Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Youri Tielemans

2 minutes ago, Shane said:

Thing is with Youri he has that one moment of brilliance every game. That pass to put Vardy through when he hit the post was Mahrez esque. I can’t remember the last time Maddison or our other attacking players did something like that. 

A while ago but probably Maddison vs Sheff Utd. May be others since then but that was first one that came to my mind.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Shane said:

Thing is with Youri he has that one moment of brilliance every game. That pass to put Vardy through when he hit the post was Mahrez esque. I can’t remember the last time Maddison or our other attacking players did something like that. 

Maddison played in Nacho yesterday? a better touch from Nacho could have lead to a goal.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Shane said:

You can't rely on one good pass a game surely, that's hardly brilliance!

• Like 1

I’d just make the point about Youri that he’s one of the players we have looking to play through the lines. We are getting an awful lot of criticism for tapping it about side to side, Youri misplaces passes as he’s trying them with a greater difficulty. 

PS I really do think the lad is mint and when he’s on it, he’s a step ahead of the opposition. You can see him ticking over with that at the moment and it’s not coming. His confidence is down 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He is a 70 minute player at the minute, there's little wrong with his performances in the last month or so except for he runs out of steam and it might have cost us in the closing stages of games. I don't know if he is unfit, he is often our number 1 player at distance covered in matches and I don't buy in to the fact he is fat and not taking training seriously as everything you read about him he's a model professional who works tirelessly at his game. I think the obstacle for him that might well prevent him from being one of the best midfielders in Europe is his engine.

We are very lucky to have him and he will improve I've every confidence.

I never understand why we don't sub him in the second halves - he was absolutely blowing against man c. They score, we know we're going to have to press hard as they try to keep possession to see the game out, and yet we bring praet off instead. 

It is probably his first year going through such a hectic winter period of games though, so we should cut him some slack. 

1 hour ago, Fktf said:

I never understand why we don't sub him in the second halves - he was absolutely blowing against man c. They score, we know we're going to have to press hard as they try to keep possession to see the game out, and yet we bring praet off instead. 

It is probably his first year going through such a hectic winter period of games though, so we should cut him some slack. 

We did it vs Wolves and although we then saw Choudhury get sent off it was still the correct decision at the time.

Guest An Sionnach

I would think that he is as fit as he can be at this time of the season as he has done a massive amount of running . Every player is different , some are stayers , some are not. Praet looks as though he could do 180 mins. no problem. Trouble is you can't take a break in premiership football especially not a CM like him. Rodgers will have to think 60mins. then sub.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought Youri was quality when he came on last night. Brilliant in our 4th goal and nearly an assist for Albrighton at the end. He’s so good when we’re playing with our full attacking flair.

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

He is quality but Praet has grabbed his spot for the moment so he is going to have to work to get it back or take Madders place.

The fact we had midfielders waiting to take Youri Tielemans’ place is absolutely astounding considering where we were 10 years ago.

• Like 1

It’s a shame he can’t get in the team right now because he’s looked really lively on his last two sub appearances.

He’s a more inventive passer than any other player in the squad, Maddison included.