Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Aston Villa (H) pre-match, 09/03/20

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

I think they'll employ same tactics as the first leg draw in EFL Cup. They'll see it got them a point then and will be confident of getting another again. 

I hope we play 2 up top. Against a defensive side, like Birmingham last night, we saw how difficult it is to break teams down who sit back but also when we only play one striker alone. 

Would be tempted to go three at the back - Evans, Soyuncu, Fuchs/Bennett? 

Pereira & Chilwell on wings. Ndidi, Maddison and Tielemans in the middle. 

Vardy and Kelechi up top. 

Villa are lucky bastards if they're picking points up in the cup!

Sorry couldn't resist. 

• Haha 1

Guest An Sionnach

For me its an either or situation with Maddison and Tielemans , both want to be playmaker and its not working , the greater industry of Praet gives more options in midfield . Three at the back helps Chilwell and if we want him to recover his form for me its the only way to go . When Vardy plays Barnes is his best partner likewise with Iheanacho , Perez is his best partner. So its 3-5-2 for me.

Time to get serious and bring in the Cavalary....!

Ward

Soyu     Bennet  Evans

Ricardo.                                      Justin

Ndidi

Praet.                   Leshabela

Hirst.      Vardy

3-4-1-2 please, Brendan, as below. You know it makes sense.

Schmeichel

Morgan or Bennett, Evans, Soyuncu

Ricardo, Ndidi, Praet, Chilwell or Fuchs

Maddison or Tielemans

Vardy, Iheanacho 

That’s everyone in positions where they should be at their most comfortable and effective.

• Like 1

Will the crowd actually get involved again now that there is a bit jeopardy to the games? 

It's been ****ing miserable down there all season because we've had a massive points cushion.

Time for the fans to actually do something other than gently clap a piece of cardboard   

Huge game. Lose this and we probably won't recover.

Team needs shaking up a bit, we look completely out of ideas in the current system:

Schmeichel

Cags

Evans

Bennett 

Chilwell

Praet

Ndidi

Tielemans

Ricardo

Perez

Vardy

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

Time to get serious and bring in the Cavalary....!

Ward

Soyu     Bennet  Evans

Ricardo.                                      Justin

Ndidi

Praet.                   Leshabela

Hirst.      Vardy

do you not have quite enough to do at the moment?

8 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

do you not have quite enough to do at the moment?

Time to charrrrge,into the rest of the day....

by the way..your hands seem pretty Empty at the moment,if you can find space out of your Precious time ,to reply to my  illustrious posts...:celebrate:

Nacho has to play, he’s scored every time he’s played them this season. Him up top with Vardy is a must. 

This is Madders’ final warning game before giving him a rest from the starting line up too. Stick him at the tip of the diamond and say “you’re playing 10 not 6, if I see you standing next to Soyuncu again you’re off”. 

Praet (must start), Youri and Wilf are rest of midfield. Praet on right to help watch Peaky Blinders Jack, but mainly as he’s been ace and his energy and box to box style makes him a must pick. 

Usual back 4 and Kasper in goal razzing them up from the back. 

Just stick the 1-4 tape on repeat and remind them how to play, please Brendan. None of this crappy wing play with crosses to no one, no Maddison dropping deep when 3 other midfielders can get the ball. I want to see players show for it and move if they haven’t got the ball. Vardy, Kels and Madders need to be close together and linking, with Dennis being a menace with runs from deep and the fulls backs providing width. 

5 hours ago, MonkeyTennis? said:

Praet is phenomenal at the moment. He's the player we thought Tielemans was going to be, and the player that the media seems to think Maddison is. Should start every game IMO.

He’s a good little player, a solid 7/10 most weeks but is he really ‘phenomenal’? Not sure about that. 

• Like 2

Guest An Sionnach
1 minute ago, TJB-fox said:

He’s a good little player, a solid 7/10 most weeks but is he really ‘phenomenal’? Not sure about that. 

He's not sexy is he , behaves himself , boring haircut , probably drives a VW but he rarely makes a mistake and you need players like him.

6 hours ago, les-tah said:

Still absolutely baffling when some of you lot don't put Dennis Praet in your team lol  hes the best midfielder we have at the moment. 

that’s because he does nothing apart from make 5 yard passes. 

average player. Takes no risks at all. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

He's not sexy is he , behaves himself , boring haircut , probably drives a VW but he rarely makes a mistake and you need players like him.

I’ve just said he’s a solid 7/10 most weeks. I’m saying that he’s not phenomenal or a game changer like some have alluded to. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Last Six PL Games Form Guide

16th - Leicester

20th - Villa

Source: https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/premier-league/form-guide

Going back to when our problems began:

We have 12pts from the last 12 games.

Villa have 11pts from 10 games going back to boxing day.  Admittedly, that's pretty poor but slightly better than us and in terms of performance I just see more fight in Villa than us.  Also, they have beaten us and drawn with us over two games during that run.

I'm not confident, I think we need to find a way to scrap a win.  I really can't explain how a team that was ripping up the PL until Christmas should now look so toothless and passive.

Edited by murphy