Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Aston Villa (H) pre-match, 09/03/20

Even as a happy clapper*, I have a baaaaad feeling about this one.

However, let's hope the cup result is the catalyst to a brighter springtime, with renewed optimism and confidence, because winter has been less than brilliant, hasn't it.

*Stop trying to make "Tinter" a thing. It's not a thing.

Not outstanding tonite but a wins a win and atleast saw some drive and determination to move the ball forwards. Chillwell was taking chAnces on making runs down the wing so hopefully he’ll keep on doing that. We’re still fannying about sideways and backwards but i guess that’s going to be a hard habit to break for the rest of this season atleast. Thanks to Ricky for heading that in and sparing us all extra time. Now let’s see a real performance against villa! It’s the big payback

• Like 1

4222 for me. Dominate the middle, mark Grealish out of the game (I wouldn't normally but he's so far ahead of the rest of their team.

Kasper

Ricardo   Evans   Soyuncu    Fuchs

Hamza   Ndidi

Tielemans Maddison

Vardy      Barnes*

*or Kel

Allows for an easy switch to 4231 or 433 too

Before each game, i've been thinking that this is the one where we rediscover our mojo and each time it doesn't happen.  I am now slowly resigning myself to the idea that we are going to blow this and end up 7th or 8th.  On current form, Villa are better than us.

We need to shithouse a win somehow because we are not going to carve them apart like we did at Villa Park.

I think they'll employ same tactics as the first leg draw in EFL Cup. They'll see it got them a point then and will be confident of getting another again. 

I hope we play 2 up top. Against a defensive side, like Birmingham last night, we saw how difficult it is to break teams down who sit back but also when we only play one striker alone. 

Would be tempted to go three at the back - Evans, Soyuncu, Fuchs/Bennett? 

Pereira & Chilwell on wings. Ndidi, Maddison and Tielemans in the middle. 

Vardy and Kelechi up top. 

• Like 1

If ever there was a game we needed to win it is this coming Monday. So far we've allowed Man City to overhaul us into second spot and doing our level best to get Chelsea to catch us up. Thank God we had a brilliant first half to the season.

Just play two up front ffs

3 hours ago, Koke said:

Monday night game.

Surely we can put these away. Every other team does it.

I said that prior to the Norwich game lol

Edited by Fox92
  • Haha 1

No doubt these will go out to foul and break the game up as much as possible so we really need an early goal then they will actually have to try and play some football then hopefully we can put a few past them on the break. Vardy 2 nacho 1 madders 1 same as the away game 4-1 City 

43 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Still absolutely baffling when some of you lot don't put Dennis Praet in your team lol  hes the best midfielder we have at the moment. 

Praet is phenomenal at the moment. He's the player we thought Tielemans was going to be, and the player that the media seems to think Maddison is. Should start every game IMO.

• Like 4

Going to be an absolute borefest I'd imagine. 

So many questions for this, I want two strikers in the pitch ideally but don't really think we'll need a back 3. Diamond has been shit at home. I think Praet deserves to keep his place, but don't like seeing Tielemans on the bench. Time to drop Maddison? I think it could be. Wide players all in shit form. 

Kasper

Ricardo

Evans

Soyuncu

Chilwell

Ndidi

Praet

Tielemans

Perez

Vardy

Barnes

And hope for the best. 

• Like 1

Team I want to see

Kasper

Morgan

Evans 

Soyuncu

Pereira 

Praet

Ndidi

Chilwell

Maddison

Vardy

Iheanacho

Team we will get

Kasper

Pereira

Evans 

Soyuncu

Chilwell

Ndidi

Perez

Tielemans

Maddison

Barnes

Vardy

I just wish we would try 2 up front more often. Or at least try a different approach. I don't even mind starting 4-1-4-1 but if it doesn't work don't just change personnel like for like. Mix it up and give the opposition something to think about. 

• Like 3