Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Manini

Adam Lallana

11 hours ago, Stadt said:

£5-10m in wages 

But what do you get for 5-10m in the transfer market, a very average championship player thats all going to be cost 2.5millon on wages on top of a transfer fee.

Some of he's wages will be offset by the releases of Andy King who is going to be on 2-3m a year. 

11 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

with him also being the age of 32; the lack of playing time in his last six years is concerning. I hope we steer clear.

To be fair I don't think we are bring him in to play 38 games a season, it about impose squad depth to allow a little more rotation 

11 hours ago, st albans fox said:

And the rest .......with a s/o fee, double that to 20m over four years 

No way are we signing on a 4 year contract at 32!

2 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

The 'who cares, it's not my money' line is genuinely the oddest and most redundant argument. It wasn't Portsmouth's fans money when they were spaffing it away on has-beens either, nor Boltons.

People are allowed to be wary where their club's cash is going.

You’re comparing Top to Portsmouth shareholders? lol 

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

...is almost entirely missing the point

Yep. Wasted money on bad transfers/signings takes time to correct and makes it more difficult to bring in other targets.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, henrik_62 said:

Lallana would have been an awful signing, an absolute panic buy who would do nothing to improve the first 11.

Firstly he's not a buy, other than signing of fee and wages. Thought he could be a good addition to the squad as he is an upgrade on some we have on the bench and has a really fantastic attitude, which could help develop Barnes and Gray.

Edited by MGLCFC

41 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

I think the solution is just buying most of Brentford's attacking players; not Albrighton.

or just sign all those AZ players that Flair knows about. I trust Flair.

Why am I talking about Albrighton! I meant Lallana!

4 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

Lallana would have been an awful signing, an absolute panic buy who would do nothing to improve the first 11.

Our first 11 isn't the problem though, it's the larger squad. Once we have a few injuries, their replacements are abject, especially in midfield. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

Maybe not the first 11, but we are in need of a much more experienced squad and tbf he is better than our ‘squad’ players. I’d have him. 

14 hours ago, MGLCFC said:

Firstly he's not a buy, other than signing of fee and wages. Thought he could be a good addition to the squad as he is an upgrade on some we have on the bench and has a really fantastic attitude, which could help develop Barnes and Gray.

I never said he was a buy. However he would still cost a fair bit in wages alone. Why is their an obsession in some quarters on here on improving the bench when it's the first 11 that severely needs upgraded.

9 hours ago, wardyfox86 said:

Our first 11 isn't the problem though, it's the larger squad. Once we have a few injuries, their replacements are abject, especially in midfield. 

It is though, you don't have a single wide player in the first 11 who you can rely on to produce consistently over a season. As has been said on here before the best way to improve a squad is to enhance the starting IX and that way the squad organically grows stronger. Bloating the squad with over the hill players who are no better than what you already have, who wouldn't challenge for a regular starting spot is very much not the way to do it, that's before you even mention the player in question's injury record in recent years.

• Like 2