Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Brooksy

Birmingham Pre Match

5 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Seriously - a club of our size should have someone in the 17/20 age group pushing the first team squad.  Perhaps KDH would be that player if he wasn’t on loan.  Are there any others ??

i’m proud that we have three academy grads in the first tram squad but given our profile, it’s essential that we develop through our academy rather than buying talent in ......

arsenal have plenty of kids in their first team squad. Spurs have introduced tanganga this season and we will see parott playing soon ....yanited have a few kids playing 

We can’t expect to always have these youngsters coming through though. When we hit a patch when they aren’t, we do seem to try and bring in 16-18 year olds who we can develop and bring through. Again, spotting that talent/potential first or before they become hot property is also difficult and is always based on risk.

8 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

We can’t expect to always have these youngsters coming through though. When we hit a patch when they aren’t, we do seem to try and bring in 16-18 year olds who we can develop and bring through. Again, spotting that talent/potential first or before they become hot property is also difficult and is always based on risk.

my concern is that we dont stunt the development of some v good 17/19 y o.   if they don't feel that they are getting an opportunity to show their talent for the first team squad then they may look elsewhere or some may not even come here in the first place. 

i guess if we had an o/s talent then we would already know about them and they would be in and around the first team squad ……...

we are a forward looking club which will soon have an o/s training centre.  we didn't have a reputation for developing excellent home grown talent. we have struck lucky in the past five years and we need to keep moving forward in this regard. that's why its disappointing that we may have a period without anyone o/s. - anyway, onwards and upwards ! 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

Can you give me some examples of when we have brought through 16-18 year olds? We have brought through Luke Thomas and that's it in 12 months, it is absolutely astonishing.

8 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Not really valid to be bashing the products of the academy when we have Chillwell, Barnes and Hamza playing most weeks. 

Big questions remain about any of these three; are they going to be PL players?

Chilwell at 23 and been in the first team squad for years is proving he isn’t. Tbf  the other two are relatively new to the first team and do have time to step up their game.

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader

45 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Well he only gets the team news when we're losing on a regular basis...

Or on the flip side, we only lose when the other team has the advantage of seeing our lineup beforehand... :ph34r:

12 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Extra time before pens.

FFS Geoff...what about bedtime!!!

Not bothered about my 11 year old but I need my beauty sleep!!!!

2 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Jesus christ, the only captain choice where you wouldnt want other players following his lead

Yeah, he wouldn't be my choice, but he's the joint longest serving senior of the line-up and will be up for it against his old club.

Just now, RonnieTodger said:

Yeah, he wouldn't be my choice, but he's the joint longest serving senior of the line-up and will be up for it against his old club.

Yeah but if you popped back to your old school, drunk and abusive, they wouldn't let you teach the class would they?

7 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Why is Chilwell playing ffs.

Play JJ left back where he was played at times at Luton.

Because you do not play yourself into form getting dogs abuse on the bench? :dunno:

• Like 2