Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 1-0 Birmingham - Post-Match Thread

1 minute ago, Foxhateram said:

Albrighton to start on Monday please. Wasn't amazing by all means, but offered far more than Perez has done for over a month. 

Nah.

Perez and Barnes will be back in. 

20 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

We won a game!  :scarf:

In the hat.   :scarf:

They parked the bus.  We didn't look brilliantly convincing, to be fair.

I hope the result, at least, is the springboard we so desperately need.

And yes, we dream of a team of Ricardo Pereiras.

I bet he'd be decent in goal, too.

:scarf:

Its a win yep! 

If possible both teams managed to park the bus.

Worst game ive seen live for a while, years. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Manini said:

Don’t necessarily begrudge them but they weren’t playing for a point in the league, it was a cup tie to be fair. If I was a Birmingham fan I’d be pretty upset it took them until 88 minutes to properly throw sheets to the wind. I know stepping up and playing a bit is risk and reward but I thought they offered very little. 

Same if I’m honest. 

What grates with me, and it’s not just us. But this dilly dallying about passing between the defenders. Is Just so boring. I get why you’d make a couple of exchanges. But to keep going across the back 3 or 4, sometimes twice, before moving forward. Give me strength 

• Like 1

Not the prettiest in the first half. Much better in the second. Never easy to play against two banks of 4. We need to figure out a way to combat this. It’s always been a downfall for us. Shock horror, another player plays shite against their former team for us. Seriously hoping a shithouse win like this is gonna rejuvenate our season. 

• Like 1

Job done. Game was as expected. They had a block, we struggled to break the block. Praet was brilliant I thought, Gray needs to be either sold or loaned out. He's simply not good enough at the moment and won't ever get there by staying here. Tbh BR should have taken him off at half time for Barnes. Overall we're through to the quarters! :scarf:

• Like 2

Sort of followed the theme of our performances against Championship teams in this years FA Cup but also following up some very abject attacking displays for the last month.

Chilwell was very good tonight, that will do his confidence the world of good. Struggling for many other positives if I'm honest. Really really whiffy.

• Like 4

What we witnessed tonight was a team totally devoid of confidence and lacking squad depth. Digging out a win was crucial. Follow up with a win against Villa with Vardy back on the score sheet and this could be a crucial turning point in our season. When we were on our run we were playing way above ourselves. Likewise, our recent results and performances have been way below what we are capable of. Champions League qualification and and FA cup double still on. Come on lads! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Foxhateram said:

Assist and broke up the play well. Moving us forward much quicker than in recent weeks. Ricardo celebrated with him after the goal, they work much better together. Perez has been absent for weeks. An Albrighton cross almost always finds a player. Or at least puts the ball in the danger zone. He offers far more than people give him credit for. 

I know he isn't everyone's top choice. But credit where it is due. 

WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA

2 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

Assist and broke up the play well. Moving us forward much quicker than in recent weeks. Ricardo celebrated with him after the goal, they work much better together. Perez has been absent for weeks. An Albrighton cross almost always finds a player. Or at least puts the ball in the danger zone. He offers far more than people give him credit for. 

I know he isn't everyone's top choice. But credit where it is due. 

He was quite simply woeful, and I think 9 out of 10 who’ve watched would say the same 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 2

First ten mins were good , kind of lost our way a bit then. second half much better just needed to take a chance.  Bit nervous in the end but that can happen to any one on 1-0 

Need to smash the villa now and then the confidence can come back.  

Got to look on the bright side despite the bad form 

COME ON LEICESTER 

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

He was quite simply woeful, and I think 9 out of 10 who’ve watched would say the same 

It was one of the worst performances I've seen from him and there's been some horror shows over the years. Not once did he take the ball and either beat a man or keep hold of it to bring others in. He just ran it in to the opposition and completely lost all initiave. He has never been particularly skillful to take players on but I struggle to see what the point of him is as he cannot keep hold of the ball to build attacks for us.