Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Brooksy

Birmingham Pre Match

Guest An Sionnach
1 hour ago, Md9 said:

Give hirst or some one from the under 23s a run out can still put s string team out with one or 2 of them on the bench at least. I imagine wes and Fuchs will probably play and maybe ward. If nacho plays hope he gets a few 

Hirst is the obvious candidate if only because at 6-4 or so he gives us a different type of striker. He is pretty quick as well.

Edited by An Sionnach

6 hours ago, rachhere said:

Still don't understand why he's not been offered a new contract. I love Hamza and he has a role in the team, but he can't provide a direct replacement to Wilf in the way that Mendy can. Why let him go and risk bringing someone else in who might not fit in with the team and we have other priority areas?

Maybe his injury history factors into the decision.

1 hour ago, Md9 said:

Give hirst or some one from the under 23s a run out can still put s string team out with one or 2 of them on the bench at least. I imagine wes and Fuchs will probably play and maybe ward. If nacho plays hope he gets a few 

Won’t be Hirst who played tonight .....

Think we'll rotate Ward in for Schmeichel and rest a few bodies in the defence but otherwise we'll field the strongest side possible with Vardy and Ndidi likely to be rested. With the dip in form recently, we have two winnable home games against Birmingham and Villa and I expect to see a response both in terms of results and performance levels. Progress in the FA Cup and a home win in the league will improve the mood and give us something to kick-on from. 

Ward

Justin    Morgan     Bennett     Fuchs

Choudhury 

Perez    Praet     Tielemans     Gray

Iheanacho

Edited by LCCFox96
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Been dog muck in almost every cup appearance this season, I hope not.

Then again we could let this forum decide who deserves to start and field nobody lol

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Been dog muck in almost every cup appearance this season, I hope not.

Been dog muck all season not just the cups. He served no purpose here now. Not as a player ... would like to keep him around though. Maybe get him through the badges. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, casablancas said:

Been dog muck all season not just the cups. He served no purpose here now. Not as a player ... would like to keep him around though. Maybe get him through the badges. 

Agreed, it's just in the cups he's been given more starts and seems to have not revelled in the opportunity. He has always been a player who has to play himself in to form which doesn't compute well with being a back up player.

He’s got no pace and he’s deliveries now are not what they were and let’s fave it our strike force ain’t dominant. He can’t really take players on and doesn’t have an abundance  of skill. He does however support Ricardo well and tracks back. But for me. I think it’s tome we let him go.

one of the best free transfers ever. 

51 minutes ago, casablancas said:

He’s got no pace and he’s deliveries now are not what they were and let’s fave it our strike force ain’t dominant. He can’t really take players on and doesn’t have an abundance  of skill. He does however support Ricardo well and tracks back. But for me. I think it’s tome we let him go.

one of the best free transfers ever. 

Well we don`t really want to be playing out EPL XI do we, so something needs to give.

Can we give the youngsters a boost - chant their names loud! Chilly, Madders, Barnes...... they are all lacking confidence so let's get behind them and give them a lift. They need to feel we are with them not against them.  They will smash it!!

Edited by Hales
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hales said:

Can we give the youngsters a boost - chant their names loud! Chilly, Madders, Ayoze, Barnes...... they are all lacking confidence so let's get behind them and give them a lift. They need to feel we are with them not against them.  They will smash it!!

Perez is hardly a youngster, he's a £30m professional who is paid to step up to the plate. He's 5'11" and should have sorted out his pathetic weakness on the ball by now instead of allowing himself to be pushed around like a big girl's blouse. Nevertheless I would still never boo him but if he plays well will happily applaud him. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Perez is hardly a youngster, he's a £30m professional who is paid to step up to the plate. He's 5'11" and should have sorted out his pathetic weakness on the ball by now instead of allowing himself to be pushed around like a big girl's blouse. Nevertheless I would still never boo him but if he plays well will happily applaud him. 

Ok exclude Perez from that 😂

Edited 😂

Edited by Hales
  • Haha 1