Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

17 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I already work from home 3 days a week, so it won't be much change for me. Will save a few hundred quid a month in train fares to and from London though which I'll blow on pizzas.

tbf my job literally requires sporting events to happen, so i ain't gonna have a great deal of work to do from home thinking about it. 

this is one of the craziest thing that's happened for decades, surely. the normal, everyday world is literally shutting down. mad. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Just because one person was tested quickly doesn't mean the rest are. People have rang 111 and been told to wait for a response, they haven't heard anything back.

This whole situation is madness, I've never seen anything like it (nor have many others I'd imagine). Has there ever been a virus outbreak quite like this within Europe?

This was Leicester Royal A+E, and they said everybody who was going in was getting seen relatively quickly, and the waiting room was packed when they were there. Might not be like this all over the country but it seems like Leicester Royal are doing a decent job of diagnosing people quickly

111 definitely aren't putting people on a waiting list let's put it that way,  they have no right to do that anyway, they either tell you to stay at home or go to a+e

Edited by MrSpaM

40 minutes ago, bss9401 said:

Andrea Leadsom said today that she attended a meeting yesterday with Lords and MP's and they all sat at separate tables, several feet apart. To a later question she argued that cleaners and care workers being paid a pittance should carry on working because it's their duty.

So.

It's fine for plebs to clean up crap and wipe bums but she won't sit next to someone who probably owns half of Somerset.

And we have to trust these people to make best interests decisions?

I think I'd rather trust the care worker for a fair and proactive opinion.

She's terrible. Typical behaviour and true to type. I know several care workers and they are very worried about the lack of governement leadership on this.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

This was Leicester Royal A+E, and they said everybody who was going in was getting seen relatively quickly, and the waiting room was packed when they were there. Might not be like this all over the country but it seems like Leicester Royal are doing a decent job of diagnosing people quickly

111 definitely aren't putting people on a waiting list let's put it that way,  they have no right to do that anyway, they either tell you to stay at home or go to a+e

So you may as well just go down to a & e and tell them 111 told you to go down.

1 hour ago, MrSpaM said:

Person I know rang 111, was told to go to a+e, and was seen within 15 minutes yesterday

Not sure where you're hearing what your hearing from but it's not true

It's almost like they are deciding whether people actually need treatment or should stay at home!

1 minute ago, Jon the Hat said:

Don't panic, listen to the Chief Scientific Officer instead.  Very calming.  Impressive man.  Also the Cheif Medical officer now talking.

They’ve both set out their plan. People won’t agree but it makes sense to me within a realistic context. 

4 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

So you may as well just go down to a & e and tell them 111 told you to go down.

Or just stay home unless you actually need A&E treatment?  The point of 111 is to triage cases which need care, not to decide if you need testing.  Numbers who are infected don't really matter.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lionator said:

They’ve both set out their plan. People won’t agree but it makes sense to me within a realistic context. 

I think it will save our economy vs other countries.  Very pragmatic approach.  I feel a cough coming on.

This press conference with Boris and the experts is very well explained. I've learnt a lot and I've been trying to keep informed. Especially the reasons why they will be asking people to do things as time progresses but not currently and explaining the different stages.

I'd advise anyone to sit down and watch it online or if it's repeated. 

Edited by Guesty
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Guesty said:

This press conference with Boris and the experts is very well explained. I've learnt a lot and I've been trying to keep informed. Especially the reasons why they will be asking people to do things as time progresses but not currently and explaining the different stages.

Agreed; Two excellent experts, just what we need at this point, not panic and Trumpesque patting ourselves on the back and blaming the Chinese / Europeans / Mexicans (probably next).

Edited by Jon the Hat

15 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Covering all the bases:

Well, fvck. Why has nobody done this before? 

Cancel the precautions. We're all cured. 

Thanks, Jesus.

(seriously, this conman is worth $760 million. All from donations. and Americans wonder why the world thinks they're fvcking daft)

Edited by RoboFox

2 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Not even a slight surprise if we're only testing 1000 people a day. Can imagine the amount of idiots with a common cold ringing up in hysterics. Hell, people rang 999 because their pizza had the wrong toppings ffs. 

WTF!

I just don’t get some people at all, the level intellect in this country is appalling. How the fùck do you get a topping wrong?

• Haha 1

so my sister just came back from a holiday in Egypt. there were many people in her resort  including quite a few Italians.

shes come back and isn’t feeling well. kind of achy and under the weather .  she called 111 but apparently they won’t test her because she hasn’t been to a high risk area. 

fair enough , she might have just caught a cold or something probably doesn’t have the covid19 but wouldn’t it be safer to be testing her? it’s little gaps like this that could cause carriers  to slip through the net undetected and that’s it, BOOM. 

As an aside Egypt itself has had less than 100 cases but it still accounts for more than half the cases in all of Africa..

8 minutes ago, Guesty said:

Definitely, they are doing a good job of explaining their rationale. I think before they suggested that it will be 5/6 weeks before they would start closing schools, which conveniently (from the date they announced) coincides with Easter. 

Just now, MPH said:

so my sister just came back from a holiday in Egypt. there were many people in her resort  including quite a few Italians.

shes come back and isn’t feeling well. kind of achy and under the weather .  she called 111 but apparently they won’t test her because she hasn’t been to a high risk area. 

fair enough , she might have just caught a cold or something probably doesn’t have the covid19 but wouldn’t it be safer to be testing her? it’s little gaps like this that could cause carriers  to slip through the net undetected and that’s it, BOOM. 

As an aside Egypt itself has had less than 100 cases but it still accounts for more than half the cases in all of Africa..

Under the new advice if she's ill, regardless of whether she is seen as being at risk, the guidance would be to self-isolate for 7 days, and not to phone 111 unless symptoms worsen.