Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

League Suspended.

I think the FA cup and Champs League will be scrapped - certainly the CL. No reasonable chance to get them working.

The league MAY finish but I think it'll be July at the earliest for it being complete. Possibly in specific locations and all behind closed doors. 

I'm still not going to be surprised if the league just ends

4 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

I think the FA cup and Champs League will be scrapped - certainly the CL. No reasonable chance to get them working.

The league MAY finish but I think it'll be July at the earliest for it being complete. Possibly in specific locations and all behind closed doors. 

The fa cup could be done as part of pre season for next year. More value than those pre season competitions. Only 3 games to be played and make it go straight to pens?

30 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

24 minutes ago, teblin said:

The fa cup could be done as part of pre season for next year. More value than those pre season competitions. Only 3 games to be played and make it go straight to pens?

I don’t think they will want to mix up the seasons 

I expect them to squeeze the fa cup into this resumption at the front and back end 

I expect the euro comps to be shoe horned in too, even if that means August completion 

1 hour ago, Ricey said:

They won't worry about cups or Europe until the league seasons have finished. That's the priority.

If the first game is 7th June weekend and they play twice a week then the season is done by mid july

they would countenance the season going towards the end of July and euro finals being played early August. I can’t see the problem in fitting in the fa cup and the euro fixtures (the euro fixtures could well be single games rather than two legs) 

7 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Clubs have big squads 

we played West Ham with a reserve side and won there. Clubs will have to use their entire squads to finish the season. 

david Moyes just wants the season declared over so West Ham stay up. - self interest abounds.........

True - he always has some excuse up the sleeve

And West Ham have a history of injuries and going down would be really disastrous for them.

Heard from someone that works at the club that Leicester are in a special group who could play their remaining games at Wembley (behind closed doors).

Manchester United's is also in consideration for clubs further north.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Heard from someone that works at the club that Leicester are in a special group who could play their remaining games at Wembley (behind closed doors).

Manchester United's is also in consideration for clubs further north.

Would it make sense it was somewhere people couldn’t gather or access. St George’s park. Somewhere like that?

• Like 1

Champions league next season relies on Spain Italy and France to complete their leagues this season,plus many more countries........everyone needs to finish/reach an acceptable conclusion this season before it can even be thought about for next........can’t see it....

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

June isn’t really long enough - clubs aren’t back into training until mid may (when is approx the earliest that any relaxation will happen)  and two weeks won’t get them back to fitness. I think this is just a group of clubs who want the league null and void flexing their muscles ..... needs 14 to agree to get anything through ..... I can’t see that happening either in the short term.  If the lockdown is relaxed some time in may then no way can those clubs justify their inertness and public opinion will force their hand. I guess it depends what’s happens in the euro leagues .... if they are managing to complete their campaigns then these 9 PL clubs will be obvious for what they are .........

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

I just can’t see mass sporting or concert gatherings till the end of the year at the earliest. Even if we have social distancing going on after the lockdown ends in day mid May I can see that going on for 3-6 months. I imagine the first half of 20/21 season being played behind closed doors as well as the end of this season. 

9 minutes ago, whetstonefox said:

I just can’t see mass sporting or concert gatherings till the end of the year at the earliest. Even if we have social distancing going on after the lockdown ends in day mid May I can see that going on for 3-6 months. I imagine the first half of 20/21 season being played behind closed doors as well as the end of this season. 

Germany have announced some relaxations but mass gatherings remain banned until end August at the earliest .....  

23 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Germany have announced some relaxations but mass gatherings remain banned until end August at the earliest .....  

Who needs fans anyway? You wouldn’t be able to tell the difference in most PL stadiums..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anyone got any idea what happens IF the season is resumed behind closed doors, from the point of view, that just because the league decide to finish the season, doesn't mean travel restrictions from abroad are relaxed and it certainly looks like Fuchs and Perez have managed to get home before airlines grounded flights.

And from what I've seen recently even private jets are now struggling to gain access to countries.

We can't be the only ones in this situation and if we are it could end up looking a little foolish.

8 minutes ago, lestajigs said:

There will be no fans in the stadiums till there is a vaccine, there talking about  next spring,

Doesn’t that depend on what restrictions are placed on those who have reliably tested positive for having had the virus, assuming there is  evidence that immunity is persistent ??

1 hour ago, Bayfox said:

Anyone got any idea what happens IF the season is resumed behind closed doors, from the point of view, that just because the league decide to finish the season, doesn't mean travel restrictions from abroad are relaxed and it certainly looks like Fuchs and Perez have managed to get home before airlines grounded flights.

And from what I've seen recently even private jets are now struggling to gain access to countries.

We can't be the only ones in this situation and if we are it could end up looking a little foolish.

There are still some commercial flights operating between major cities ..