Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Aston Villa (H) pre-match, 09/03/20

4 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

It allows our full backs to push up and gives us more width , its really about attack rather than defence , non of our attackers are natural wide players bar Albrighton. 

The theory is sound, the practice when we've tried it poor. The majority of our best performances and points gained have been by not using such a system. It has been scuppered however imo repeatedly playing underperforming players or perhaps even over complicating the system and not trusting the players at times, possibly by a manager trying to micro-manage too much at times. Sometimes you have to play to the strengths of the players you have, not to an idealistic system that you haven't yet got the players to fulfill. 

• Like 2

1-2. Same as other games. No change, no urgency, no intensity, and more crucially...no aggression. I would love to know why we have started to be so far apart in games, not keeping the quick short passes that works so effective when going forward. When either Evans or Cags has the ball everyone spreads across the pitch behind opposition players, not wanting it. 

We not only need a win, but a convincing one to get the confidence up. Sadly I can't see it against villa, they know us too well and know exactly how to stop us. 

Edited by fox_favourite

We need to dispense with the "Barnes/Perez wingers, one striker" idea for the rest of the season.  Neither of them are effective in that role.  Maximize creativity in the middle of the pitch and play two strikers, let the fullbacks provide the width.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

We need to dispense with the "Barnes/Perez wingers, one striker" idea for the rest of the season.  Neither of them are effective in that role.  Maximize creativity in the middle of the pitch and play two strikers, let the fullbacks provide the width.

Mike Bassett called, he wants his tactics back.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

I reckon this might well be our last home game of the season played with a crowd.

Villa are in the relegation zone, they cannot sit back. Grealish is their key creative player, but also the talisman of the team. Wilf should be able to do the job on him, now that he is back.

We need two strikers as one up front isn't working. We need to control that midfield too.

Kasper

Evans Soyuncu Fuchs

Ricardo Ndidi, Praet, Maddison, Chilwell

Nacho Vardy/Perez

• Like 1

Guest An Sionnach

Whatever line up or system we use , Rodgers needs to make it work because we are at home to a team in poorer form than us . I just hope its not 0-0 at half time, we need to start well and not let them into the game.

Don't care how we set up clean sheet please 4/14 in the league, after 5/6 against Southampton, Palace, Arsenal, Brighton, Everton and Watford. We won the league on 1-0 wins, just watched Palace three back to back 1-0's. A lot has been made of us not scoring but two clean sheets in a week an we have 6 points, always back us to find at least one goal. 

18 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Whatever line up or system we use , Rodgers needs to make it work because we are at home to a team in poorer form than us . I just hope its not 0-0 at half time, we need to start well and not let them into the game.

It was 0-0 at HT against Arsenal, Brighton, Palace and Watford only thing thats changed is the perspective. If we don't concede we win, crowd have a big part to play in not leaving an anxious atmosphere, as I believe it will be 0-0 at HT, we just have to back ourselves that we are a better team even in current form, because we are. 

All of the teams in the relegation scrap have lost so Villa will see this as a big chance. Even though we're not in form, we're still far better than them. The table doesn't lie. They're defence is arguably the worst in the league. Just be aggressive and beat the ****ers

• Like 1

9 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

The theory is sound, the practice when we've tried it poor. The majority of our best performances and points gained have been by not using such a system. It has been scuppered however imo repeatedly playing underperforming players or perhaps even over complicating the system and not trusting the players at times, possibly by a manager trying to micro-manage too much at times. Sometimes you have to play to the strengths of the players you have, not to an idealistic system that you haven't yet got the players to fulfill. 

Very true, I also have a theory for a while now from watching the players play and it's this. Has Rodgers stopped the players from taking chances as in beating a man before passing. Because looking at us now, every player wants to pass the Ball rather than commit a defender.

Our passing game simply isn't quick enough and our movement and passing isn't very good going forward.

Our positioning in the Box is extremely poor. BR needs to point out to the players where he expects them to be in certain situations. As they don't seem to be doing it naturally. 

Attacking Corners are another area doesn't seem right. Evans and Soync seem like they're marking each other when they come forward. Why not one center and one at the back post. And if you don't win the corner, target the Ball landing areas.

We don't do any of these things very well.

These are all reasonably easy issues to resolve but nothing seems to be happening. I see them game after game and that's down to the Manager.

• Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Honestly I'm expecting a loss due to a shit VAR decision. Our last few games have made me lose all faith in our officials. 

But irrelevant of that, we need to show fight and intensity. We have the quality to beat these.

You've watched our last few games and it's the officials you've lost faith in?

45 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Very true, I also have a theory for a while now from watching the players play and it's this. Has Rodgers stopped the players from taking chances as in beating a man before passing. Because looking at us now, every player wants to pass the Ball rather than commit a defender.

Our passing game simply isn't quick enough and our movement and passing isn't very good going forward.

Our positioning in the Box is extremely poor. BR needs to point out to the players where he expects them to be in certain situations. As they don't seem to be doing it naturally. 

Attacking Corners are another area doesn't seem right. Evans and Soync seem like they're marking each other when they come forward. Why not one center and one at the back post. And if you don't win the corner, target the Ball landing areas.

We don't do any of these things very well.

These are all reasonably easy issues to resolve but nothing seems to be happening. I see them game after game and that's down to the Manager.

Yeah it is. I've seen almost every player take criticism from our fans during this poor run of form yet Brendan seems to have an easy ride for whatever reason. It's a real concern that he still hasn't addressed any of these issues

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1