Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Brooksy

Birmingham Pre Match

Don't fancy us. Think we will have plenty of possession but be slow and ineffective once again in the danger area. 0-0 at half time and they'll grow in 

Confidence and score late as we fail to close down again. Currently we're playing C level football: clueless and without belief/confidence.

3 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Go full strength / drop out of form players and hammer the twats. Big win could do us the world of good.

Fuchs for Chilwell.

Justin at RB.

Ricardo for Perez .

Shame we can't drop Maddison and Tielemans as well!!

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

the point is that you should have good age groups following on .... all the big clubs have a clump of 17/18/19 y o prospects getting first team football.  Our youngest is around 22 ??

Yeah true, just think at this point with promising talent in the under 23s and bringing Barnes,chillwell and hamza in through the academy we can’t moan too much at youth prospect compared to other clubs. But agree in giving the youth a chance more, like Chelsea did tonight. 

1 hour ago, oxtonfox said:

Don't fancy us. Think we will have plenty of possession but be slow and ineffective once again in the danger area. 0-0 at half time and they'll grow in 

Confidence and score late as we fail to close down again. Currently we're playing C level football: clueless and without belief/confidence.

You must be a hoot at parties... lol

21 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Haha imagine if we actually lose this tomorrow

20 hours ago, Farrington fox said:

Easy to do! Brum must fancy it, given our poor form. 

They don't! Peeked into their forum and while a few were predicting at best a draw (and even fewer, a narrow win), the majority sentiment is a run-of-the-mill victory for us. 

Of course, it's football and anything could happen on any given day but, with arguably their 2 best players (Bellingham and Bela) unavailable, I fully expect us to roundly beat these. 

:scarf:

>

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Chelsea played an 18 y o kid who was mom ......

where are  our 18/19 y o ??.

I find it amazing that we are top of PL2 and yet our best youngsters are in League One and Two and some of them barely playing there. I just do not buy that our academy is well ran, it's not innovative enough. Hopefully Rodgers flexes his authority there as it has to be changed.

10 minutes ago, String fellow said:

If any Birmingham City fans are predicting a draw then they clearly haven't realised that that's impossible! Penalties after extra time will decide it, if necessary.

They are predicting a draw after extra-time, but are split on who wins the PKs

16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I find it amazing that we are top of PL2 and yet our best youngsters are in League One and Two and some of them barely playing there. I just do not buy that our academy is well ran, it's not innovative enough. Hopefully Rodgers flexes his authority there as it has to be changed.

I just say,I too have questioned recently our Lack of pushing,our young Investments from our secondary Teams through,for a Taste and introduction to the First team.

Barnes,Chilwell,Choudhury,have Made their marks,I would of expected a couple more to be knocking on the door since the turn of the year.

Are Youth Coaches Holding them back or are first Team Coaches and management Not seeing any potential talent putting themselves through....

What happened to the rise of Leshabela..

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

the point is that you should have good age groups following on .... all the big clubs have a clump of 17/18/19 y o prospects getting first team football.  Our youngest is around 22 ??

Our U23s are flying in the PL2. With an already young squad, throwing them in might not be the greatest idea. 

All the big clubs have 17-19 year olds on massive contracts (relatively). 

Let’s not forget who we are, who’s come through the ranks recently and look for something negative for the sake of it. We’ve got 3 players in our first team who’ve recently made it through. You can’t churn a Premier League quality player out from every age group. We’re doing well on that front, but maybe it’ll take a couple more years to see the next one. 

It’s very rare for clubs (Chelsea, Utd, Liverpool) aside to keep producing top players through the academy who then go onto regular first team football in the premier league. For us to have Choudhury, Barnes and Chilwell in the first team now is a fantastic achievement. Schlupp also in recent years. I agree that our academy could potentially be improved but jesus wept it isn’t as bad as some are making out. If players aren’t good enough then they aren’t going to make it, full stop. The 23’s level of football is crap, just because someone is playing well there doesn’t necessarily guarantee them a passage to the first team. 

Gray... He has everything a winger needs to succeed: pace, dribbling skills, shooting...alas, he's never got the sequence right. Perhaps some personal mentoring by  oldhands like Ray Parlour, Steve Mc'namanam, Keith Gelliespie...and a sports psychologist... it could work you know... They'll be paid to just sit down with him and talk ( away from the training ground) show videos and share personal experiences. No egos or blaming. They do this in Germany and Italy. You'd be surprised at the result. Players like serge Gnabry, Veretout, even Marcos Alonso whom many gave up on came back smoking...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1