Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 1-0 Birmingham - Post-Match Thread

Phew.

Still shaky but I'm pleased Chilwell played well. Marc doesn't suit our play but he is an absolute professional and eventually one of his floated deliveries in the box worked. Thought Youri looked okay too and good to get some miles under Wilf's legs.

But Gray should never play for this club again

If Birmingham had turned up with any ambition they could have won that. Thankfully they just came to stink the place up with two banks of four like the complete and utter pussies they are. 

We’re through, at least. 

80% possession in the second half and then can't hold the ball for 5 secs in the last 5 minutes. The difference in the second half was that we played with more speed and passed forwards more (still not enough). We must have less headers in the box per cross than any other team in history. Does Brendan know that we can't head the ball very well?

I think that last three minutes told you all need to know. Our confidence is shot. Thankfully there was a bit more direction. 

Gotta feed the ball through the lines. The confidence means players are taking the easy option of a sideways pass. 

2 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

We go again

On to the next one.

Just now, FIF said:

80% possession in the second half and then can't hold the ball for 5 secs in the last 5 minutes. The difference in the second half was that we played with more speed and passed forwards more (still not enough). We must have less headers in the box per cross than any other team in history. Does Brendan know that we can't head the ball very well?

Scored with the most important one though ;) 

• Haha 1

Ricky and chilly played well! Pleased for Chilly, he needed that and nice to seem him getting forward and trying. He looked much more confident. Dennis good again. Gray needs to go in the summer i think. A little shaky but it's a win and that will help them. Never thought we would lose that! 

2 minutes ago, Manini said:

If Birmingham had turned up with any ambition they could have won that. Thankfully they just came to stink the place up with two banks of four like the complete and utter pussies they are. 

We’re through, at least. 

We’d have passed it around them if they come out too much. Their tactics were 70% correct but they had zero pace on the counter to take advantage 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FIF said:

Found the guy who missed the goal.

• Haha 1

Still cannot work out how and why we’re so shit  after being really quite good. What the actual FUCH?

Still, we won, for what it’s worth. So let’s see. Another semi final defeat?  Maybe we’ll remember that we can actually play football. We can hope. 

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

We’d have passed it around them if they come out too much. Their tactics were 70% correct but they had zero pace on the counter to take advantage 

Don’t necessarily begrudge them but they weren’t playing for a point in the league, it was a cup tie to be fair. If I was a Birmingham fan I’d be pretty upset it took them until 88 minutes to properly throw sheets to the wind. I know stepping up and playing a bit is risk and reward but I thought they offered very little. 

Edited by Manini

Just now, Manini said:

I think what we’ve all got to remember here is that all the very best teams in history have played like shit yet still found a way to win....

:ph34r:

That's a good point, but it's just a shame all that hunger and hard work that game in the first half of the seasons seems to have just randomly disappeared and why? Has our game play and tactics been figured out? Should we have strengthed more in January? Why's the players confidence suddenly dipped even though we're 3rd in the league.