos, new look etc then we have to deliver it 

It has been busier than before Christmas 

• Like 3

it is staggering what this is going to cost government, it will be a big challenge for the chancellor to work out how to pay for it afterwards because austerity won't be popular. the economy needs to restart or it is going to be even eye watering for longer

10 hours ago, Russell sprout said:

I feel I’m and maybe others in a catch 22 situation,

im currently on furlough pay till I return but my employer has emailed everyone explaining that to ‘cut costs’ on our return some staff may be laid off,

I have only been in my position since end of November and I think I’ll be laid off on my return,

i have been looking for work whilst off but everything is short term work so I’m shitting it like many others wondering how I will support my family,

some may say why do they think I’ll be laid off,

I work for a small independent company having left a national company and my role is a new role within the business,

its office based and I’m never rushed off my feet on a good day so I think they’ll let me go to ‘cut costs’ but I also don’t wanna quit my job for another job if it’s only temporary so really don’t know wot to do🤦‍♂️

Talk to your boss.  Maybe you can agree that if you find another role they will pay you something.

48 minutes ago, Desabafar said:

it is staggering what this is going to cost government, it will be a big challenge for the chancellor to work out how to pay for it afterwards because austerity won't be popular. the economy needs to restart or it is going to be even eye watering for longer

It’s a totally shocking number for four months and the tax take will plummet too (inc CT next year).  The 225 billion may not even cover the requirement to end July ! 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-52397294

What are people's thoughts on this?

The article seems to make it feel quite sympathetic but all I could think was he deserved to lose his job, starting his masters degree and spend the night in jail for spreading dangerous misinformation. Not to mention he's completely wasted police time at a time when they're needed to administer the lockdown.

This "I was doing a social experiment" defence is so ridiculous. He talks about his own anxiety but obviously didn't think for one second what it would do to his friends, family, neighbours and local community's mental health too.

Edited by Sampson

39 minutes ago, Sampson said:

The article seems to make it feel quite sympathetic but all I could think was he deserved to lose his job, starting his masters degree and spend the night in jail for spreading dangerous misinformation. Not to mention he's completely wasted police time at a time when they're needed to administer the lockdown.

This "I was doing a social experiment" defence is so ridiculous. He talks about his own anxiety but obviously didn't think for one second what it would do to his friends, family, neighbours and local community's mental health too.

I’d say he deserves everything he gets, but it is a fine line between combatting misinformation, and authorities shutting down debate, criticism and scrutiny.

Edited by WigstonWanderer

1 hour ago, Kopfkino said:

If your current employer doesn't have a problem with it and presumabky you let a prospective employer, you can take temporary work elsewhere and still receive your furlough pay. So you wouldn't have to quit your job and you could wait to see if there'll be a job to go back to whilst also having temporary work to boost your income that could turn permanent anyway. 

Personally in the shitter. Left my job for a new job at exactly the wrong time, was taking a big paycut to do it anyway but then had the new job offer withdrawn. Ol workplace was gonna take me back to furlough me but they then decided not to cos they're not furloughing anyone else. Job hunting is this climate is more painful and less effective than repeatedly hitting yourself in the balls as contraception. Stressful and really getting to me now

What industry are you in? A friend of mine owns a reputable recruitment firm. 

27 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Social Experiment lol

You were pranking for kicks you tw@t

It's already really glaring but the economic cost of this will be astonishing and no industry will be able to hide from it, or very few! Expect some hideous rates of income tax, VAT rises etc to pay for this....that is if anone has any money or in a job to get taxed. Frightening times ahead 

1 hour ago, Sampson said:

download.jpeg.b1aeecbbed842f3a857e1400bac69529.jpeg

2 hours ago, Desabafar said:

Perfectly viable according to oz. :whistle:

The media needs to take a long hard look at itself once this is all over.  It was bad enough during Brexit, but for a lot of people the endless gotcha/dogpile/attack form of journalism has gone down like cold sick during this crisis.

image.thumb.png.07ab6348eae6835559ade120871907b5.png