Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

10 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

What dyou reckons more tedious?

People condescendingly telling you not to panic, or people hysterically telling you to panic.

For sure the people telling you not to panic, they clearly are of selfish nature (or ignorant), governments would not take the measures they if they did not believe that this was serious baring in mind it could potentially cripple economies. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Probably people taking the high ground and sitting on the fence, like yourself.

By taking the high ground and sitting on the fence do you mean not being a medic, epidemiologist or someone in any kind of position of authority?

7 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

And these are exactly my views. As somebody is in the younger age category - am I worried about dying from it? No.

am I worried about getting it and passing it on to somebody who isn’t in that age category? Yes.

My point is that not only should you not be worried about dying from it, you should not be worried about getting it at all. Just look at the current numbers and multiply them by however much you like, you're still so unlikely to get it.

I just think people see numbers and think they're big. THOUSANDS sounds big. 

This is to significantly underestimate the number of people, erm, that there are.

19 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

What dyou reckons more tedious?

People condescendingly telling you not to panic, or people hysterically telling you to panic.

I'm hysterically telling everyone to stay calm.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, hejammy said:

For sure the people telling you not to panic, they clearly are of selfish nature (or ignorant), governments would not take the measures they if they did not believe that this was serious baring in mind it could potentially cripple economies. 

What's the point in panicking? Just take rational steps to protect yourself and others. Panicking, irrational responses are going to affect you more long term. This is not some apocalyptic, nuclear, end of times type thing, it's a pandemic which humans always get through. 

3 minutes ago, Lionator said:

What's the point in panicking? Just take rational steps to protect yourself and others. Panicking, irrational responses are going to affect you more long term. This is not some apocalyptic, nuclear, end of times type thing, it's a pandemic which humans always get through. 

I didn't say there was a point in panicking, the question was which was the most tedious of the 2 and i gave my thoughts, both are bad but being ignorant is better than over cautious

1 hour ago, Blackboots only said:

I’m currently in Leicester city centre. 
It’s like a Sunday morning, very few people about compared to a usual week day. 

went the boozer on monday for our game and again last night to watch livpool, was the only set of people in there on monday and it was probably at best half full last night. a normal liverpool game is standing room only. well weird. 

2 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Well yeah. Common sense. As is washing your hands. I wash my hands.

Just as it is common sense to treat this pandemic with some caution. if 10,000 - 15,000 people get it in this country, which is likely, the NHS will cripple.

11 minutes ago, Ollie93 said:

Just as it is common sense to treat this pandemic with some caution. if 10,000 - 15,000 people get it in this country, which is likely, the NHS will cripple.

Yeah, true.

You/others have convinced me that the precautions being taken are worthwhile.

But the panic on an individual level definitely shouldn't exist.

Also just very annoying for me on a personal level as my travel plans are looking bleaker by the second.

23 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Yeah, true.

You/others have convinced me that the precautions being taken are worthwhile.

But the panic on an individual level definitely shouldn't exist.

Also just very annoying for me on a personal level as my travel plans are looking bleaker by the second.

I've got 17 days in Japan booked for end of April lol

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

I'm hysterically telling everyone to stay calm.

1 hour ago, bovril said:

Make a joke out of it - good strategy. 

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

I've just made three or four decent posts arguing someone else's point that we shouldn't give a **** about it, and that's the one you decide to quote?

Anyway it's partially true. We have to be wary, but calm. Whenever I've spoke to people from either camp, I've either tried to rationally calm them down, or to push them into a little bit of urgency.

And final point, you can joke about anything, my little quip won't make it spread quicker. Plenty of people have joked in this thread already.

It was my own (poor attempt) at humour, a pun on the word 'hysterical'. 

Everyone a bit on edge....

5 minutes ago, bovril said:

It was my own (poor attempt) at humour, a pun on the word 'hysterical'. 

Everyone a bit on edge....

That's for too subtle a joke for me lol 

9 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

There are far more cases than are being reported on. People are calling 111 and being made to wait days for a test.

Not even a slight surprise if we're only testing 1000 people a day. Can imagine the amount of idiots with a common cold ringing up in hysterics. Hell, people rang 999 because their pizza had the wrong toppings ffs. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Not even a slight surprise if we're only testing 1000 people a day. Can imagine the amount of idiots with a common cold ringing up in hysterics. Hell, people rang 999 because their pizza had the wrong toppings ffs. 

Did the pizza get taken to A & E?