Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

39 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

Zambia checking on three potential cases. I am sure it is here already, just not been tested properly for. The hospital responsible is not very good at all. 

We've just cancelled a conference for businesses from a European country to Zambia. Still supposed to be going to the European country end of April. But I can't see that happening.

I can assure you it's all over Africa they just arnt testing for it, many Covid 19 cases in the uk are African.

Edited by z-layrex

39 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

Zambia checking on three potential cases. I am sure it is here already, just not been tested properly for. The hospital responsible is not very good at all. 

We've just cancelled a conference for businesses from a European country to Zambia. Still supposed to be going to the European country end of April. But I can't see that happening.

Double post.

Edited by z-layrex

I'm wondering how people's workplaces have put plans into action to lessen the risk.

Cos Royal Mail are doing naff all. We don't even get a daily clean and frequently run out of soap in the toilets.

17 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Not sure whether to go Watford now, looking like a stupid decision but then I don't know if I'm being stupid and panicking without good reason too.

act like you are an ultra and put a bandana on your face!

the press conference was very good cos at least it helped to understand the rationale behind their thinking from the people that know what they are talking about. they may get it wrong and we suffer the consequences of that but nobody knows the best strategy. i wanted more stricter action but i can see where they're coming from and it was explained clearly which is good. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Not sure whether to go Watford now, looking like a stupid decision but then I don't know if I'm being stupid and panicing without good reason too.

In my opinion (uneducated in healthcare), if you’re going to carry on going to work, the supermarket, pubs/bars. I wouldn’t personally stop going to the football if I was coming into contact with people every day regardless. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Sampson said:

They're only testing people in hospital or who get the respiratory symptoms though. Exactly like the UK just announced.

People with just the flu part and not the respiratory infection will very likely just be told to self-isolate and not get tested.

I think it's likely there's 100,000+ people with it there in reality.

Seems a sensible model to follow...

Also some people have it stipulated that their company only considers them ill if they are positively tested.

31 minutes ago, shanetko said:

Ireland have only 43 cases but are taking decisive action to stop the spread. 
We’re told to wash our hands and keep a stiff upper lip. 
Nearly all other countries sport is now gonna be either postponed or behind closed doors. Lots is already. Again no action here.

We’re just following Italy on that curve and ignoring it and not acting. 
It’s like our government actually want thousands to die.

Pure guess work, but would Ireland be relying on/ hoping for some E.U funding to tackle the spread? and is it possible that the E.U funding is only released after certain criteria ( Infection rates) is met?

Edited by MPH

13 minutes ago, bmt said:

Our model of “fighting” this (do nothing) is clearly a political move to reduce the size of the state by killing off the vulnerable. Discuss 

:ph34r:

Not saying it's my preferred option, but I'm a couple of kung flu deaths away from a 6 figure inheritance at a time when the stock market is ripe for some easy pickings. :ph34r:

Messing ofc. Nobody wants to see people die no matter what their age. If the state wanted to kill off a bunch of elderly/already sick folk, a few weeks of "importing issues" surrounding medicines would get the job done far better than this virus I'd imagine. 

2 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Still think that closing borders achieves nothing?

I don’t think that’s what I was arguing- I was arguing about the timeframe, and saying it needed to be accompanied by other activities here to achieve something. 

26 minutes ago, kingfox said:

The online graph is already bollocks.

News reporting 5 cases in Leicestershire, 0 in the city.

Graph says 2 cases in Leicestershire, 2 in the city.

So which is it :dunno:

couple of people clearly on the bus from Coalville

so i have a bible app that sends me a verse for the day. Today’s verse is ( and i’m not joking!):

“Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.”
‭‭James‬ ‭4:8‬ ‭

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, pds said:

With the new advice bit confused about what to do with my son and school. He's had a continuous cough for weeks and is on antibiotics. Should I now keep him off?

Symptoms last for about a week and after 7 days they don't think you're infectious. They said earlier that it's a dry continuous cough.  If he's had it for weeks, it's probably not Coronavirus.

What they didn't say, but I will add is... Don't take medical advice from FoxesTalk.

• Haha 1