Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Aston Villa (H) pre-match, 09/03/20

I'm quietly confident about this. Yes we lost both legs of the cup run but we played better and we smashed them in the league. I think players confidence has increased even if it's just a little. They must win this more than us so surely they cant afford to sit back for too long in the game? Their fans are not confident at all. We have Vardy back and Ndidi which is also a confidence boost to the team.  Make Villa work and tire them out!  We have a younger, fitter squad.

Edited by Hales

Guest An Sionnach
38 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Yeah it is. I've seen almost every player take criticism from our fans during this poor run of form yet Brendan seems to have an easy ride for whatever reason. It's a real concern that he still hasn't addressed any of these issues

An extended poor run of form always points to one individual , always has, always will.

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

Very true, I also have a theory for a while now from watching the players play and it's this. Has Rodgers stopped the players from taking chances as in beating a man before passing. Because looking at us now, every player wants to pass the Ball rather than commit a defender.

Our passing game simply isn't quick enough and our movement and passing isn't very good going forward.

Our positioning in the Box is extremely poor. BR needs to point out to the players where he expects them to be in certain situations. As they don't seem to be doing it naturally. 

Attacking Corners are another area doesn't seem right. Evans and Soync seem like they're marking each other when they come forward. Why not one center and one at the back post. And if you don't win the corner, target the Ball landing areas.

We don't do any of these things very well.

These are all reasonably easy issues to resolve but nothing seems to be happening. I see them game after game and that's down to the Manager.

Absolutely agree on your first point and it sticks out like a sore thumb and is so frustrating. It's  nice to see the supposed perfect goal but in reality how often does it happen? In the meantime how many opportunities have been missed. 

I have to agree that I also feel that we're not much of a threat from corners both through Madison's inconsistent delivery (try someone else on occasions) and seemingly no real plan.

Coaching is of course important but I sometimes get the feeling that some of our players are being overcoached to the extent that they're reticent to do anything that comes natural in fear that it may divert from a strict script. Concentration then seems to transpose to over carefulness, hence a slower pace. When we were doing well we were pressing hard with pace and one or two touch football. It now appears to have been replaced by a too thoughtful 'possession at all costs' passing game that is cumbersome and susceptible to the opposition teams press.

• Like 3

I am bricking it for this and a tense atmosphere will do us no favours whatsoever. We desperately need a win by whatever means possible, dont care if we play poorly and shit house it, we just need something to spark us into life. 

Need to start all guns blazing, run them off the park cos atm we're too passive

Not sure if Chelsea winning will motivate our players for this game or put pressure on them and we bottle it. If we play anything like we did against Norwich or Birmingham then we've no chance. Need our pre xmas form back. 

I honestly don't see tomorrow night being a vast improvement , the best I can hope for is we somehow get a win.

I think we've been found out. You can give us all the possession you want but if you sit deep we have some nice footballers who just don't have the ability to unlock that kind of defending. Just wait and see if you can get one on the break.

A team truly third in the PL shouldn't play a mid table Championship team at home have 70% plus possession and only create two on target chances.

1 minute ago, Ian Nacho said:

Must win with Chelsea winning today. 

We will set up the same be 1 on 1 with the keeper, dribble round the villa keeper and see a open net.

We then contain ourselfs and concentrate on possession football. Quick cruyff turn and launch it back to Kasper. To start again.

• Haha 1

This is not a must win, more a “could do with winning”.
Would be of benefit (obviously) because

• Winning becomes a habit 
  • Chelsea won by a fair margin
  • Remove some small hope from rivals
  • Its fewkin Villa
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

This is not a must win, more a “could do with winning”.
Would be of benefit (obviously) because

• Winning becomes a habit 
  • Chelsea won by a fair margin
  • Remove some small hope from rivals
  • Its fewkin Villa

Stop the fvcking moaning and panicking from others on here too at least for 5 days...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Stop the fvcking moaning and panicking from others on here too at least for 5 days...

Not sure what to make of this post chap. :dunno:

Could not tell if it was chastisement or ranting 

They had a free hit at us in the Carabao with no real pressure. They took their opportunity. This time they are under pressure and facing relegation. This is our opportunity.