Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Manini

Adam Lallana

Rodgers bringing the right people in to the club. By all accounts he's a great person to have around the club and a versatile squad player that can play across the front line. I'm all for it on a free. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

A bit weird that they extended his contract for this period then, could've already joined by now and got settled in rather than just spending his time at Liverpools training ground

He signed knowing he was a squad player just in case Liverpool needed him for the title run in. Tells me he has a good attitude and would therefore fit in at Leicester. Lallana would be a quality signing on a free in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Would you feel the same buzz though if you were away playing with another team?

Given, there's not been any victory parade or games in front of fans, but when he signed he might have thought there was an outside chance of that. When we first went into lockdown, I genuinely held out the hope I'd be able to go on my holiday in May. Who knew.

Of course, not to mention he couldn't actually play for anyone else until next season anyway so he might as well have stayed anyway. Liverpool were prepared to pay him an extra 2 months not to have to play but just train and keep fit, ideal for the lad.

• Like 1

I wasn't sold on Lallana at first but then you look at our options off the bench last night and Brendan really doesn't have much to work with. We badly need a bigger squad with more varied options so AL on a free does seem like a bit of a no-brainer provided he's not on stupidly high wages and passes all the medical assessments.

Edited by Paddy.
  • Like 2

Anyone who think this is a bad idea should look at our squad depth when we have injures and lots of games on a sort period of time!

He on a free, even if he's on 100k a week for two years, roughly 10 million, it would cost you that and wages on top to sign a average Championship player!

• Like 1

I`d like us to go in for Todd Cantwell at Norwich.  He`s tenacious in the tackle, and can see a pass, and he likes to run at the opposition, still only young with loads of potential to get even better.

I wouldn`t expect him to be a starter to begin with, but would be good coming off the bench when there were a few tired legs, and i think he would be able to work his way into the starting line up given a bit of time.

He has been linked with a  £10 million move to Sheff utd, but i can`t see him going anywhere for £10 million to be honest.

Bags of skill and PL experience. Probably the closest we'll get to a Mahrez replacement and I think he'd make a lot of goals for Vardy. 

Don't understand the animosity of some people towards him. And he's free! 

1 hour ago, Guest said:

You know what, those clips of him from six to eight years ago have really sold me on him. If we can also bring in Daniel Sturridge and Adam Johnson then I'd say our forward line would be pretty much set.

Bur he's free. What's to lose? 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

And the rest .......with a s/o fee, double that to 20m over four years 

If we signed him on a 4 year deal I’m jumping into the soar wearing a concrete suit 

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

And the rest .......with a s/o fee, double that to 20m over four years 

But we buy someone from overseas or the championship.Minimum 25 M for anyone with any quality + wages,who are unproven in the PL. 

My only concern is fitness. Providing he is, I think it's a good bet. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, enmac said:

But we buy someone from overseas or the championship.Minimum 25 M for anyone with any quality + wages,who are unproven in the PL. 

I’m just saying that the 5/10m is miles away from what he will cost us over his contract 

14 minutes ago, enmac said:

My main concern about signing him is he's pretty much done and would hardly ever get a game, don't see how he enhances the squad at all.

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..I really think it is for the experience and control and composure we lack in the middle of the park. When we are struggling to break teams down, just to stop players attempting to force the game.

There are younger players out there with the right mentality and football intelligence, they are very expensive and earmarked for bigger teams.

Perhaps Rodgers hopes that Tielemanns might need the time to grow into this type of player.

To be fair I don't think he's a bad player, I just can't see that he offers anything we don't already have in abundance. As another body in the squad, maybe, but the point of a rotation/backup option is that you can count on them when the players above them in the pecking order fail (whether through form or fitness) and I'm not sure we could in his case. Two or three years ago, maybe, but he's spent a few seasons now contributing very little.

8 minutes ago, Guest said:

To be fair I don't think he's a bad player, I just can't see that he offers anything we don't already have in abundance. As another body in the squad, maybe, but the point of a rotation/backup option is that you can count on them when the players above them in the pecking order fail (whether through form or fitness) and I'm not sure we could in his case. Two or three years ago, maybe, but he's spent a few seasons now contributing very little.

...2 or 3 years ago we could not have got him!!!