Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Manini

Adam Lallana

Congers has suddenly gone up a notch in my estimation. Next bullet to dodge is that Southampton fella. That would then make it a fantastic start to this Window.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevosevic said:

He's taken a pay cut to go there.

He was on £110k a week at Liverpool and even with a wage cut Brighton still managed to break their wage structure so wouldn’t surprise me if he is on like £75k a week

7 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

He's taken a pay cut to go there.

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

He was on £110k a week at Liverpool and even with a wage cut Brighton still managed to break their wage structure so wouldn’t surprise me if he is on like £75k a week

And we have no idea what the s/o fee was ....... I would think somewhere between 5 and ten mill if he’s only on 75k/week.  Suspect the promise of regular games has swung it and I wonder if he still has family close to soton 

Edited by st albans fox

5 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

Good business from Brighton. I think he's got a few good years left actually, I like him. Think we should be aiming higher though. 

It's a gamble for sure, rumoured they've broken their wage structure for a 32yr old with recent injury troubles. He's played 15 and 13 times in the league over the past 2 season. 

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Lee Congerton and Brendan Rodgers gone up in my estimation, that's already a strong start to the window.

...not too sure about this post!!!

Are you saying glad we dodged a bullet,  inferring that we made a good decision to let him go?

The possibility is, that he looked at our offer and chose someone else.

6 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...not too sure about this post!!!

Are you saying glad we dodged a bullet,  inferring that we made a good decision to let him go?

The possibility is, that he looked at our offer and chose someone else.

I was being sarcastic based on the abuse both get regarding transfers. Either way, I'd not be giving Adam Lallana a 3 year deal. Id not have been that upset if we signed him this summer but it would be a gamble based on past performances going back a fair few years. We don't have to take such gambles if we continue our recruitment methods of recent years. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

3 years is over the top for 32 old who has 40 apps in the last 3 years

Plus a large list of injuries which has caused him to spend more time on the physio table than the bench.

Could have been good to have for the season or two and then given a coaching role to help bring on the youth but I suppose at his age he wants to be playing as much as possible if he can stay injury free ?