Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

League Suspended.

Surely if only 14 clubs are needed to vote this through, then that will happen? With only the clubs in the relegation zone and maybe 5th-7th complaining about it. 

Article also assumes Man City is banned from CL next season, is this the case given the appeal probably won't be heard any time soon? 

Edited by brucey
  • Like 1

PL Clubs to discuss 30th June deadline in a meeting tomorrow. 

When the whole country is in lockdown and no one really knowing when that will end, how can they come up with their own deadlines about what will happen? 

Looks like social distancing until a vaccine is available (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52308201).

You'd think that would mean no mass gatherings, but I bet they'll find a way. Too many clubs rely on the income to not have any matches with fans for another year to 18 months. They'll do all they can.

I imagine clubs will explore whether matches could go ahead with social distancing measures in place. For example; close the concourses, stagger entry times into the stadium, no away fans (reduces travel), no gatherings outside the stadium, attendance caps etc. All just ideas, but all things that would help take the edge off.

In the article it mentions that any relaxation of measures has to be replaced with something, so I wonder whether we'll see things like entry being refused unless you can prove immunity or prove that you are using the contact tracing app.

Just read some uefa briefings which seem to indicate that the CL final could be played end August with the quarters and semis late July or early August.

That means uefa are determined to allow time for the European leagues to finish their seasons - if we decide to finish after game 29 then we run the risk that uefa won’t accept our CL/Europa league nominations and to decide on England’s teams for next season based on their own coefficients because they would consider our 19/20 season incomplete.

10 hours ago, brucey said:

Surely if only 14 clubs are needed to vote this through, then that will happen? With only the clubs in the relegation zone and maybe 5th-7th complaining about it. 

Article also assumes Man City is banned from CL next season, is this the case given the appeal probably won't be heard any time soon? 

Spurs and Arsenal won’t vote for the season to be curtailed, they’ll both think they can either make the top 5 or get the season voided so they qualify for the Champions League.

Just now, ttfn said:

Spurs and Arsenal won’t vote for the season to be curtailed, they’ll both think they can either make the top 5 or get the season voided so they qualify for the Champions League.

See my previous post - curtailing the season gives one of them (I think it’s arsenal) the chance of being fourth CL qualifier re coefficient use and if Man City are banned, then spurs are fifth. I have a feeling that Man U are sixth. 

56 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

See my previous post - curtailing the season gives one of them (I think it’s arsenal) the chance of being fourth CL qualifier re coefficient use and if Man City are banned, then spurs are fifth. I have a feeling that Man U are sixth. 

Didn’t EUFA say that no teams would be allowed to enter if their season wasn’t completed? I could’ve misinterpreted that. 

1 hour ago, Leeds Fox said:

Didn’t EUFA say that no teams would be allowed to enter if their season wasn’t completed? I could’ve misinterpreted that. 

I believe they did but that could be interpreted as no teams allowed to enter on the basis of season 19/20 unless completed. That’s how we would be ‘stitched up’.   Liverpool are declared champions but we don’t get CL. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Ricey said:

Looks like social distancing until a vaccine is available (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52308201).

You'd think that would mean no mass gatherings, but I bet they'll find a way. Too many clubs rely on the income to not have any matches with fans for another year to 18 months. They'll do all they can.

I imagine clubs will explore whether matches could go ahead with social distancing measures in place. For example; close the concourses, stagger entry times into the stadium, no away fans (reduces travel), no gatherings outside the stadium, attendance caps etc. All just ideas, but all things that would help take the edge off.

In the article it mentions that any relaxation of measures has to be replaced with something, so I wonder whether we'll see things like entry being refused unless you can prove immunity or prove that you are using the contact tracing app.

Every club should be able to sell the rights to watch the team. Either per game or a season ticket. Then you watch it on a foxes player type thing that just about every club has available these days. 

Sky and the like still get there games, it’s up to you if you want both. Lower leagues have been doing this with ifolllow for a while. 

I just do not see how another season can start without concluding this one regardless of when that will be.

We are in an unprecedented time and people are acting like if this season was scrapped, we’d start again in August as if nothing has happened. Who knows when we’ll properly be able to start playing again. So why scrap this one when there’s no certainty about the next one?? I feel for the leagues who have already been scrapped so early on. Don’t see any sense in it 

• Like 1

On 16/04/2020 at 11:15, Ricey said:

Concourses won’t be allowed to be closed due to human rights 

Whilst I understand why the Premier League is saying the new season would need to start by September - practically boxing in the clubs who are hoping this current one is completed - I can’t help feel that could be a foolish move.

There is a good chance that come next winter - when our NHS is traditionally ****ed anyway - a second wave of this virus could result in the government needing to re-establish a lockdown for a further period, resulting in potentially two unfinished seasons! 

Contracts and the transfer window are a valid issue however - as simple as it sounds to just ‘extend’ these for a month or so, we’ve already seen how different interests can act when it comes to laying off staff and player wage reductions. 

• Like 1

People are clutching now.

There's no chance the 2020-21 season will happen let alone finish this season.

They'll try it behind closed doors for a couple of weeks and the inevitable will happen and a player, backroom staff or match official will test positive and it will collapse straight away.

We should just accept they'll be no football until a vaccine can be mass produced which is likely 18 months away.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Sampson said:

People are clutching now.

There's no chance the 2020-21 season will happen let alone finish this season.

They'll try it behind closed doors for a couple of weeks and the inevitable will happen and a player, backroom staff or match official will test positive and it will collapse straight away.

We should just accept they'll be no football until a vaccine can be mass produced which is likely 18 months away.

You underestimate the amount of testing that will be available by then.  To me, the question is more about the product behind closed doors. Whilst we will put up with that to get this campaign finished, going forwards, is that really ‘football’ as we all know and love it ???? With no atmosphere, the tv companies will begin to lose audience. I can see problems into next season if we are still behind closed doors as the experience of this June/July will expose this for what it is - NO PASSHUNNN! 

seriously, I can imagine the tv companies playing background crowd noise to compensate ! 

On 17/04/2020 at 09:15, leicesterseddon said:

As if we wouldn’t complete the season because a handful of players’ contracts will run out and some teams are due to change ****ing kit supplier. 

always gonna be money rather than health reasons that sway whatever eventual decision we come to