Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Manini

Adam Lallana

having seen Perez in the 10 role, I really don't think we need Lallana. Ayo and Madders are fantastic options, and Youri or Harvey could also play there.

Focus on a prolific right winger and get that 3rd centre back to stop attackers even approaching our area.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sdb said:

having seen Perez in the 10 role, I really don't think we need Lallana. Ayo and Madders are fantastic options, and Youri or Harvey could also play there.

Focus on a prolific right winger and get that 3rd centre back to stop attackers even approaching our area.

I think we do need depth though. I think that's what's separating us from our nearest rivals (bar Wolves) on current form.

It sounds like he has high standards in training too, which would hopefully benefit the entire squad. I think it'd be a decent signing to be honest, providing his legs haven't gone yet.

Really not convinced. 32, spotty injury history, probably on a decent amount of money. Is he much of an improvement on Maddison, Perez, Barnes or Tielemans at 10? I'd say probably not. You could argue he covers for the wide positions too but I don't think we're especially crying out for another slow winger who neither scores or creates goals with any regularity.

Maybe he wouldn't exactly break the bank but we're on a budget and I find it difficult to imagine we couldn't put those funds to better use somewhere else.

We've got reasonable numbers in the wide and attacking midfield areas but they all lack consistency and quality so its certainly an area we need improvements. I'd take Lallana on a reasonable wage but it can't be the only signing we make in that area of the pitch. Time to cash in on Gray or let Albrighton go.

• Like 1

Its a yes from me! a brilliant squad player, experienced, skillful and coming from a PL win he must have bags of energy and confidence working in a winning environment. Brendan knows him and how he would like him to fit into the current squad, Not much coaching needed. Lastly hes on a free transfer ffs.. How can anyone complain!!! k thanks

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Poznan34 said:

"The 32-year-old, whom Klopp described as “a legend”, has several options when his deal expires and a reunion with Brendan Rodgers at Leicester appears most likely."

A bit weird that they extended his contract for this period then, could've already joined by now and got settled in rather than just spending his time at Liverpools training ground

47 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

A bit weird that they extended his contract for this period then, could've already joined by now and got settled in rather than just spending his time at Liverpools training ground

He would have wanted the chance to get a league winners medal though 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Not really, he would have been stuck training at home. This way he can stay fit for next season, which is very important at his age. With the short pre-season theyve done whoever signs him a solid... plus paid the wages for another month. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Would have still got one, anyone who plays 5 or more PL games for the title winners gets one.

Would you feel the same buzz though if you were away playing with another team?

Given, there's not been any victory parade or games in front of fans, but when he signed he might have thought there was an outside chance of that. When we first went into lockdown, I genuinely held out the hope I'd be able to go on my holiday in May. Who knew.