Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Brooksy

Birmingham Pre Match

7 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

Our U23s are flying in the PL2. With an already young squad, throwing them in might not be the greatest idea. 

All the big clubs have 17-19 year olds on massive contracts (relatively). 

Let’s not forget who we are, who’s come through the ranks recently and look for something negative for the sake of it. We’ve got 3 players in our first team who’ve recently made it through. You can’t churn a Premier League quality player out from every age group. We’re doing well on that front, but maybe it’ll take a couple more years to see the next one. 

7 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

It’s very rare for clubs (Chelsea, Utd, Liverpool) aside to keep producing top players through the academy who then go onto regular first team football in the premier league. For us to have Choudhury, Barnes and Chilwell in the first team now is a fantastic achievement. Schlupp also in recent years. I agree that our academy could potentially be improved but jesus wept it isn’t as bad as some are making out. If players aren’t good enough then they aren’t going to make it, full stop. The 23’s level of football is crap, just because someone is playing well there doesn’t necessarily guarantee them a passage to the first team. 

Seriously - a club of our size should have someone in the 17/20 age group pushing the first team squad.  Perhaps KDH would be that player if he wasn’t on loan.  Are there any others ??

i’m proud that we have three academy grads in the first tram squad but given our profile, it’s essential that we develop through our academy rather than buying talent in ......

arsenal have plenty of kids in their first team squad. Spurs have introduced tanganga this season and we will see parott playing soon ....yanited have a few kids playing 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Seriously - a club of our size should have someone in the 17/20 age group pushing the first team squad.  Perhaps KDH would be that player if he wasn’t on loan.  Are there any others ??

i’m proud that we have three academy grads in the first tram squad but given our profile, it’s essential that we develop through our academy rather than buying talent in ......

arsenal have plenty of kids in their first team squad. Spurs have introduced tanganga this season and we will see parott playing soon ....yanited have a few kids playing 

Not really valid to be bashing the products of the academy when we have Chillwell, Barnes and Hamza playing most weeks. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, StanSP said:

This explains why their youngster isn't playing :blink:

Wow that's crazy. Probably a great move for him though, look how good the young players at Dortmund become. Plus they know they can fleece Man U for 4x that amount in 4 years time when he's the finished article. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

I just say,I too have questioned recently our Lack of pushing,our young Investments from our secondary Teams through,for a Taste and introduction to the First team.

Barnes,Chilwell,Choudhury,have Made their marks,I would of expected a couple more to be knocking on the door since the turn of the year.

Are Youth Coaches Holding them back or are first Team Coaches and management Not seeing any potential talent putting themselves through....

What happened to the rise of Leshabela..

They are far too slow in getting the U18's in to the U23's and it can't be helping their progression. You look at some of our better U23's who are 20/21 and bar Dewsbury-Hall they have gone on loan to League One and Two and aren't really playing, if that's not enough for our club to consider a new strategy then I don't know what is.

Terell Pennant and Kasey McAteer have been in lethal form for our U18's for weeks and should be in the U23's, what's the point in waiting until they are 18+ to move up? Beaglehole seemingly has a job for life for being a pal of Rudkins, Peake has been there since the war as well by the looks of it.

• Like 1

Back to the match,. I for one am really looking forward to it.   Been awhile since we played BC.  Remember the times I went to their ground and at ours before I left for the land of the sun.

It'll be a cracking atmosphere.  Hope Leicester boys will be apart of it too.  Come on Leicester :scarf:

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

They are far too slow in getting the U18's in to the U23's and it can't be helping their progression. You look at some of our better U23's who are 20/21 and bar Dewsbury-Hall they have gone on loan to League One and Two and aren't really playing, if that's not enough for our club to consider a new strategy then I don't know what is.

Terell Pennant and Kasey McAteer have been in lethal form for our U18's for weeks and should be in the U23's, what's the point in waiting until they are 18+ to move up? Beaglehole seemingly has a job for life for being a pal of Rudkins, Peake has been there since the war as well by the looks of it.

Thanks for getting my point .......

im trying to be constructive as opposed to the responses which have been way too simplified and based on our current first team squad 

• Like 1

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

It's live on Facebook. :rolleyes:

Can't for the life of me think why teams are taking the FA Cup less seriously nowadays! 

On facebook?

Seriously?

:revenge:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, alanf0x said:

With Birmingham not going up or down, surprised Jude Bellingham won’t be involved for them 

Was really hoping to see him play.

Must be nice signing for Dortmund at 16. Hate to think what I was doing at that age :whistle:

On 28/02/2020 at 22:07, Matt said:

sideway, backwards, sideways, backwards, backwards, sideways, sideways, FORWARDS!!!!....backwards, backwards, backwards to Kasper, sideways, sideways, back..... :sleep:

That's an improvement on friday night

S I d e w a y s    b a c k w a r d s

I never realised football could be played so slowly.

Paint was drying quicker.

• Like 1

On 02/03/2020 at 09:51, les-tah said:

Rest Vardy and Ndidi 1 more game because hes going to be critical in the premier league run.

Kasper

Ricardo   Evans   Soyuncu   Chilwell

Perez     Praet     Tielemens    Barnes

Madders

Iheanacho

Still agree with my team above but would like to try Justin RB and Ricardo RM.. Not because i think hes a winger its just that hes our best player so id be entertained with him on the wing ripping it up.

REVISED

Kasper

Justin    Evans   Soyuncu   Chilwell

Ricardo   Praet     Tielemens    Barnes

Madders

Iheanacho

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Haywood_6 said:

Play a strong team, use the game to rebuild our confidence. We're on another level to these if we play with purpose. Score early to shut those 5000 brummies up and give them a sobering defeat. Feeling good about this one.

Absolutely. Our fragile confidence needs a real boost. Don't invite a morale sapping defeat by going underpowered. I'd send the full troops in. Confidence and results breeds more of the same.