Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Youri Tielemans

To me, everyone needs to defend. It is part of the modern game and by his standards he did alright today although crucially he did not chase down Mahrez leading up to the goal.

His biggest problem for me in the past few months has been his insufficient concentration and awareness. He gets dispossessed easily and he lets others intercepts passes for him because he is too casual and does not look around him. It is like playing football down at the park. He really needs to pick this up.

His brilliance is there - eg his quick release for Vardy leading up to that great chance in the first half - and this is why I suppose Rodgers leave him in games. We need someone like him to create clear cut chances which he is capable of (better than Maddison at that), but otherwise for 70 mins of the game he just does not concentrate enough. It is a mental thing but you can see it on his face - contrast Vardy who always look super intensely concentrated.

On 17/02/2020 at 08:43, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Needs to shred some body weight imo. 

I couldn't agree more, and I'm referring to muscle as muscle more than anything, before anyone suggests I'm a hater.

It's a fine balance between power and mobility, and the power will be helping in the tussles, but the PL is an unforgiving place for a box to box midfielder.

13 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

To me, everyone needs to defend. It is part of the modern game and by his standards he did alright today although crucially he did not chase down Mahrez leading up to the goal.

His biggest problem for me in the past few months has been his insufficient concentration and awareness. He gets dispossessed easily and he lets others intercepts passes for him because he is too casual and does not look around him. It is like playing football down at the park. He really needs to pick this up.

His brilliance is there - eg his quick release for Vardy leading up to that great chance in the first half - and this is why I suppose Rodgers leave him in games. We need someone like him to create clear cut chances which he is capable of (better than Maddison at that), but otherwise for 70 mins of the game he just does not concentrate enough. It is a mental thing but you can see it on his face - contrast Vardy who always look super intensely concentrated.

I suppose that like many of our players, he is just short of that maturity that another couple of years will give him.

Madders, Chillers, Barnes and Youri are all some way off where they can be, and it is frustrating to watch at times. Imho we are struggling to deliver consistent performances across the XI, albeit at a higher level than any previous LCFC side that I have seen.

Can't be too down about today, but we need to get some momentum going for everyone's confidence to fully return.

Edited by Vardinio'sCat
  • Like 1

He really isn't a very mobile player at all.

Some great through balls at times, but he has a touch of the Maguires about him, in that at least once a game he will criminally underhit a pass in a dangerous position to give the opposition a golden opportunity to score.

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

He's just Matty James with a fancy foreign name 😁..

So slow and ponderous again today..

We've been had!..(again!!).

Tielemans has scored as many goals in the last 31 games as Matty James has in his previous 117.

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Needs to spend part of this summer with a sprint coach to get him sharper over the first 3 or 4 yards.

He is a quality player, but he needs to get into a condition where he can stamp that quality on games more often.

At the moment he is too much of a luxury to carry. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tom12345 said:

Absolutely spot on. He has the skill but sometimes almost comes off lazy with his demeanor on the field. Very frustrating to watch. Especially when they just seem to ease him off the ball and seems to take a week to decide who to pass to.

Guest An Sionnach

He is one of those players who will look better in slow paced international football than in the intensity of top class club football. Can he adapt ? Do we have the patience?

12 hours ago, LestaAl said:

Today was similar to many games of his recently.. a few excellent passes interspaced with numerous attempts at giving the ball away

But weirdly, he was only dispossessed once and had a better pass completion than de Bruyne.

It's the type of passes that these players do, they're high risk, high reward type of passes.

When they come off, they're spectacular, but when they don't, they quite often lead to a counter attack of some kind.